Author Topic: McCain's Apocalypse  (Read 7359 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: McCain's Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 07:18:15 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
One FaceBook friend praised MN Senator Amy Klobuchar (D) for donating her pay to the NIH during the shutdown, since their funding would be reduced. I suggested that, had the Senate actually done their required duty, and passed a budget (as outlined in the Constitution), the shutdown could have been avoided. But, I also said, then she wouldn't look like such a hero.

Bastages!

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
One FaceBook friend praised MN Senator Amy Klobuchar (D) for donating her pay to the NIH during the shutdown, since their funding would be reduced.
jb

Gee, does that mean she'll have to live off the millions (if she's like a good portion of the rest of the senators) she made from insider trading?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
"McCain's Apocalypse" would be a great book title.
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
Apparently Obama doesn't understand how unions work.

http://www.caintv.com/obama-imagine-if-workers-could

Way to piss off your base and demonstrate that you shouldn't be in charge of any sharp objects.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
Meanwhile he's bending over backwards to work with Republicans while refusing to negotiate with them.*

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/obama-i-have-bent-over-backwards-to-work-with-the-republican-party/

*That's some of the best doublespeak/doublethink there is !!

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
Apparently Obama doesn't understand how unions work.

http://www.caintv.com/obama-imagine-if-workers-could

Way to piss off your base and demonstrate that you shouldn't be in charge of any sharp objects.
Guess whoever forgot to pack the teleprompter is about to get destimulated
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
The barrycades in Yellowstone are being torn down and thrown in the ditch by the rightfull owners of the park ...Americans, who are continuing into the park.

My son went into a ranger station in northern Michigan a couple days ago to get some plat maps for the area for deer hunting.  The rangers were getting ready to lock the doors.  They were pissed and putting the maps outside on the ground.  They also told my son they couldn't go into the Manistee Forest to hunt because the government was shut down.  My son laughed at them and asked them, since they were furloughed, who was going to enforce them hunting on the several thousand acres of federal forest that belong to the people, not the federal government.  Michigan DNR won't as they've got enough on their hands in the state forest. ha ha ha ha ha ha......
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
The barrycades in Yellowstone are being torn down and thrown in the ditch by the rightfull owners of the park ...Americans, who are continuing into the park.

My son went into a ranger station in northern Michigan a couple days ago to get some plat maps for the area for deer hunting.  The rangers were getting ready to lock the doors.  They were pissed and putting the maps outside on the ground.  They also told my son they couldn't go into the Manistee Forest to hunt because the government was shut down.  My son laughed at them and asked them, since they were furloughed, who was going to enforce them hunting on the several thousand acres of federal forest that belong to the people, not the federal government.  Michigan DNR won't as they've got enough on their hands in the state forest. ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Beautiful.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131003/SPORTS0203/310030087/

U.S. military academy football teams will play this weekend, despite the government shutdown.

A senior defense official said Wednesday the decision affects this weekend’s games only, and future games will be evaluated as events unfold. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly so spoke on condition of anonymity.

Navy later confirmed its home game against Air Force in Annapolis, Md., would be played as scheduled Saturday. The game is sold out and is the most notable one on the Midshipmen’s home schedule. The Army-Navy game at the end of the season is played at a neutral site.

The Navy-AFA game and Army’s game at Boston College were in jeopardy after the Defense Department temporarily suspended sports competition at the service academies as a result of the budget impasse in Congress.

The football teams will be allowed to play because the games are paid for with non-appropriated funds, and have been long planned. Non-appropriated funds generally come from outside sources and are not approved through Congress.

He said the athletic department had provided information to Pentagon officials to assure them that no government funds will be spent on any aspect of the game. Gladchuk said a Navy home game brings in about $4 million from tickets, sponsorship, television and radio rights fees and other revenues such as parking and concessions. The game essentially pays for itself, he said.

Which is chump change when compared to an NFL game, but still ....

Sorry that your world will not come to an end, afterall.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »
If the start messing with FOOTBALL!!! it might wake up some of the sleeping masses.

I don't see much else getting the attention of the general public.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams