Author Topic: Anti-Semitism Brings Rewards  (Read 1250 times)

HankB

• friend
Anti-Semitism Brings Rewards
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
A few years ago, long time White House correspondent Helen Thomas made a number of controversial remarks about Israel and Jews. (Among other things, she said that Jews needed to "Get the hell out of Palestine" and to go home to Germany and Poland.) It cost her a book deal, speaking engagements, and other gigs.

Well, guess what - she just got a journalism award . . . from the PLO!

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=264561

In the link above, it was reported that Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Executive Committee of the PLO, presented Thomas with the award on behalf of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, who is also head of the PLO.

(Wonder if Jimmy Carter is disappointed that they overlooked him . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: Anti-Semitism Brings Rewards
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:46:55 AM »
She was just a mouthy old biatch who needs to go away.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
 [tinfoil]

Of course the Palestinians love her......... :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »
Look up Semite or Semitic. 
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »
Look up Semite or Semitic. 
That is commonly known is it not?  Anti-semitism is still in common use refering to racist actions against Jews.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
That is commonly known is it not?  Anti-semitism is still in common use refering to racist actions against Jews.

Is it commonly known that "Semitic" describes a number of other ethnic group besides Hebrews? I don't think so. But, yes, "antisemitism" is still considered to mean "anti-Jewish," not "anti-Arab," or what-have-you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »

Is it commonly known that "Semitic" describes a number of other ethnic group besides Hebrews? I don't think so. But, yes, "antisemitism" is still considered to mean "anti-Jewish," not "anti-Arab," or what-have-you.
Well, I have heard it a number of times.  I think it is common knowledge for anyone who actually pays a little attention to the subject.  Beyond that I don't care.

On the OP, that lady was a idiot and I was always surprised that administrations put up with her. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge