Author Topic: Urination Goes to Committee  (Read 2732 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Urination Goes to Committee
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1474158.ece

Urination will go to committee
A local decision that schoolboys must sit on toilet seats when urinating has provoked political debate.

The head of The Democrats Party, a splinter group of former Progress Party hardliners, Vidar Kleppe, is outraged that boys at Dvergsnes School in Kristiansand have to sit and pee.

Kleppe accuses the school of fiddling with God's work, and wants the matter discussed at the executive committee level of the local council, newspaper Dagbladet reports.

"When boys are not allowed to pee in the natural way, the way boys have done for generations, it is meddling with God's work," Kleppe told the newspaper.

"It is a human right not to have to sit down like a girl," Kleppe said.

Principal Anne Lise Gjul at Dvergsnes School would not comment on Kleppe's plans to make political waves and regretted if anyone was offended by the ban on standing and passing water.

Gjul told NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting) that the young boys are simply not good enough at aiming, and the point was to have a pleasant toilet that could be used by both boys and girls.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. If you're ("you" in he general sense, not BenW) too much of an inept moron to hit the freaking water and keep it there, well, you're going to have to take the extra two seconds and drop trou and sit down, you crosseyed, urine-trajectory-challenged slackwit.

~GnSx

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:44:53 PM »
I heard that on the radio.  My first thought was if they pass it, who will be the enforcer?  And I thought my job was bad shocked
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:50:15 PM »
The pussification continues.....

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 04:03:54 PM »
too much of an inept moron to hit the freaking water
Well, I can't disagree with that. In the restrooms at my work, half the guys apparently think they're John Holmes and can pee from five feet out. Nothing like tip-toeing past pools of urine to get my little winky close enough to the stall to actually get it "in the basket" so to speak. Tongue
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
Well, sure..because the worst thing possible is that a male behave in any way vaguely like a female. The world will end and you'll all become homos.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 04:26:24 PM »
Quote from: Barbara
Well, sure..because the worst thing possible is that a male behave in any way vaguely like a female. The world will end and you'll all become homos.
uhhhhhhh...

Isn't that the goal of radical feminists everywhere? Wink
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 05:37:23 PM »
Quote from: garyk/nm
The pussification continues.....
A) this is in Norway.

B) Making children sit down to pee so they dont mess up the bathroom is not pussification.

C) The idea is to be able to have a cooed bathroom with enough stalls for everyone. Being secure enough to share a bathroom with the ladies is a lot more manly than running and hiding from icky/scary girls.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »
One hopes that Bloomberg creature in New York doesn't hear of this.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 07:00:41 PM »
Just have a vivid mental image of the protestors against this bill:

THIS IS WHERE WE MAKE OUR FINAL STAND, BOYS!!, but they're not readying their Winchesters.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »
how do you know what they name their primary weapon bubba? lol

And I think they are just pissed off we can write our name in the snow and we cant
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 07:33:16 PM »
Hmmmm...  I can see some sanitary logic in this aside from keeping the facilities clean.  When one stands to urinate, no matter how accurate the aim the urine stream creates a cloud of small droplets that impact on ones person unless one stands so far away from the receptacle that aim is problematic at best.

Of course, I suppose that some men like walking about in urine splattered clothing.  I am not one of them.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Maser

• friend
    • The Teen Guns Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 08:31:38 PM »
WOW!! And I thought my school had some pretty lame rules.  I know that if that rule was enforced at the schools around here the students would rather piss in their pants rather than sit on them nasty toilet seat we got at my school.
Why must life be so hard? Why must I cry? Why must I be so wrong? Why must I die?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 09:49:42 PM »
Geez, the solution is so simple. Toss a couple two three cheerios in the bowl to give them something to aim at. Believe it or not, it works. Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Maser

• friend
    • The Teen Guns Forum
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 10:14:31 PM »
Quote from: 280plus
Geez, the solution is so simple. Toss a couple two three cheerios in the bowl to give them something to aim at. Believe it or not, it works. Tongue
I heard that there are these little flushable targets that are meant for little boys who are being potty trained so that they do not miss.  Maybe them schools should use those too.
Why must life be so hard? Why must I cry? Why must I be so wrong? Why must I die?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 01:47:55 AM »
LOL...good idea, every time little johnny has to go he's issued a hall pass and a target. Cheesy

auschip

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 03:32:29 AM »
LOL...good idea, every time little johnny has to go he's issued a hall pass and a target. Cheesy
redundant?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »
This belongs in "News of the Weird" . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 08:52:02 AM »
Quote from: auschip
redundant?
Yup.  Just put bulls-eyes on the hall passes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lee

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 09:20:09 AM »
Anyone who's ever had the duty of cleaning bathrooms at a public place KNOWS that the womens restrooms are ALWAYS far worse than the mens...besides how can you strafe the brown submarines without a good sight picture.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 09:26:45 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Quote from: auschip
redundant?
Yup.  Just put bulls-eyes on the hall passes.
Geez you guys are SMART!! Cheesy

Oh, wait a minute, what about a pass for the return trip? I don't imagine the teacher would be all on board with getting a soggy pass back. Tongue

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 01:38:39 PM »
Someone in government just has too much time on their hands...or maybe something else.

99% of the time, I sit on the toilet when I urinate. It's a habit that goes back to my dating days, and has to do with sex, so I can't really explain.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 01:45:13 PM »
Quote from: Monkeyleg
Someone in government just has too much time on their hands...or maybe something else.

99% of the time, I sit on the toilet when I urinate. It's a habit that goes back to my dating days, and has to do with sex, so I can't really explain.
I used to use the shower or bath tub for those situations.  

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »
"I used to use the shower or bath tub for those situations."

Huh?

If you're willing, could you please email me to explain?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »
This thread has really had it.

Oh, wait a minute, what about a pass for the return trip? I don't imagine the teacher would be all on board with getting a soggy pass back. Tongue
You give them back?  My school didn't have em.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife