Author Topic: High court: warrant needed for GPS tracking  (Read 7366 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: High court: warrant needed for GPS tracking
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »
Great! Now that that's settled all we need is to declare the Federal "War" on drugs unconstitutional as well as all actions associated with it, repeal the Patriot Act, repeal subsection 1021 of the 2012 NDAA, block bills like SOPA and PIPA from passing, kill the TSA and DHS, fix or eliminate our broken Ponzi scheme entitlement programs, close down at least half of the 900 military bases in most of the 148 foreign countries we currently have troops in, get out of the current wars the American people have no interest in fighting, tell the Military-Industrial complex to shove it on future wars-for-profit, secure our borders, gain energy independence, place bailout banksters and politicians on trial, regain monetary sovereignty, replace the Federal Reserve notes with debt-free money, revoke the Federal Reserve's charter all together, completely reform the tax code, get rid of at least 90% of the bureaucracy and redundant regulations that stifle entrepreneurs, return manufacturing to US soil, create a more transparent electoral system, format Government and reinstall the Constitution.

Edit: oh *expletive deleted*, the welfare programs...

Don't forget NFA'34 & GCA'68......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 10:20:11 PM »
Don't get too excited. You know what they say, if it seems too good to be true... www.scotusblog.com/2012/01/reactions-to-jones-v-united-states-the-government-fared-much-better-than-everyone-realizes/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Just as a side note... after talking to people "in my age group" about the economy and job market, I'm not convinced you'd be able to FILL those manufacturing jobs with Americans.

There seems to be this pervasive attitude that manual labor, manufacturing, and service jobs are "beneath" them.  A friend and I were discussing what we would do if we suddenly lost our contracts.

My answer was "go to one of those websites with all the South Texas /Dakota/wherever oil field jobs and carry heavy things for money until I could get another IT job."

His answer was unemployment and food stamps :-(

I think my answer would be very similar to yours fitz, the nice thing is, due to our generation being a bunch of wimps, those "carry heavy things" jobs actually pay more than they used to :)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »
A lot of those jobs aren't as "unskilled" as you might think...

Try getting a job in a coal mine these days.  The mine here doesn't accept applications from anyone without previous underground experience, except for some technical jobs like electrician, etc.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
A lot of those jobs aren't as "unskilled" as you might think...

Try getting a job in a coal mine these days.  The mine here doesn't accept applications from anyone without previous underground experience, except for some technical jobs like electrician, etc.

and you can pull real money  6 figures if you hustle and are willing
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »

My answer was "go to one of those websites with all the South Texas /Dakota/wherever oil field jobs and carry heavy things for money until I could get another IT job."

His answer was unemployment and food stamps :-(

I'm getting a little old for that and have a bad back (which hasn't given me any problems in almost a year; hope I didn't just jinx it.)  I tell people I'll get a job driving a garbage truck.  No hope that I'll ever get back into IT even tho' I'm a top performer at a prestigious big computer company -- too old.  But that's OK, I'll be like the garbageman in the Dilbert cartoons :) 
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »
and you can pull real money  6 figures if you hustle and are willing

Not me - too old, and bad knees and back.

I worked construction again part time for a while 2009-10 and it about killed me.  =(

But I do pretty good arranging Zeroes and Ones, when the work is available.  =)

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
Gee, the Supreme Court does something right.  Some people are concerned about "Big Brother" and GPS tracking is among the core issues of that concern.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)