Author Topic: The Bonus Army, some interesting information.  (Read 533 times)

freakazoid

• friend
The Bonus Army, some interesting information.
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »
Recently for my US History class I was doing some research on the Bonus Army, because our assigned book barely mentions them in one sentence and even then doesn't mention the name given to them; Give Me Liberty!: An American History by the communist Eric Foner, http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2205. But while doing my research I came across this little gem, http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=23227 In it it mentions that it had a few large groups being led by a few different communist leaders who were trying to incite riots, and also quite a few people who weren't even service members. Very interesting read.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: The Bonus Army, some interesting information.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »
 [tinfoil]
That's what they want you to believe...
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: The Bonus Army, some interesting information.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »
[tinfoil]
That's what they want you to believe...
 [tinfoil]

Oh, yeah, the victors and PTB write the story... :)

freakazoid remarked,

"But while doing my research I came across this little gem, http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=23227 "

That little gem should be posted in full:

President Herbert Hoover said,

On the 28th of July last I announced that I had directed the Department of Justice to exhaustively investigate and report in full upon the incidents of the so-called bonus riots of that day in Washington and to present the facts, through sworn witnesses, to the grand jury. I further stated that I should make the Attorney General's report public when received by me.

The investigation has been completed. In giving out the report which shows the character of many of the persons assembled, the incidents and character of the instigators of the this, I wish to state emphatically that the extraordinary proportion of criminal, Communist, and nonveteran elements amongst the marchers as shown by this report, should not be taken to reflect upon the many thousands of honest, law-abiding men who came to Washington with full right of presentation of their views to the Congress. This better element and their leaders acted at all times to restrain crime and violence, but after the adjournment of Congress a large portion of them returned to their homes and gradually these better elements lost control. This report should correct the many misstatements of fact as to this incident with which the country has been flooded.

Details of the report follow.

It has been known for a very long time that the leftist element, and indeed Communism, thrives on unrest and dissatisfaction, which is flogged into vociferous demonstrations to the betterment of "The Cause."  Not to the Nation, not to "you," but to The Cause.

If I'm not mistaken, this kind of thing has been happening fairly recently. If I recall correctly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:38:51 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.