Author Topic: UTah brutality, lets see how you guys feel  (Read 5647 times)

thorn

• friend
UTah brutality, lets see how you guys feel
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »
Winston , what the heck, it's taking you this long? do you forget your namesake?

this was the same as if they busted up any other permitted, musical event. or pick-up sports game, or organi sporting event..,...

this could be done to anyone. of course, this kind of thing, really- UT is a bit of a crazy place for sure.
im not super worried about it here, but then again, parties up in north Cali., the cops have done shady stuff before this could happen

Otherguy Overby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 08:28:37 AM »
Sheesh, cops outta control?

It's been going on for years.  I recall being a kid in San Diego in the later 60s.  A teenager generally couldn't walk more than a block or two there without being put up against the wall and questioned and often searched by the SDPD.

They invented felony skateboarding there, too, I think.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

thorn

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 11:23:37 AM »
>>>I recall being a kid in San Diego in the later 60s.  A teenager generally couldn't walk more than a block or two there without being put up against the wall and questioned and often searched by the SDPD.
<<<<

true, i have been cuffed and searched in SF for walking thru a park.

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 12:11:13 PM »
Quote from: griz
Please dont get the impression that Im trying to defend excessive force here. If thats what happened then it was wrong and the police should be disciplined. But look at the bright side. If the police were as brutal as you say, and the people putting on the show did have the permits required, then just think of the party they can put on with the proceeds from the lawsuit.
The thing is, if the police went in tear gassing and skull cracking, and it was all ruled to be excessive force, the police will be suspended without pay, for a while.  Meanwhile, the people that got injured will get some money, NOT from the officers that injured them, instead from the taxpayers. Sad

Onto the drugs.  I do not like the drug rules.  I could care less if the guy next to me is on crack, as long as he isn't bothering me.  But until the laws are changed and allow it, I'm not going to have any sympathy for him getting arrested.
Then feel sorry for yourself, considering that you, the taxpayer, are the one paying for this "operation" which probably cost fifty thousand dollars, then an additional several hundered thousand for the cost of prosecuting and incarcerating a bunch of utah community college students who were probably caught with a dime bag of pot.

hurray for the war on drugs... so effective.

atek3