Author Topic: Texas cheerleader poses in dozens of photos alongside the rare animals she hunts  (Read 3293 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675807/Animal-lover-outrage-blonde-Texas-cheerleader-smiles-dozens-photos-alongside-rare-big-game-hunts-African-safaris.html
Not that I care for Texas Tech much, but I thought this was an interesting story.  

Actually, I heard mention on the radio about animal rights people complaining about a big game hunting cheerleader posing with a lion and had to find the link.   =D  anyone would have been curious.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:52:43 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ Link unrelated to this thread?  (Or am I missing something?)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Yup, wrong link.....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
Link fixed.  Sorry about that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675807/Animal-lover-outrage-blonde-Texas-cheerleader-smiles-dozens-photos-alongside-rare-big-game-hunts-African-safaris.html
The leopard hug is neat.  I think the one of her riding the lion is the one I heard mentioned on the radio.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
If something is not illegal, it's legal. Methinks her critics don't have a clue how conservation really works.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
If something is not illegal, it's legal. Methinks her critics don't have a clue how conservation really works.

Truth.  Or how much hunters contribute to the conservation system in this country through hunting licenses.  Or in other countries even. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
If she shot that male Lion with that bow, she's braver than I.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
If she shot that male Lion with that bow, she's braver than I.

From what I've read, there is a PH standing back there with a BIG rifle to provide backup if his meal ticket misses.

Still and all, That's a lot closer than I'd want to get without a moat equipped with many strands of electrified "Oh no you don't!" wire along the top.

Between what the licenses, safari, and hired help costs and putting meat in the village cook pot, I'd say those misplaced PETA-ers"conservationists" are whinging about the wrong stuff.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The first comment that popped up when I went to the link started with, "Don't they have supermarkets in the US?" Oh the Idiocracy...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
despite what the Enviros want to believe, African mammals, especially the rareish ones, are a carefully, and most often expertly managed renewable resource (at least in Southern Africa). She must come from some serious money because the tickets for those animals are in the tens of thousands of dollars. Which in turn do a huge favor to local economies.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
The big kitty lived in a small fenced livestock paddock the day before he was released into the large fenced hunting paddock. Simba was bred to be hunted. The farms have cubs that you can feed and play with that are raised to adults and later hunted.

circle of money
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Kingcreek

• friend
With some idea of how big a pile of money she spent on her trophies, those whacko animal righteous protectors should beg her to hunt more.
The comments are stupid and naïve but about what I expected.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
The morning newz show mentioned that some of the animals she posed with were not even dead. They were tranked for research purposes.

Kid spends mucho bucks that ultimatly get pumped back into bth conservation and the local community where she hunts (which is hell of a lot more then most Americans contribute to Africa) and participates in a legal sport, plus she directly helps with continued preservation and research for these animals?
I hope she keeps hunting and taking pictures and posting them all over the internet so the oh-so-offended have a perminate twist in their panties.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
A guy talked our gun club meeting a few years back talking about hunting in Africa.  He said you could do it for as little as $6000.  Of course, that is likely not lions, rhinos, and elephants, but I guess it depends on what your priorities are.  It isn't that much money if have some extra income and save up for it.  That is probably just the intro cost though.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
A guy talked our gun club meeting a few years back talking about hunting in Africa.  He said you could do it for as little as $6000.  Of course, that is likely not lions, rhinos, and elephants, but I guess it depends on what your priorities are.  It isn't that much money if have some extra income and save up for it.  That is probably just the intro cost though.

My Uncle went last summer (winter there) and six animals (plains non dangerous) including all expenses (airfare etc) was around $12k. I was invited to go, but I didn't have 12k laying around.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
Lion hunts are expensive . . . elephant and rhino more so. Leopard and Cape buffalo can be cheap by comparison. Young lady must have a sugar daddy (hopefully, her real daddy) to pay for all that African hunting.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
Is this the one where the people were whining because she was smiling next to the lion she killed?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
I hope that my daughter has similar photos when she's a teenager.

Which means, I guess, I need to start hunting
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
I hope that my daughter has similar photos when she's a teenager.

Which means, I guess, I need to start hunting

And saving $$.  Lots of $$.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
And saving $$.  Lots of $$.

Wouldn't photo shop be cheaper? :laugh:
jeff w

I like onions!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Is this the one where the people were whining because she was smiling next to the lion she killed?

Among other really crappy stuff people were saying.

I'm not a trophy hunter. I like to hunt stuff I will eat. What she's doing though, is pumping a ton of money into local economies so poor, that the leftist whiners simply have no idea. Even discounting the necessity of hunting to keep the ecosystem in those areas balanced (and it shouldn't be discounted), the money going into the local economies, and the food provided to people who are REALLY poor (versus U.S. poor), that probably wonder where tomorrow's meal is coming from,  what irritates me most is that the whiners are all "do nothings". They will whine, make death threats to a young girl, etc., but none of them will offer to write a $10,000 check to those same local economies in lieu of paying to hunt there. Put your freakin money where your mouth is aholes! (I'm typing drunk and slightly irritated at stupid people).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Lion hunts are expensive . . . elephant and rhino more so. Leopard and Cape buffalo can be cheap by comparison. Young lady must have a sugar daddy (hopefully, her real daddy) to pay for all that African hunting.

If you want to see what prices are check out the page of the PH my uncle used.  http://www.ngwarati.co.za/

Cape Buffalo are expensive also.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
If you want to see what prices are check out the page of the PH my uncle used.  http://www.ngwarati.co.za/

Cape Buffalo are expensive also.

Yea,anytime a price is P.O.R.,it's expensive.
jeff w

I like onions!

MechAg94

• friend
I finally got around to looking at some of the comments.  Funny how the "be nice to the animals crowd" is so quick to be very cruel to humans.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
I finally got around to looking at some of the comments.  Funny how the "be nice to the animals crowd" is so quick to be very cruel to humans.

Because people are not animals, at least in their line of "thinking".
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.