Author Topic: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run  (Read 7334 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
Did anyone else barf in thier mouth when that lady begged CC to run?   [barf]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
You, in Israel, would know, of course.

If Obama is re-elected you will get the shock of your life, I suspect.  But I also suspect you will have a lot more to worry about in Israel than our indivisibility.

In what specific form will this shock come?

Can you, with your great wisdom, predict specific events that will occur in the next  Presidential term, so we can come back to this thread 6 years later and say "Here, longeyes was wrong" or "longeyes was right"?

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:12 PM »
Let's not play that game.  You know the specifics as well as I do.  The Tea Party is not about small government, it is, perhaps without knowing it yet, about emancipation.  Right now the America people are bystanders in their own country--and they have been for many years.  Is that their own fault?  In part it is.  Too many people don't care enough, won't do their homework, rationalize their acts of dishonor.

The problem is that what America was and was all about is being systematically dismantled, dishonored, and disgraced.  The primal values of our Founding are every day attacked or ignored.  Our economic policies serve the few at the expense of the many--and by the many I mean honest, hard-working citizens.  We have grown childish and lust for eternal escapism; liberty, except sexual, is no longer worth the trouble to millions of our citizens, assuming they even understand the concept politically defined.

Specifics, you ask...  Start with this: It will take only one stupid decision by SCOTUS--this one or the one packed by an Obama in a second term--to permanently destroy the rule of law in America.  Maybe that ruling will affect the Second Amendment, the Commerce Clause, or illegal immigration, but it will make
America ungovernable and frangible. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
This means nothing. You can pick out any SCOTUS decision you disagree with and claim it 'undermines rule of law' and indeed people do it a lot.

You have faced criticism on these forums before for making vague statements on various issues. Please state specifics so you can be proven right or wrong.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »
I have to agree with Micro here.

Any horoscope can predict things the way you're couching things, Longeyes. Give us something concrete.

"An Obama-packed SCOTUS, ruling on gay marriage, will completely undermine the institution of marriage, resulting in an increase in out of wedlock births", as an example.

And I humbly ask the mods to banshwerk anybody who turns this into a "gay marriage debate". I grabbed that as an over the top example, as I've heard no rumor of such a case in the courts at this time.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 02:06:14 AM »
There is nothing at all "vague" about what I said, and your proclaiming it so doesn't make it so.  I don't think you really comprehend the difference between general and vague.

As for The Law, which is just one corner of the problem..  It is not about one specific SCOTUS decision, it is about an accumulation of decisions at various court levels that have sown seeds of public disaffection over time, a sense that the courts no longer defend liberty and justice as they once did; that they have become politicized as deeply as academia, the media, entertainment.  That the Heller decision came down 5-4 exemplifies the state of the judiciary in America in 2011.  We won, but oh so barely and only in part.

Perhaps you believe that asserting, in disagreement with me, that our polity is "plenty viable" is some kind of brilliant masterstroke full of detail and nuance?  I see gobs of existential problems in our culture--which I fervently hope aren't terminal--and you don't.  Good for you, but emotion doesn't make an argument.  

You have your beliefs and opinions, I have mine.  I'm not dealing in horoscopes or haruspicy, just offering intimations of what might lie ahead as I see them.  I do have some sense of what the people around me here are thinking, feeling, and saying, and I think a rupture point is imminent.  What some other people on this forum think of my posts couldn't matter less to me, frankly.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »
When somebody manages to parse the above into something that makes sense, please let me know?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »
Here's what I think will happen, I don't think it counts as a prediction:

1. Elections will continue in America on a regular basis. The disaffected will continue to claim they are meaningless.
2. It is likely Obama will lose the 2012 election. Even if he wins it, he will proceed not to be anywhere as radical as the right-wing fears he is and the left-wing prays he is, disappointing both sides. Likely he will be forced to sign even more pro-gun bills.
3. The debt crisis in America will end within six years.
4. America will continue for the foreseeable future as it is - a generally-free Republic with certain elements of a welfare state. The freedom movement will advance its goals at the same turtle-pace it's been moving on in the past three decade.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »
3. The debt crisis in America will end within six years.
;/  Really?  That'll make the 6:00PM news.....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
;/  Really?  That'll make the 6:00PM news.....

By this I do not mean that the government will repay its debt, but that economic growth will speed up, unemployment will start dropping, etc.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
By this I do not mean that the government will repay its debt, but that economic growth will speed up, unemployment will start dropping, etc.

That'll make the 10:00PM news .... [tinfoil]

I hope we start doing better economically, but I rather doubt it will happen....atleast not while the current occupant of the white house remains there.   >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
There is nothing at all "vague" about what I said, and your proclaiming it so doesn't make it so.  I don't think you really comprehend the difference between general and vague.

As for The Law, which is just one corner of the problem..  It is not about one specific SCOTUS decision, it is about an accumulation of decisions at various court levels that have sown seeds of public disaffection over time, a sense that the courts no longer defend liberty and justice as they once did; that they have become politicized as deeply as academia, the media, entertainment.  That the Heller decision came down 5-4 exemplifies the state of the judiciary in America in 2011.  We won, but oh so barely and only in part.

Perhaps you believe that asserting, in disagreement with me, that our polity is "plenty viable" is some kind of brilliant masterstroke full of detail and nuance?  I see gobs of existential problems in our culture--which I fervently hope aren't terminal--and you don't.  Good for you, but emotion doesn't make an argument.  

You have your beliefs and opinions, I have mine.  I'm not dealing in horoscopes or haruspicy, just offering intimations of what might lie ahead as I see them.  I do have some sense of what the people around me here are thinking, feeling, and saying, and I think a rupture point is imminent.  What some other people on this forum think of my posts couldn't matter less to me, frankly.

If I lived in LA I might feel the same way. Seriously, maybe if you move somewhere else you'll stop fantasizing about the coming civil war so much...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
When somebody manages to parse the above into something that makes sense, please let me know?

You are a funny fellow.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
If I lived in LA I might feel the same way. Seriously, maybe if you move somewhere else you'll stop fantasizing about the coming civil war so much...

What is remarkable is that you haven't noticed that we've been in a state of civil war for a long, long time.  If your allegation is that I somehow "get off" on imagining division that doesn't exist, you are dead wrong.  I only comment on what I observe and triangulate forward.  The Left has been waging war, on a number of levels, with the forces of Liberty for many decades, and it is the failure of our side to take this seriously enough that has driven this nation to the brink financially and gifted us with a wanna-be Mussolini in the White House. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.