Author Topic: NRA Terrorists  (Read 2972 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
NRA Terrorists
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:03:17 AM »
Here we go again  - just like Palin and the target, but only if non-progressives do it.

In this case, the photo makes perfect sense since it talks about two lawmakers and their (incredibly stupid) attempt to limit ammo sales in NY state.

http://twitchy.com/2016/01/05/is-this-photo-from-the-nra-an-act-of-terror-mayor-de-blasio-seems-to-think-so-photo/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: NRA Terrorists
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »
I don't think it was a very smart image.  Period.

I'm surprised NRA's PR people didn't put the kibosh on it.

Haisoos Aitch Kristos, we're in a PR war and they put up something like that?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could stretch it by saying they're related subjects, that wasn't their intent, at least we didn't put crosshairs on it, etc, but I still think it was dumb.

That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you could stretch it by saying they're related subjects, that wasn't their intent, at least we didn't put crosshairs on it, etc, but I still think it was dumb.

Terry

I'm tired of political correctness.
2A isn't about hunting.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
Yep.

And the left does worse to us on a daily basis.  Not thrilled about the pic but don't really care that "they" are offended.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 12:39:52 PM »

Terry

I disagree.   It's a perfectly decent image.   The idea it is terrorism is BS.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »
I like it; it's a "dog whistle".  (let's you know who the dog is)
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:07 PM »
I wish our politicians feared the people a bit more.

Actually I wish the people were of such character that they inspired fear in would be tyrants. Americans actually welcome the chains.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 01:36:05 PM »
I'm sorry, and this is probably a matter of perspective, but I don't consider random rounds scattered on a flat surface to be a threat, especially not when the article is talking about ammo.

Ammo, by itself, is just a thing that doesn't do anything.

A threat would be names etched into the bullets or something.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »

A threat would be names etched into the bullets or something.

A threat would be large numbers of  black flag waving jihadis  assembling mortars outside the gates of your embassy.
Those would also be the terrorists...

Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 01:53:15 PM »
A threat would be large numbers of  black flag waving jihadis  assembling mortars outside the gates of your embassy.
Those would also be the terrorists...

I need the link for the little boy saying "that's racists!"

Also, we really need a gif for religious discrimination, but more catchy than "religious discrimination" because the whole inappropriately labeled prejudices have gone on long enough to have lost the "it's so stupid, it's funny" cachet. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 01:55:34 PM »
I'll tell you what's 1000 times worse than that image: The legislation those two boneheads want to push that limits ammo purchases to “twice the capacity of a gun owner’s firearm during a 90-day period.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 01:59:23 PM »
I'll tell you what's 1000 times worse than that image: The legislation those two boneheads want to push that limits ammo purchases to “twice the capacity of a gun owner’s firearm during a 90-day period.”

I wonder if they realize that most 20 round boxes of ammo (at least for pistols) are the hot "killer" rounds?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
Not worth getting my shorts in a wad over it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »
I guess the picture is blocked here like the rest of twitter.  Sounds like I am not missing anything.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »
Honeybadger approved.

I sure don't like Trump as a candidate, but we can sure as hell learn something from him on several other fronts in the "culture war".
I promise not to duck.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »
I wonder if they realize that most 20 round boxes of ammo (at least for pistols) are the hot "killer" rounds?

Most criminals get into all the trouble they're going to get into with 2-3 rounds, less than 1% of my typical range trip.

edit:  And how the hell would they handle my 20 gauge shotgun?  Restrict me to 24 rounds a year?  It's a single barrel single shot.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
Most criminals get into all the trouble they're going to get into with 2-3 rounds, less than 1% of my typical range trip.

edit:  And how the hell would they handle my 20 gauge shotgun?  Restrict me to 24 rounds a year?  It's a single barrel single shot.

The answer is to trade the single shot in for something belt fed.

Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »

Technically, for most guns, that would only amount to 2 rounds, exeptions would be things like revolvers and double barrel shotguns.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 07:02:03 PM »
Technically, for most guns, that would only amount to 2 rounds, exeptions would be things like revolvers and double barrel shotguns.

Oh i didn't even think of the revolvers...

Do they even make 12 round boxes of ammo? You'd have to buy ammo by individual round.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »
The answer is to trade the single shot in for something belt fed.

It's New York.  Aren't they limited to 7 rounds or some such nonsense?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
Oh i didn't even think of the revolvers...

Do they even make 12 round boxes of ammo? You'd have to buy ammo by individual round.

One 20-count box. Every 6 months. 'Cuz it's best if all the CCW folk in New York get no practice, ever. Maybe the NYPD is pushing this - they're tired of being the worst marksmen in the state.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55:12 PM »
Question on that proposed legislation:

Can I buy ammo equal to half the capacity of ALL of my guns?  That might add up to more than I normally buy.  I would have to actually count.   =D  Then again, that would mean I would have to register all the guns I own which isn't going to happen. 

Maybe we could get it to allow half the capacity of all of the magazines you own. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »
To define terrorism according to the parameters of the NY Times, then the NYT is a terrorist organization.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw