Author Topic: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run  (Read 7333 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Christie-president-Romney-Perry/2011/09/23/id/412133

Christie suggested to an audience at New Jersey's Rider University that the current GOP candidates are not answering the public's appetite for real leadership.

"I think what the country is thirsting for, more than anything else right now, is someone of stature and credibility to tell them that and say, 'Here's where I want us to go to deal with this crisis,'" Christie said.

This race could get really interesting......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

longeyes

• friend
Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
Weak on illegal immigration, Islamism, gun rights.  That's for starters.  With autocratic tendencies.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:22 PM »
I've heard him described as a louder, fatter Romney. And if he got elected in NJ he can't be all that conservative.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »
I've heard him described as a louder, fatter Romney. And if he got elected  in NJ governor he can't be all that conservative.

Fixed.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »
I like Chris Christie....right where he is.

He's good at tackling a big problem in his local, but do I want him anywhere near DC? Hell no
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »
 :facepalm:

He plays well on TV for telling obnoxious people to shut the hell up, and for not pandering.  But like others have said....neo-conservative at best. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
Looks like the elites are flooding the zone with their candidates.  Romney and Perry are exposing their own warts so it appears the solution is to float another candidate acceptable to the establishment.  Add Huntsman and another no name I can't remember and something like 1/2 of the candidates are beholden to establishment sources.

All of which makes me wonder if TEA attitudes are so deeply entrenched in the great unwashed that our elite masters are getting a little concerned.  Hence the efforts at throwing everything up against the wall hoping something will stick.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »
That could be a good thing. Maybe he would take away enough votes from the top two that the second-tier candidates would have a chance.

Coulter's a big fan of Christie, FWIW.

:facepalm:

He plays well on TV for telling obnoxious people to shut the hell up, and for not pandering.  But like others have said....neo-conservative at best. 
This.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »
This election is not just about smaller government, it's about representative government.  That means, in some form, populism.  When all is said and done the legitimacy of the next election and the next President will depend on whether enough Americans are sufficiently engaged and involved in the process.  Americans are waking up, tired of being bystanders in their own country while the few orchestrate their future for them.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 06:59:28 PM »
Herman Cain just took the Florida straw poll, easily.  I hope Romney and Perry are paying close attention.  This is not going to be just another Election.  This one is for keeps; this one is about a truly representative government.  What a concept!
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
Herman Cain just took the Florida straw poll, easily. 

Does that mean we can start shredding his conservative credentials, like we do with the other front-runners?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
Herman Cain just took the Florida straw poll, easily.  I hope Romney and Perry are paying close attention.  This is not going to be just another Election.  This one is for keeps; this one is about a truly representative government.  What a concept!

Well duh, obviously he's got a legion of dirty followers messing up the straw poll process!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
Well duh, obviously he's got a legion of dirty followers messing up the straw poll process!

Just like those dirty Ron Paul luddites skewed the poll over in this other thread! How can we get "correct" polling data when people keep voting for those not properly anointed by the system!?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
Does that mean we can start shredding his conservative credentials, like we do with the other front-runners?

;/

If we had a front runner that was a half way decent candidate that wouldn't be such an issue now would it...

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »
;/

If we had a front runner that was a half way decent candidate that wouldn't be such an issue now would it...

No disagreement here.  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
And the presumption is that we can get a "half-way decent candidate" in the current system and in this culture?

I'd like to believe that enough Americans would recognize a really good representative, but I admit to having serious doubts.

The heart of the matter is not whom we elect but how we can stop those in power--within government and without--from misusing that power.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:24:49 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 09:33:44 PM »
I would like to go on the record with having invented the word/term 'Meh.'

Its original meaning: Mental Exertion Hurts; a handy utterance of dismissal either asserting the subject matter doesn't warrant any thought or simply isn't going to get it.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »

Its original meaning: Mental Exertion Hurts; a handy utterance of dismissal either asserting the subject matter doesn't warrant any thought or simply isn't going to get it.

I like the way you "Meh"......  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:55 PM »
Or perhaps the illusion of thinking you've said something profound by not saying anything...?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
;/

BS.  It doesn't matter who it is.  They will got torn up by someone.  There are far too many Republicans/Conservative Independents that so used to playing underdog they can't help but tear into the leader. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
BS.  It doesn't matter who it is.  They will got torn up by someone.  There are far too many Republicans/Conservative Independents that so used to playing underdog they can't help but tear into the leader. 

Tear them for what? If you don't give Obama the example for Obamacare, or use an executive order to mandate heakthcare choices, or think people who don't want to fund illegals going to college are heartless, or (going back a bit) do things like create the TSA and expand Medicare part D then what are conservatives going to rip you on?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »
Perhaps it's just time to recognize that we are no longer anywhere near being one viable political entity.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
Perhaps it's just time to recognize that we are no longer anywhere near being one viable political entity.

Oh it's plenty viable.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:26 PM »
You, in Israel, would know, of course.

If Obama is re-elected you will get the shock of your life, I suspect.  But I also suspect you will have a lot more to worry about in Israel than our indivisibility.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.