Author Topic: Does anyone else find it odd that Jane Fonda is going to play Nancy Reagan?  (Read 4271 times)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:11:33 PM by Doggy Daddy »
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
A very pinheaded choice for an actress to play Mrs. Reagan. 
Jane should stick to Barbarella. [tinfoil]  It was her most intellectual role. :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
How is this anything other than a calculated publicity stunt that deliberately raises a big middle finger to much of the USA?

It would be like putting David Duke in blackface and having him star as Martin Luther King in a movie about the civil rights movement . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
Now that was funny.   =D
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

mtnbkr

• friend
In all honesty, as she ages, she does kind of look like NR.  She may not be a match politically, but she's probably the closest match physically.

Chris

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
Is this where somebody says something about beauty being only skin deep?   >:D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
You can bet your last moccasin that she'll play up Nancy Reagan's astrology, and make her look like an idiot.

It would be fun to have Ann Coulter play the lead role in a movie biography about Jane Fonda. Talk about payback.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
It would be fun to have Ann Coulter play the lead role in a movie biography about Jane Fonda. Talk about payback.

That would be classic!  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
You can bet your last moccasin that she'll play up Nancy Reagan's astrology, and make her look like an idiot.

Could be worse, Nancy Reagan could have believed in homeopathy
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Could be worse, Nancy Reagan could have believed in homeopathy

And watch them confuse that with homosexuality.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In all honesty, as she ages, she does kind of look like NR.  She may not be a match politically, but she's probably the closest match physically.

Chris

A momento mori moment for Jane.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal

You sick plick! Very nice!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I don't think it's odd. Hollyweirdos love a chance to portray caricaturize people they hate.

It IS particularly galling, given Fonda's history, but you can't expect Hollywood to know that we flyover-Americans have not yet forgotten what, to them, is a funny old story from way back when. How could they know that Americans take all of that ancient history so seriously?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Page Not Found

???
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

RoadKingLarry

• friends

Chris
[/quoteI

I disagree, Nancy was much hotter than commie jane ever was.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
Who's playing Ronald Reagan, Alec Baldwin?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Who's playing Ronald Reagan, Alec Baldwin?

Racist! Morgan Freeman would be perfect.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
Sorry, I forgot, if it's a President or God, that's Morgan Freeman's rightful slot.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
I do my best to not help fill the coffers of those in the news/entertainment industry.

They are a fifth column dedicated to destroying constitutional government.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:37:16 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.