Author Topic: Democratic response to the State of the Union address...  (Read 2577 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Democratic response to the State of the Union address...
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »
Tim Kaine of Virginia delivered it...

Essentially, one overriding message...

Government is there to help you, to make your life better, to take care of you, to make choices for you that you should never be allowed to make for yourself, to make you whole, to lead everyone in a rousing rendition of Kum Bay Yah.

Jesus wept...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »
Same old sore losers. Same old snivelling and whining.

Ho, hum.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
Same old Bush, same old politicial bullcrap, same old Democrats, same old Republicans.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 09:32:07 PM »
"Same old Bush, same old politicial bullcrap, same old Democrats, same old Republicans."

Pretty much.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »
If the Democrats want to help, maybe they  will come over to my house and help with with my remodel?

I've got a list so put on your best hemp t-shirt for painting and come on over.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 05:32:31 AM »
What's up with that Gov's left eyebrow when talking?  Drove me nuts.  Wink

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 06:44:14 AM »
Was there any "state of the union" information in the State of the Union address?

All I heard was more Republican and Presidential ideas of how things should be.  What happened to the President telling us the actual state of our union?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 07:11:24 AM »
Quote from: El Tejon
If the Democrats want to help, maybe they  will come over to my house and help with with my remodel?

I've got a list so put on your best hemp t-shirt for painting and come on over.
I heard Jimmy Carter swings a mean hammer, maybe he would want to help? Wink
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:00:02 AM »
The constitution requires an annual report from the president to congress.  No mention of a speech.  I'm repulsed by what I see.  Juvenile is a word that keeps coming to mind.  Listened to a former congressional aid who said when the speech is handed out beforehand both side sit down to rehearse response.  Stand up/sit down/boo/cheer/clap/frown ad nauseum.  To show how worthless it has become look how the hype begins the week before, radio stations have play by play commentary, after action reports, media analysis.

Makes me want to blow breakfast chunks.  The pres needs to write out the report and fax it over to congress and let that be the end of it.  Cut the crap.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:09:10 AM »
Lennyjoe, you're not kidding.  We had the TV on mute (not a bad way to watch a politician speak) and couldn't take our eyes of that eyebrow!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 09:35:16 AM »
I got home too late to hear the President, but did hear the response. Same old Democrat talking points.

It was kind of entertaining. Gov. Kaine would make a declaritive statement about something that had been done. I would respond to the TV, yeah and your party did it! Tongue

It was entertaining for a few minutes.

client32

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 09:50:48 AM »
Quote from: Waitone
The pres needs to write out the report and fax it over to congress and let that be the end of it.
A bit of history.
George Washington delivered the first State of Union to Congress by speach, and John Adams followed suite.
Jefferson, who did not like public speaking (due to a lisp, I think), sent a written report to congress.
This was the normal procedure until Woodrow Wilson revieved the speach to Congress.

My useless information for the day.

edited to add:
More info:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/stateoftheunion/history.html
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 12:31:32 PM »
Quote from: client32
Jefferson, who did not like public speaking (due to a lisp, I think), sent a written report to congress.
This was the normal procedure until Woodrow Wilson revieved the speach to Congress.
Oh, something else to blame Wilson for.

client32

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
Oh, something else to blame Wilson for.
I'm sure, though probably not even a thought yet, Bush can still be blamed for this.  Wink
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 01:03:44 PM »
Oh don't worry next year will come and this will be a faint yet distasteful memory. Next year of course we can watch the circus that will be the gallery deck. Now that the right wing soccer mom and Mother Moonbat of the off the scale left have been apologized to for getting ousted due to their poor taste in clothes, next year should be entertaining. I am sure that plenty of the lunatic fringe will again be invited to attend by CA representatives. Will they bring anti-war tees, togas, beachballs? Will Ted Kennedy wear pants? Will Hillary give up the pretense of consulting a fashion designer before she picks out something hideous?  Should be fun.

Man, I cannot believe my state voted for that eyebrow and the idiot behind it. What a slimy little sack of...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »
This year, both Groundhog Day
and the State of the Union Address fall in the same week.
It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual
in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication,
and the other involves a groundhog.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

RealGun

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 04:40:32 AM »
Quote from: Harold Tuttle
This year, both Groundhog Day
and the State of the Union Address fall in the same week.
It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual
in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication,
and the other involves a groundhog.
That is truly clever. You have raised Bush bashing to an art form. I suppose I could make a smarmy comparison with the rebuttal, but it wouldn't be funny.

toro

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 05:33:13 AM »
No one likes a President in his second term.  Why?  Because he has to be President to all the people not just to an Individual person.  People only think of themselves and judge the President by what he can give them.  Everyone is angry because of gas prices, yet they will drive the most gas guzzling cars they can find.  This has been going on since Carter when we were first warned about gas and had to turn our heat down to 60 decrees and had to go 55 miles an hour on the highways.  So, what does the American public do but buy cars that take $60 dollars to fill every time they go to the gas station.  Our car is a Pontiac Vibe and gets 33 miles to the gallon.

President Bush cannot do anything nor can any President do anything without the cooperation of the other party.  If we had the Democrats in we would be paying more taxes and giving the money to single mothers to raise their children.  Which would you rather have a President who goes after the enemy and keeps our country safe or someone who is telling you everything is fine in his State of the Union address and we have no enemies?  When these enemies are blowing our buildings up and our military.  Such as Clinton.  One reason why people don't like Bush is the media.  They loved Clinton and they will love Hillary.  Remember when she was first lady and kissed Arafats wife on the cheek?  She would be good to the Muslims.  Do you think that would stop them from taking out our cities?  I don't.

I think President Bush was brave to take on the Taliban, Saddam and try to change their way of life.  They have not progressed since the time of Jesus.  They still ride horses.  Wait, that is a Bible prophesy.  I always wondered why people would be riding horses in the end times when we had such fine tanks and air planes.  I never dreamed we would be dealing with people who still rode horses and had turbans on their heads.  Well, the Bible does unfold its mysteries as we grow older.  May He wake up those who have had a soft life and do nothing but complain.

Mrs. Toro

===
Ezekiel 38:14to16
On that day when My people Israel are living securely, will you not know it?  You will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, ALL of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army: and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land.  It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 05:41:54 AM »
They still ride horses.
Um, what???

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 05:47:43 AM »
I mean, that's just silly.

Everyone in the Middle East rides camels.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »
"Everybody in the Middle East rides camels."

Yup.  Turban Cowboys.  Can they line dance?  To music by Abdullah and his NosePickers?

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 09:18:07 AM »
real gun,
the same could be applied to Clinton
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

toro

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 09:58:30 AM »
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/stories/s561909.htm

Well, Barbara

The majority of horses are going to the Middle East and there is as much demand as there are horses available. It's amazing the interest in the Middle East in bringing part of their heritage, which is riding these Arab horses over long distances under harsh and gruelling conditions, is part of their history and they are trying to support a sport that's naturally where it originated from, Peter Toft said.

Horse Riding - The sport of kings has rapidly become Dubai's most popular spectator event, attracting crowds of more than 15,000. Race meetings are held weekly during the cooler months at one of the UAE's four racecourses. Dubai Racing Club, at Naad Al Sheba, the country's largest and most spectacular track and home to the Dubai World Cup the sport's richest race also holds meetings at right under floodlights. Horse riding is part of the local tradition and is upheld today by several active centres including the Dubai Equestrian Centre and Jebel Ali Hotel Riding Stables. Rides through the desert are organized regularly. Dubai has a riding association for the disabled.

The Arabian horse is a distinctive and exquisite breed. With origins shrouded in mystery and conjecture, the one thing everyone agrees on is that the Arabian is the oldest and purest horse breed in the world.

History and Origin

The true origins of the Arabian are controversial and this often results in some heated debates. Some feel that the Arabian originated separately from all other horses in the southern Arabian Peninsula. Others claim that the breed is from the desert and developed naturally without selective breeding. Although the origin of the breed and the ancient breeds that may have contributed to the Arabian are not agreed upon, the long-standing purity of the breed is not disputed. The origins are still being investigated and research has resulted in the accumulation of lots of information, some not agreed upon.

Recent evidence indicates that the Arabian descended from wild horses of northern Syria, southern Turkey, Iran and Iraq. Centuries ago, these areas were referred to as Arab nations.

Despite all the controversy, few will argue that the Arabian is the horse most often used to enhance the appearance, personality and abilities of other breeds of horses in the world today.

Mrs. Toro

===
Zechariah 14:20
In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 10:34:52 AM »
Wow. It's like Wyoming but with better weather!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2006, 10:51:09 AM »
Quote from: Barbara
I mean, that's just silly.

Everyone in the Middle East rides camels.
I don't know how that was intended but it sure came out funny as hell.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.