Author Topic: XL  (Read 3997 times)

griz

• friend
XL
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »
Heard there will be a football game today. Just out of curiosity, who will win?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

cosine

• Administrator
XL
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »
Quote from: griz
Heard there will be a football game today.
That's right, just an ordinary football game. Nothing to get excited about.

Quote from: griz
Just out of curiosity, who will win?
Oh, one team or the other.

The Seahawks!
Andy

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
XL
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:06:13 PM »
i a heerd dem Stillers iz gunna win
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Justin

• friend
XL
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »
Good luck wit' your fooseball, coach.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

TarpleyG

• friend
XL
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 01:24:08 PM »
Seahawks...

Steelers cannot win because they'd tie the record with SF and MORE IMPORTANTLY, Dallas...

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Greg

telewinz

• friend
XL
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 01:26:01 PM »
Pittsburgh by 17 points.  If Sea Chickens win....they will be barbecued by the fans.
Career Corrections

griz

• friend
XL
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
3-0 so far. Looks like Pitt is moving.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

telewinz

• friend
XL
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 02:50:25 PM »
Pittsburgh will win.  Why? They WILL ajust to the SeaHawks at the half.  The SeaHawks have nothing to ajust to concerning the Steelers.  They are stuck playing the 2nd half like the 1st half.  No Contest!
Career Corrections

TarpleyG

• friend
XL
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »
Ref snowjob is all I have to say...

Greg

Dannyboy

• friend
XL
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 04:35:08 PM »
Quote from: TarpleyG
Ref snowjob is all I have to say...
Amen to that.  Seattle got hosed at the beginning of the 4th.  A bogus holding call and then that call against Hasselbeck when he made the tackle after the pick.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

TarpleyG

• friend
XL
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »
Hairspliiting holding calls, BS offensive pass interference, questionable Rothlesbooger TD, and the hits just keep on a'comin'.

Greg

telewinz

• friend
XL
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 05:07:29 PM »
I called it! No luck, no bad calls, just SKILL!  Long live the STEELERS!!!!!!!
Career Corrections

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
XL
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »
Anyone who claims that the Stealers won on anything but bad calls is a *expletive deleted*ing LIAR.

Dannyboy

• friend
XL
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 05:23:58 PM »
Quote from: garyk/nm
Anyone who claims that the Stealers won on anything but bad calls is a *expletive deleted*ing LIAR.
Sooo, gary, tell us how you really feel?

Pittsburgh won that game on 2 big plays and a bunch of bad calls.  Oh well, it's hockey season anyways.  Go Wings!
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

...has left the building.

XL
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 05:44:25 PM »
Go Stillers!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
XL
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 08:29:28 AM »
What football game?
I put up 6 rolls of insulation in the basement, and played BF2 for about 2 hours yesterday.  I watched about 20 minutes of the game and nearly fell over from boredom.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Beren

• friend
XL
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »

XL
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 12:33:48 PM »
Quote from: Blackburn
Football? What?

I don't dig sports. Yay, men running around on a field slapping each other on the ass and hugging, who have mostly been bought / traded from other places, while other grown men sit on couches and feel some sort of connection to the team's victory or loss.

Right. Not for me.
One would have to split hairs to determine wether the fans were sadder than the people who have the time to whine about them. Playing football is a harder job than you may think, it is certainly harder work than most people do.

XL
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »
Quote from: Blackburn
When people tell me, "Oh, but it's technically very complicated," or "You don't understand how much work goes into it," I'm reminded of a scene from Don Quixote: A man walks to the center of town and gathers a crowd for the show he's about to put on. The man picks up a dog and inserts a tube into its rump. He begins to inflate the canine. The crowd watches, fascinated. The dog grows larger and rounder. Eventually, the man pulls the tube out and the air escapes loudly from the poor pooch's rear as it runs away. The man turns to the crowd and asks: "You think it's easy to inflate a dog with a tube?" Moral: Just because someone works hard at something doesn't mean it's great.
I think your missing the salient point from that passage. You see, the man puts on a show that is difficult, but that noone wants to see. For that reason it isnt much of a show. Football is a game that is difficult that LOTS of people want to see, thats what makes it great. The Don Quixote analogy actually supports that conclusion rather than refuting it. You have every right in the world not to like a game, but that doesnt place you into some position of moral superiority. Your dislike for the game is no more rational than a person's enjoyment of it.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
XL
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
Oh well, it's hockey season anyways.  Go Wings!
Truer words have not been spoken.  Here's to hoping the Wings take the Presidents Cup and Lord Stanley's Cup.

Not a big football fan, but even I, an unbiased third party, could tell officiating was not at its best.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
XL
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »
They played football?

I tuned in to watch, and listen to, Mick and The Old Farts play at halftime.  Then I went back to my reloading bench, to play with my "new" old CH Tool & Die linear press.

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
XL
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »
"Anyone who claims that the Stealers won on anything but bad calls is a *expletive deleted*ing LIAR."

You have a deuce riding on the Seahawks? Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.