Author Topic: The Ruling Class: Don't know history, don't care  (Read 1350 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
The Ruling Class: Don't know history, don't care
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/peace-in-our-time-dem-echoes-chamberlain-in-endorsing-iran-deal/article/2571165

...he explained his backing of Obama's Iran deal by saying, "This debate has proven to me that America and Israel are fortunate to have so many passionate, diverse voices who all want the same things: a nuclear-free Iran, a secure Israel, and peace in our time. In the interest of all three, I will be supporting this deal and voting against a Resolution of Disapproval in September."

That he could say those words in support of a treaty is astonishing. Well, no, unfortunately, I'm not all that surprised. We have the worst "elites" in the nation's history. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Ruling Class: Don't know history, don't care
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »
Where is that cartoon I see posted here sometimes.  "Those that do know history are doomed to sit on the sidelines helplessly while those that do not know history repeat it."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:18:05 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/peace-in-our-time-dem-echoes-chamberlain-in-endorsing-iran-deal/article/2571165

That he could say those words in support of a treaty is astonishing. Well, no, unfortunately, I'm not all that surprised. We have the worst "elites" in the nation's history. 

The Overton Window is quickly moving to the time where WWII history is part of "Eurocentric/White History" and to be eschewed by mainstream academia.  I'd say we've already had about 30 years time where mainstream media thinking on the Pacific theater is more about the "horror of the first atomic bombs" than what led up to them.
I promise not to duck.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
The Overton Window is quickly moving to the time where WWII history is part of "Eurocentric/White History" and to be eschewed by mainstream academia.  I'd say we've already had about 30 years time where mainstream media thinking on the Pacific theater is more about the "horror of the first atomic bombs" than what led up to them.

So, we'll soon be reading in footnotes about the "Minor Patriarchal Gender Oppression of Nanjing as provoked by the inescapable corruptive influence of Western Industrial Imperialism", if not already? Lovely.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »
So, we'll soon be reading in footnotes about the "Minor Patriarchal Gender Oppression of Nanjing as provoked by the inescapable corruptive influence of Western Industrial Imperialism", if not already? Lovely.

Why not? That's pretty much what the Japanese are taught now, because MacArthur didn't have the stones to rub their noses in it like we did the Germans, for fear of everyone going seppuku/banzai with bamboo spears.
I promise not to duck.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 10:42:04 AM »
Recent ancient history...

Even today, youngsters are somewhat amazed when they find out that most of my uncles, my father, and some of my older cousins actually participated in World War II.

They seem to think that it was all ancient history.

If I mention that I remember the New York City blackouts because of our shipping being sunk right off New York's shores, they are stunned.

And if I mention the unbelievable Japanese atrocities, guess what?  

They don't believe me.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

Sucking up to your Prof to get an "A" I see.....

:P :P :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »

They don't believe me.

Well, duh!

So tell them some believable Japanese atrocities, and maybe they'll believe you ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »

From 230RN

They don't believe me.

Well, duh!

So tell them some believable Japanese atrocities, and maybe they'll believe you ...

I'm glad someone noticed the irony in that.

Believe it or not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-3503.html

Someone already touched briefly on The Rape of Nanking:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

Besides Wiki, these are documented in many independent sources.  

Apart from the fact that the Japanese specifically were involved in this kind of thing, I use these as examples of man's inhumanity to man in general.  From what I can gather, no race or culture is totally innocent of human atrocities.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:22:53 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 07:45:24 PM »
Sucking up to your Prof to get an "A" I see.....

:P :P :P

I figure my return to graduate academia (as a student) would last about 15 minutes, 20 if you count the dispatch lag for the kampus kops...

:P
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch