Author Topic: No coals in the new campfire ...  (Read 9442 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
No coals in the new campfire ...
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2005, 06:55:27 AM »
Not exactly a grand master, but I've had to revover a couple exchange databases for real a few times. Where are you stuck at?
The point were the IS needs to mount the mailbox and public folder stores for use.  Here's the routine I've followed on this project.

1. Format and do a clean install of of the OS to match the production box (Windows 2k Adv. server)

2. Match the production box with service packs and hot fixes.

3. Make the test machine a DC, new domain tree in a new forest of trees.

4. Install and configure DNS for the new domain,

5. Run the Exchange install with /forestprep and /domainprep to prepare the domain, using the same edition (2000) and version (Enterprise) of Exchange as the production box.

6. Install Exchange and apply same service packs and hotfixes as production system.

7. Create/rename the same Admin. Groups and Storage groups as exist on the production box.

8. Using LegacyDN from the last SP, examine and confirm that the legacyExchangeDN matches exactly on the produciton machine and the test machine.

The restore from tape using the built in backup utility seems to work fine, no errors.  But when I try and mount the stores, I get this:

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category:   General
Event ID:   1088
Date:      3/4/2005
Time:      9:25:39 AM
User:      N/A
Computer:   RECOVER
Description:
The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name (DN) /O=/OU=/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= of message database "First Storage GroupMailbox Store ()" does not match the DN of directory /CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.

The database may have been restored to a computer that is in an organization or site different than the original database.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
Searching MS knowledge base and Usenet point to the Admin groups having differing names, but as far as I can tell using LegacyDN and ASDI Edit to examine stuff, it all matches exactly. The only thing odd is that the last part of the error message text seems to be too short, not listing the /O and /OU values for the directory.  And for the life of me, I can not find the RECIPIENTS object in AD to examine ITS properties.  I've torn down and rebuilt this setup three times trying to figure this out, thinking I'd fubar'd some step along the way.  All to no avail.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 10:05:30 AM »
Kosher's Best dogs for me with Hot Dutch mustard. Pour me a tall bourbon and coke for me, maybe bourbon and lemonade instead.

Ain't going to sit next you chili dog eating farting machines, go sit in the smoke, least you be stinking up the woods downwind.

Spiffy hands off the redhead hitchhiker that I picked up along the way.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Holly76201

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 03:44:48 PM »
Ya'll listen up, there's a lady in the area so no more talk about flatulent explosions! Just do what you have to do and look at the guy next to you and shake your head.

And BTW, I'll have a Chili Dawg with regular yellow mustard and 'Kraut. And a Shiner Bock, thank you very much. She tucks her denim skirt behind her knees and takes a seat by Spiff's huge ass hoping her's will look smaller in comparison. cheesy
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

Chas

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:27 PM »
Just thought I'd drop ya'll a friendly 'howdy'. Where's the coffee? Like mine dark 'n strong.
Chuck
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever...

spacemanspiff

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2005, 03:56:44 PM »
ha! i've got a lady sitting next to me now!

i so rule.

anyone ever play the game 'sniper'? you know, where everyone sits in a big circle and is given a card, and two of the cards are designated as 'sniper cards'. whomever gets them is a 'sniper' and scores kills by winking at people when they make eye contact.
only played it once. turned out me and the other sniper were sitting right next to each other.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2005, 05:55:37 PM »
Wink
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2005, 06:02:28 PM »
Chas,
Like mine dark 'n strong.
There's some other kind of coffee?   :shock:  

Here ya go.  Smiley
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2005, 03:29:26 AM »
Not exactly a grand master, but I've had to revover a couple exchange databases for real a few times. Where are you stuck at?
The point were the IS needs to mount the mailbox and public folder stores for use.  Here's the routine I've followed on this project.

Ok, I think you said you did name them the same. I've found it never works for me, unless the domain and server names are exactly the same as the original - yeah I know your suppposed to be able to fix that - it's never worked for me. Also I didn't see any reference to running a isinteg and/or eseutil command. I have always had to run one of the two to get the database "reset" to work with the new server. I don't recall the entire command line and it's changed with the various versions of Exchange.

Try these two knowledge base articles; and let me think about this, it's been about a year since I had to do this the last time, I'll try and dig up my notes.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296788

You can always send me an email about this to mike.b0-at-gmail.com if you would like to.

Wild Bill

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2005, 04:14:46 AM »
Holly76201

Be werrrry carrrreful.

From what I understand you're the first woman that close to Spiff in a while! cheesy

No real worries - dude's a good guy.  But one word of warning...
if he does anything don't slap him - he like that. Tongue

Mr. Mysterious

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2005, 04:59:31 AM »
I have faith....

Holly76201

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2005, 02:59:48 PM »
Wild Bill,

I'm not worried about the Spiffyman... this is an Armed,Polite Society. I'm sure I won't have any trouble, even if my dearly Beloved isn't with me. Besides, I only slap when I get paid for it. j/k

Um... may I have another Shiner, please.
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2005, 03:07:33 PM »
Yes Ma'am you may...

Hey Spiffy - you wanna a Shiner for "that"  shinerwhile someone is up?

neener

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2005, 03:12:12 PM »
Those slaps for pay can get expensive.  I've been a bad boy mommy.   :oops:

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2005, 03:43:01 PM »
I'm not sure what this thread is for, but it needs this.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

spacemanspiff

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2005, 03:53:10 PM »
From what I understand you're the first woman that close to Spiff in a while

well, voluntarily, that is.  Cheesy

if he does anything don't slap him - he like that

usually, i do. but only when it comes from a single female. i think i saw a ring on hollys finger so i'll be on my bestest behavior. ya know, that whole 'gentlemanly do unto others' kinda thing.  Wink

you wanna a Shiner for "that" shinerwhile someone is up?

all this talk about Shiner, and also my thread about drinking, motivated me to pick up a six pack last night. was more interested in the hefeweizen than the bock, seeing how the wheat beers go better with the pork chops i cooked last night. mmmmmmmm, hefeweizen...........
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Holly76201

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2005, 10:21:05 PM »
Spiff,
Yes, I do have a ring on my finger, and a band, as well.
But I know you'd have been a gentleman, anyway.

And you are the only person I know, other than my Angel Faced Daughter, who actually likes Hefelwhatever. But then 22 years ago when she was a toddler she liked Guiness.

This is a really fun thread, I'll do  my part to keepit going. And if I may regress to an earlier comment... only Yankees like beans in their chili. rolleyes
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

Darkmind

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »
I got a log but does anybody have any ice for my case of keystone light?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

SEMPER FI

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2005, 05:14:53 AM »
I wish I had a whole band on my finger, that'd be awesome.
And, I had a dream last night that Bob Seger posted on THR.  :shock:
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

spacemanspiff

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2005, 02:53:42 PM »
bob seger,.... isnt that the guy who was the dad on full house?
Wear a Yellow Armband!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »
I'll hit the Oberto's company store on the way over.  It's just around the corner.  Who wants the old fashioned, peppered, hickory smoked, or teriyaki jerky?  Pepperoni sticks, too, anyone?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2005, 04:21:40 PM »
Bob Segar...did someone mention Bob Segar?  :mrgreen:

" Little something from '72, about  being on the road. Turn The Page "

Have driven straight thru to see Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, last time was to Memphis - the Pyramid.

"Call me a relic, call what what you will, some music ain't got no soul- gimmee that old fashioned Rock & Roll..."

:mrgreen:

Old Dog

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2005, 04:36:31 PM »
Yo, SM -- I was at that concert, September 5, 1975, Cobo Hall, Detroit City ... (the second night of a two-night homestand for B.S. & the Silver Bullet Band) ... Ah, what a night.

Probably a good thing there's not L & P on this forum.  Good to be here with you all.
-- Will

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2005, 04:38:04 PM »
That rocks. grin
Unfortunatly, I'm way too young to have seen him live.
Skynyrd too. sad
(The original.)

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2005, 04:39:18 PM »
(sits down by the fire, stares wistfully into his shot of Dalmore...)

And those Hollywood nights, in those Hollywood hills... Sigh, me misspent yout.

(hoping discussions of firearms are OK here...)

Well, not to change the subject, but my G19 is now clean but I'm worried because it FTFed a bunch of times at the range today. Not ideal behavior in a defensive arm. And not like it at all; the thing is usually more reliable than tax hikes in an off-election year. But I was a Bad Boy and didn't clean it properly after the last time I shot it. Thirty lashes with a wet one-inch-square patch.

- The Shooter Known Elsewhere As pdmoderator
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2005, 04:50:08 PM »
Caught Seger and SBBB here in the South mostly...best I recall...some brain cells ...might have been lost along the way.  :?

Leon Russel,one night, Allman Bros and the next.  Shoot a tourney for three days.  Head out from Mississippi afterwards Oklahoma bound , powerslide into the parking lot - dump spent shotshells from the coat I'm wearing...Security does not check the socks...Seger, Seger, Seger!!!

" running eight miles a minute, for months at a time..."

Steve