Author Topic: Illegals do jobs that Americans aren't willing to do...  (Read 6562 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Illegals do jobs that Americans aren't willing to do...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
I wish I could say I was surprised.

I m sure someone will school me on how it is to all our advantage to let morally compromised 18th century workers into our 21st century economy.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:07:04 AM »
how do they get the kids soc numbers?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
I m sure someone will school me on how it is to all our advantage to let morally compromised 18th century workers into our 21st century economy.
Its a win-win for everyone except the taxpayer- the businesses get cheap labor, big government gets dependents.

Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
18th century might be a stretch.  Try timeless tribalists.

Political freedom and economic freedom are not perfectly congruous.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
how do they get soc numbers for the kids?  you need em to claim em.  demonstrably so in the video in the op
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
how do they get soc numbers for the kids?  you need em to claim em.  demonstrably so in the video in the op

Apparantly they've figured out some sort of workaround.

Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »
Its a win-win for everyone except the taxpayer- the businesses get cheap labor, big government gets dependents.

And the Democrats get more voters.  Win-win-win.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »
how do they get the kids soc numbers?

Friends and relatives on the inside. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
Apparantly they've figured out some sort of workaround.

Just making them up.  Its only the filing SS/TIN that is initially cross referenced.

I say make it all computerized, then the filed home address can be cross referenced, red flags, token investigation, billions saved from fraud. 

But as others have pointed out... that isn't really addressing the perverse incentives inherent in the present system. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »
This isn't an illegal immigrant problem, it's an out-of-control-dumbass-govt agency problem. ITINs? People who are not supposed to be, much less work in country getting Government issue IDs to report their incomes?? Eligible for refunds??? Ax the IRS. As easy as it may be to blame the "filthy barbarians" for everything, it's our beloved gubbermint that set this nonsense up.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/facts-about-individual-tax-identification-number-itin

ITIN holders pay taxes.

ITINs let more people pay into the system, which builds the tax base.  Between 1996 and 2003, more than 7.2 million ITINs were issued.  More than $300 million was collected in taxes in 2001 alone from ITIN filers—a large portion of whom are undocumented.

ITIN holders are not eligible for all of the tax benefits and public benefits that U.S. citizens and other taxpayers can receive.  For example, an ITIN holder is not eligible for Social Security benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).  However, if that person becomes eligible for Social Security in the future (through legalizing his or her status, for example), the earnings reported with an ITIN may be counted toward the amount he or she is eligible to receive.

ITINs do NOT provide immigration benefits.

An ITIN does not provide legal immigration status.  It is not a document that can be used to prove legal presence in the U.S.

An ITIN does not provide work authorization and it cannot be used to prove work authorization on an I-9 form.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:03 PM »
So the whole ITIN thing is a revenue procurement gimmick for people with income of an indiscernible origin who will are unlikely to take issue with taxation without representation?

More than $300 million was collected in taxes in 2001 alone from ITIN filers—a large portion of whom are undocumented.

meh, is it worth the trouble? That probably won't even cover Capitol Hill's raw sewage expenses.

It would be priceless however to see an illegal that gets busted by immigration services turn around and say to the cop: "Oye Senor, I pay your salary"
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
I sort of like the idea of granting a work visa which would include the ITN.  Other countries have work visa's, why not the USA?  Like gun registration, once you get a list, you can begin to get a handle on these people.  Since I am against registering firearms. does that mean I'm against registering illegals?
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
I sort of like the idea of granting a work visa which would include the ITN.  Other countries have work visa's, why not the USA?  Like gun registration, once you get a list, you can begin to get a handle on these people.  Since I am against registering firearms. does that mean I'm against registering illegals?

Nothing more permanent than a "temporary" worker.  Or their kids.  Just ask the Krauts.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »
This isn't an illegal immigrant problem, it's an out-of-control-dumbass-govt agency problem. ITINs? People who are not supposed to be, much less work in country getting Government issue IDs to report their incomes?? Eligible for refunds??? Ax the IRS. As easy as it may be to blame the "filthy barbarians" for everything, it's our beloved gubbermint that set this nonsense up.

Actually, it's both, because the illegal alien phenomenon and the policies that support and encourage it emanate from the Progressive game-plan, which is to expand central government control and to create the docile populace that will accept that.  Illegal immigration serves both ends.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
18th century might be a stretch.  Try timeless tribalists.
Seems awfully familiar.

And the Democrats get more voters.  Win-win-win.
This too, just add "Social" in front of "Democrats"...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »
Noticed on the news today that the US Government is probably going to issue work visa's to selected illegals.  I think this is actually a good step and have wondered why this was not the law of the land for a long time.  It has nothing to do with voting.  But it would officially legitimize their work status.

On the other hand, these would be the first people now termed illegals (opps, undocumented immigrants) to be put into the citizenship circuit if they want to pursue it.  The reality of the whole situation is that I don't see much of a choice.

Most of the illegals that I have encountered have all been hard working individuals.

Added:  The politico's are saying that Obama does not have the authority/power to do this without Congressional action.  I don't know.  But I know Obama would prefer to be King Obama rather than President Obama.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:51:59 PM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
Most of the illegals that I have encountered have all been hard working individuals.

As long as you keep your eyes on them.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
Here's an article about it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-thwarted-by-congress-obama-will-stop-deporting-young-illegal-immigrants-20120615,0,2674599.story

No deportation for well-behaved illegals under 30. A "catch, release, vote" program, as Rush Limbaugh put it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Well, it's good to see where the government's priorities are and who their constituency is.

It's certainly not the American citizen-taxpayer.

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

40 caliber

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
  • friend
    • Will to Exist
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »

Count me as a supporter of your position.
It's collapsing all around you.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
It wasn't "government" that set this vast problem in motion, it was specific people IN government with specific policies.  Think Ted Kennedy and his "brain trust."  Think the State Dept.  Think religious charity groups and resettlement agencies.  Until Americans begin to trace back and then name names we will be in the dark about who loves the predicament we're in.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.