Author Topic: Eric Holder just said what he intends in regards to gun laws.  (Read 7378 times)

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Eric Holder just said what he intends in regards to gun laws.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 09:25:39 PM »
Went by Sportmans Warehouse last night.

The shelves of ammo and reloading supplies were bare and the "wall o' pistols" was mostly empty.

I'm taking a buddy shopping next week and it'll be interesting to see what's left on the shelves around town.

Sportsman's was just bought out by a Canookian outfit. Their bare shelves may have more to do with financing to buy stock than a shortage of stock from suppliers.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 11:24:22 PM »
Or a convergence of the two.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »
I went out to Wal-mart in Duarte, So Cal, last Saturday looking for Winchester target ammo.  Just about everything was sold out in every popular caliber.  Draw your own conclusions.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 12:59:36 AM »
I went out to Wal-mart in Duarte, So Cal, last Saturday looking for Winchester target ammo.  Just about everything was sold out in every popular caliber.  Draw your own conclusions.

Well, I can't. Because they're not sold out here at all. So I'm going to assume a supply bottleneck somewhere, really.

Because this is a very pro-2A state, and if Wal-Mart is still full of WWB charcoal and UMC flashbulb, it's not a panic buy everywhere. The gun stores still have plenty as well. Rileys was fully stocked, and I just got two more battlepacks of Port .308 at the Firing Line range nearby. It was $90 a pack, which is high, but still cheaper than anywhere online, which is 50 cents a round or more for that. They also had about ten spam cans of 7.62x39 on the floor there, but it was that Hot Shot stuff from Century that I won't touch, lovely combination of filth and lack of any accuracy at all. They had cases of Golden Tiger as well, but I like spam cans for storage.

So I don't know. Either there's a supply hitch, perhaps due to the giant -50 sno-cone across half the country, or NH is in its own pocket universe as regards panic buying. No idea. =)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:06:58 AM by Manedwolf »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »
Well, I can't. Because they're not sold out here at all. So I'm going to assume a supply bottleneck somewhere, really.

In the past week I've been to stores from Indiana to North Carolina.  Everyone is virtually sold out of ammo
(as well as many hicap guns and magazines).  Except for you, I haven't heard of anyone who's locality has anything in stock.  Even the major nationwide mailorder houses like Midway have really spotty availability.

Don't kid yourself, it isn't a supply bottleneck and it isn't a localized problem.  If your local source is fully stocked then count your blessings.  Don't count on it staying that way for long.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 08:37:21 AM »
Went to a Wal-Mart in NW Austin this past weekend. Same thing there - no .223, no 9mm, no .45 . . . just stuff like .380, .30/30, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:43 AM »
Went by Sportmans Warehouse last night.

The shelves of ammo and reloading supplies were bare and the "wall o' pistols" was mostly empty.

I'm taking a buddy shopping next week and it'll be interesting to see what's left on the shelves around town.

Well matt, I have 225,000 rounds of .223 incoming, so that shelf wont be bare =D

WildstockingupAlaska TM
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »
Well matt, I have 225,000 rounds of .223 incoming, so that shelf wont be bare =D

WildstockingupAlaska TM

I hope it's a sturdy shelf.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 10:14:19 AM »

WildstockingupAlaska TM

Is that AAA fodder for mosquitoes up there? =D

AZRedhawkwhatdoesanalaskanuse.223for?44
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
Mtnbkr and I just got an order of 500 rounds of .223 from Georgia Arms.

Took them nealry 2 months to fill it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 10:47:29 AM »
I will admit that I am changing my practices somewhat. I'm keeping the "good stuff" that I might once have used put away in case one can no longer purchase it. For 5.56, the stuff like 90's Radway Green SS109 on strippers in bandoliers in cans, clean and hot Guat 193 in battlepacks, and boxed IMI (not the floor-sweeping surplus out there now), which I've found to be very accurate. That, I'd save for competitions of accuracy, or emergencies. I'd rather buy and use plain Prvi now.

BTW, for anyone looking for that caliber, do not, repeat, do not order the IMI surplus that's appearing from places like R Guns right now. It's like what they found on the warehouse of rejects, and people have found that some rounds don't even have powder, just a primer. That could be downright fatal if you didn't catch it. :|
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:52:55 AM by Manedwolf »

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 04:51:37 AM »

WildstockingupAlaska TM

Ken,

Here's a no BS request from a buddy.

He wants a Mini-14 (I didn't say a smart buddy), a pile of mags, and about 1,000 rounds of .223.

Unfortunately he is still stuck on the idea that a Mini-14 will go for a couple hundy.  I have been unable to convince him he doesn't really want a Ruger anyway.

I'll be out pricing next week.  I also have a (different) buddy looking for a handgun (end of year bonus money) so I may have him with me.

Feel free to email or PM me if you have any options on the Ruger.

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."