Author Topic: What a crappy game  (Read 3430 times)

Robert Sears

What a crappy game
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 12:03:24 PM »
There was a game?

Bob

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

What a crappy game
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: 444
On the way home from work this morning I as listening to NFL radio on satillite. First of all, the former players agreed that the game was called according to the book with the exception of that Matt Hasselbeck personal foul which was questionable (and would not have made the slightest difference in the outcome of the game). But more importantly they brought up the overturned interception by Troy Polamalu in the Colts game. They got screwed on that play and Troy knew it. When the play was overturned, he put his helmet back on and ran back out on the field. He didn't cry and whine that he got screwed. He didn't complain to the media that the game was fixed (although Joey Porter did). Why ? Because he is a champion. He doesn't let other people influence his behavior and his play. He has class. He is mature. He doesn't waste time complaining about stuff he can't control. He focuses on what he can control and does his best.

The Steelers came out of no where to win this Super Bowl. They wern't handed anything. They weren't even a lock for the playoffs. They got in the playoffs and were the sixth seed. They beat the first, second, and third seeded teams, all on the road, to get to the Super Bowl. They won seven games in a row against the best teams in the NFL to get to the big game. Then, the won the big game and all the player haters want to whine that the game was fixed. That's low budget.
2 things: I DESPISE the frelling PITS burg Stealers.  I grew up in/around DC, as a Redskins fan.  When the 'skins were good, the Stealers were GREAT.  They are THE dynasty of the NFL.  I hate them.  I hate Frank O'Harris.  I also hate Franco Harris.

2nd: Troy Palomalo-lomalinda-shoobydoowah is a class act. However, does anyone else feel an almost uncontrollable urge to CUT THAT BOY'S HAIR?Huh?  My coach in H.S. football would have had all of us holding him down and shearing him like a SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AAaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!

What a crappy game
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 12:28:33 PM »
Care to retract your claim?
Do you by any chance have a picture that doesnt look like it come from the camera of a guy looking for UFOs or ghosts? Not that it really matters, the call could easily have gone either way, but posting some kind of grainy nonsense like that with a yellow circle on it isnt exactly conclusive.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

What a crappy game
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
That picture's also pretty irrelevant, unless you can show that it's BEFORE the little 'push forward' that Roethlissbooger did and then looked up, real innocent-like, at the ref...

What a crappy game
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »
Ok, how about we do it this way.
There is only one point of view that matters.
They said it is a touchdown.
The points went up on the scoreboard.
End of story.

Lennyjoe

• friend
What a crappy game
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 06:01:10 AM »
Quote: "Care to retract your claim"

Not at all.  

Quote: "You lost.  Be a man and accept it"

I'll refrain from responding to that comment due to the fact that it served no purpose in your post and a response serves no purpose here.

The main fact of the matter and the whole reason for my thread was that fact that it was the Superbowl and it should of been officiated by the best the NFL had to offer.

Obviously, it wasnt.

Silver Bullet

• friend
What a crappy game
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2006, 06:05:16 AM »
Texas-USC was much more fun !

Lennyjoe

• friend
What a crappy game
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2006, 10:25:09 AM »
It was!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
What a crappy game
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2006, 11:24:58 AM »
I could of cared less who was playing the game because of where I watched the game.

A friend of mine owns a rather large cave and we watched the Superbowl 125' below the surface of the ground. He brought in a line from his satellite dish, build a wooden platform over the underground river/spring and set up lawn chairs.

We had to hike in via waders to the first big room and it was a balmy 47 degrees in the cave but it was one of the neatest experiences I have had with friends.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Beren

• friend
What a crappy game
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »
The main fact of the matter and the whole reason for my thread was that fact that it was the Superbowl and it should of been officiated by the best the NFL had to offer.
More sour grapes.  The refs were picked explicitly because they /were/ the best the NFL had to offer.

However bad the refs were, the Seahawks were worse.  Credit to your QB for admitting the truth:  the Seahawks just couldn't get it done when it counted most.

Again:

Did the refs block for Willie Parker when he ran 75 yards for a TD?

Did the refs catch the ball thrown by ARE to Hines ward for a touchdown?

Did the refs cause Seattle to miss two field goals?

Did the refs cause Seattle to horribly mismanage the clock at the end of the first half?

Did the refs cause Seattle's soft tight end to drop three crucial passes?

Did the refs push the Seattle's wide receiver out of bounds on what would've been a touchdown pass?

Did the refs throw the ball to Ike Taylor, killing the Seahawk's hopes of coming back?

Pittsburgh was legitimately screwed by the refs during the Colts game.  The league even admitted it and apologized for the horrible call.  We overcame.

Of all the calls against Seattle in XL, only the low block called on your QB was convincingly incorrect.  Everything else was either technically correct or inconclusive.

Moral?  Don't push off in front of the ref.  Don't horse-collar defensive linemen.  Don't give up a first down on 3-28.