Author Topic: 10K on the JK  (Read 1691 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
10K on the JK
« on: October 30, 2016, 03:43:23 PM »
Rolled over 10K miles on my 2015 Wrangler Sahara JK yesterday.
Took me 54 weeks to manage that.
So far the vehicle had been flawless. I've only done a little light off road driving with it but I didn't buy it to be a rock crawling mud slinger.

I get a pretty consistent 19Mpg on the standard 10% ethanol we have around here.
My only complaints about the vehicle are minor nits about design issues.
I consider the fuel tank to be a bit on the small side, 18 gallons, another 5 gallons of capacity would be nice.
A few more cargo tie downs in the rear cargo area would be nice but I can add them myself if I decide I need them.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: 10K on the JK
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 04:13:09 PM »
If only they made a 5 gallon fuel conveyance that Jeep people would like.  :P
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
If only they made a 5 gallon fuel conveyance that Jeep people would like.  :P

If I ever decide to get seriously off the beaten path I'll add a jerry can carrier.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 10:48:33 AM »
10,000 miles in about a year is pretty good.  Is that your primary vehicle?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

I'm doing about 15k/year on our minivan (135k miles), 12k/year on my Focus (41k miles), and 2k/year on my 4Runner (211k miles).  I wish I only did 10k/year on my daily drivers.

Chris

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »

It's my daily driver. But, my round trip commute to work is only a whopping 4 miles.
My wife probably does closer to 15K a year in our Ram 1500, I still don't know where she goes to do that though, she works from home.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »
38k on the state issued work mobile. 5k on my personal ehicle, must of that was in my move to a different town in Jan.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:34:29 AM »
Nice pic of the jeep!

On the thread veer....my daily driver will probably see about 10k a year.  Well, except for using it on trips etc might take the mileage up more.
We're talking about renting a camper over spring break and hauling it to Florida for that week, I mean that'll be like 1800 miles on it in a week.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
Good to see you're getting your jeep into jeep territory RKL! :)

On mileage, when I was still working I was doing around 25k/yr, much of it because I was driving from the coast to here for my rentals at least once a month. Probably close to 30k/yr the last years while my mom was sick. I have my trucks as a business vehicle on my taxes though, so the majority of the miles and fuel, plus maintenance and depreciation all get deducted, so mileage for that was inconsequential.

Mileage now is a lot less. If I was just doing around town stuff, I don't think I'd put more than 7k/yr between both vehicles. Given the multi-state road trips and fishing trips though, I think I'm around 17k/yr.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."