Author Topic: Seattle City Employee Training, AKA How to Hate Yourself  (Read 1635 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Seattle City Employee Training, AKA How to Hate Yourself
« on: July 08, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
"Whites only" training for Seattle city employees. Everything is your fault. Give up your land.

Also, this "give up your land" mantra is as irritating to me as their overuse of "systemic". Shutup, jackwagons.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop-segregated-training-session-white-supremacy-physical-safety
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Seattle City Employee Training, AKA How to Hate Yourself
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 08:00:22 PM »
"Whites only" training for Seattle city employees. Everything is your fault. Give up your land.

Also, this "give up your land" mantra is as irritating to me as their overuse of "systemic". Shutup, jackwagons.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop-segregated-training-session-white-supremacy-physical-safety

Good grief!

Those who attended the session were also shown a datasheet titled “Assimilation into Whiteness,” which claimed to document how those of Arab, Jewish, Finnish, German, Italian, Armenian or Irish descent still classify as White.

News flash! White people are white! In other news today, Black people are black, water is wet, and the sun still rises in the east!

“Internalized Racial Superiority,” was defined by perfectionism, individualism, imposition, arrogance, paternalism, silence, intellectualization, control, violence, comfort, appropriation, cognitive dissonance, objectivity and “anti-blackness.”

In other words, it's unfair to expect workers to do their jobs correctly (perfectionism), and you're supposed to celebrate stupidity (which can be found among people of all colors, BTW). And shame on anyone who wants to be an individual instead of a colorless drone who is just like all the other colorless drones.

There was a time when objectivity was something to which we were supposed to aspire. No more! Objectivity must give way to the feelz!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 09:17:59 PM »
In order to be considered “accomplices,” White employees must give up “comfort,” “guaranteed physical safety,” “expectations or presumptions of emotional safety,” “control over other people and over the land,” and “relationships with some other white people.”

Who has "guaranteed physical safety"?    The only people that come close are liberal politicians who get the govt to pay for full time security. 

Also on safety, "emotional safety"?  Since when?  Maybe lefty enclaves where they kick out anyone that disagrees with them.

As far as the land, you first.  Sounds like someone is pushing for free rent.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 07:38:19 AM »
Anyone know if this training was mandatory, or was it optional?

Nothing I've seen says one way or the other.

A few years ago my old company put on a bunch of seminars about how to recognize and stamp out unconscious bias. I think I talked about it here at the time. No clue how well attended they were, but I had no intention of going.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »
The best way to avoid this type of thing is to not identify as white. Also, bonus points for getting offended by stereotyping if you get automatically assigned as white.

I'm not talking about trolling, I mean I literally do not self identify as "white". It is not a race, I am not part of it, and I have no allegiance to it. There is nothing about arbitrary groups of other white people that links me to them in any way. I am not responsible for what skinheads or neo nazis or communists or Amish believe or think just because our skin is radiometrically similar. I don't have any guilt either. I have more in common with many black Americans than I do with many "whites" across the world.

Acceptance of the idea of a "white race" is playing into the hands of those who want to lump together and divide us according to their own master worldview, and it represents regression in race relations.

It's also intellectually sloppy. I would rather we all try to move beyond race consciousness and focus on more meaningful commonalities and differences. But if I WERE disposed to slicing and dicing people on the basis of race, I would do it much better.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
I think the gummint needs to revise all their forms. If they insist on having a space for race, I think there should only be one choice, and it should already be filled in: "Human."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 10:21:52 AM »
New forms will have instead of race
Privileged
Not Privileged
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 10:31:16 AM »
New forms will have instead of race
Privileged
Not Privileged

Don't forget "Token"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 10:34:24 AM »
I think the gummint needs to revise all their forms. If they insist on having a space for race, I think there should only be one choice, and it should already be filled in: "Human."

Yeah, I already hate that I have to specify "white not hispanic". Pretty much any form that doesn't require me to check the box, I leave the race part blank. It's irritating that I can't skip that part on firearms forms, while leaving my social security number blank is fine.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 12:13:59 PM »
Yeah, I already hate that I have to specify "white not hispanic". Pretty much any form that doesn't require me to check the box, I leave the race part blank. It's irritating that I can't skip that part on firearms forms, while leaving my social security number blank is fine.

I haven't filled one of those out in a couple of years.  Is there a box "Other" with a line next to it to write something in?  (on the census form I write in "American")
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »
I like to specify 'Terran' or 'Sol 3' as my race.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 01:12:13 PM »
More than a few times I've checked other and written in Northern European American
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »
Put in Homo Sapiens and they'll probably think you're gay
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »
I'm actually now wondering... Is there a legal penalty they could stick you with if on a firearms form you put whatever the hell you wanted for race? I don't have to do background checks anymore. I would assume I'd be fine unless the gun store got picky (some do) which is why I grudgingly fill it out "correctly" since I want to walk out with my gun.

On other gov forms I wouldn't care one way or another, but the gov is already wanky with firearms stuff and I suppose if they wanted to, they could cause me a headache, like with suppressor paperwork which already takes forever.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »
Other: American
They seem to think Mexican is a race
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
And I go straight back to the example of my old neighbor, who was the whiter than white descendant of Dutch settlers in what is now South Africa (and who was a fairly recent immigrant) when she lived in my community.

She, on a number of forms, checked African American to the consternation of all involved because she didn't understand the nuances of what was being asked on the forms and why it can be such a fraught subject.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 04:58:00 PM »
My brother's son in law is a former marine who has been troubled by what he dealt with in the ME ie PTSD.  He was starting to get get his life together, going to the VA, getting counseling.  The company he worked for approached all the employees and demanded they sign a document in support of BLM.  He refused to sign it.  They fired him.  A couple days later he killed himself.
As far as I'm concerned all those virtue signalling cocksuckers can eat *expletive deleted*it and die themselves.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
My brother's son in law is a former marine who has been troubled by what he dealt with in the ME ie PTSD.  He was starting to get get his life together, going to the VA, getting counseling.  The company he worked for approached all the employees and demanded they sign a document in support of BLM.  He refused to sign it.  They fired him.  A couple days later he killed himself.
As far as I'm concerned all those virtue signalling cocksuckers can eat *expletive deleted*it and die themselves.

Wow. That's awful. What garbage, racist outfit did he work for?

I've been wondering when we're going to realize that this is the new racism in the U.S. The effect on individual white people may not be as bad as anti-black racism (maybe not yet), but the disturbing thing is that it's acceptable, or even mandatory for some people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
Wow. That's awful. What garbage, racist outfit did he work for?

Yeah, they should be made aware of what happened. Maybe they're too woke to care, but I'd be letting them know. Or else a non-woke news outfit. I understand if the family might not, and want to put it all behind them, but from the bleachers, I'd like to see someone get slapped upside the head.

It's a private business (I assume) so I guess they can make their own dumb rules, but this "woke loyalty tests or else" stuff is something I don't want to see in America. If it were a document supporting the 2nd Amendment and they fired someone for not signing, and that person killed themselves (or even if they didn't), it would be all over the MSM.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 09:40:19 AM »
And I go straight back to the example of my old neighbor, who was the whiter than white descendant of Dutch settlers in what is now South Africa (and who was a fairly recent immigrant) when she lived in my community.

She, on a number of forms, checked African American to the consternation of all involved because she didn't understand the nuances of what was being asked on the forms and why it can be such a fraught subject.
And I saw this sort of thing a LOT when I was in college working during course registration - there were a number very pale South Africans who checked the African American box on their forms. And I bet statisticians would be amazed at the sheer number of students who checked the Native American box.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
The underlined leaves a lot of wiggle room

native
[ ney-tiv ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR native ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.

belonging to a person by birth or to a thing by nature; inherent: native ability; native grace.

belonging by birth to a people regarded as indigenous to a certain place, especially a preliterate people: Native guides accompanied the expedition through the rain forest.

of indigenous origin, growth, or production: native pottery.

of, relating to, or characteristic of the indigenous inhabitants of a place or country: native customs; native dress.

born in a particular place or country: a native New Yorker.

of or relating to a language acquired by a person before or to the exclusion of any other language: Her native language is Greek.

pertaining to or characteristic of a person using his or her native language: a native speaker of English; native command of a language.

under the rule of natives: a native government.

occupied by natives: the native quarter of Algiers.

remaining or growing in a natural state; unadorned or unchanged: the native beauty of a desert island.

forming the source or origin of a person or thing: He returned to his native Kansas.

originating naturally in a particular country or region, as animals or plants.

found in nature rather than produced artificially, as a mineral substance: the difference between native and industrial diamonds.

Chemistry, Mineralogy. (of metals) occurring in nature pure or uncombined: native copper.

belonging to a person as a birthright: to deprive a person of his native rights.

Archaic. closely related, as by birth.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 10:16:47 AM »
"I'd be letting them know."

Actually, I hope his family's lawyers will be the ones letting the company know in the suit for wrongful termination and anything else that they can sue for.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 10:23:07 AM »
"I'd be letting them know."

Actually, I hope his family's lawyers will be the ones letting the company know in the suit for wrongful termination and anything else that they can sue for.
That is what I was wondering.  Forcing employees to support a political organization or get fired seems like something worth suing over. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge