Author Topic: The eternal struggle... predator vs prey...  (Read 1174 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The eternal struggle... predator vs prey...
« on: August 12, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »
This is actually quite funny.

My exclusive club is fine, but I'm offended as hell by your exclusive club!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/man-controversy-meat-only-club-coworker-vegan
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The eternal struggle... predator vs prey...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 01:08:26 PM »
This is actually quite funny.

My exclusive club is fine, but I'm offended as hell by your exclusive club!

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/man-controversy-meat-only-club-coworker-vegan

I want a steak all of a sudden

Right up there with Black/Hispanic/Asian only schools and organizations are just fine but white only ones are racist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

I want a steak all of a sudden

Right up there with Black/Hispanic/Asian only schools and organizations are just fine but white only ones are racist

Where's my ten foot pole with which I would not touch this one?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 01:44:32 PM »
On the whole, "Am I the ahole" thing, the herbivores might have had a case that the meat guy was the ahole (albeit my kind of ahole) had they not put the, "nobody but vegans allowed" clause in their club. If it's such a great lifestyle, why not promote it to people that might be interested?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 09:05:42 PM »
On the whole, "Am I the ahole" thing, the herbivores might have had a case that the meat guy was the ahole (albeit my kind of ahole) had they not put the, "nobody but vegans allowed" clause in their club. If it's such a great lifestyle, why not promote it to people that might be interested?

I could care less if they had a exclusive group.  It all depends on if they were trying to rub it in people's faces. 

I assume since this is an HR approved club, that means they use the company websites and systems to advertise and let people know about events.  That makes the exclusionary part seem unusual.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 11:27:51 PM »
Hmph.

"Vegetarian" actually comes from an old Indian Native American expression meaning "Bad Hunter."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 11:33:08 PM »
Been reports from vets on cats dying because their vegetarian owners decided their little carnivore should be a herbivore. If you wanted a rabbit than maybe you should have gotten a rabbit.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 07:11:58 AM »
My guess?

This is simply a case of the veggieites having their sense of smug wokeness challenged and having their inherent hypocrisy pointed out to them.

And to them that's bullying and violence and cannot stand.

Company made a huge mistake by allowing them to make the club exclusive. That should not be allowed at all if it's being done with company time and/or infrastructure.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
I don't see it as any different from the foreign language clubs we had when I was in high school back in the dark ages. There was a French Club, a Spanish Club, and IIRC a German Club. Sure they were discriminatory -- there would have been little point to someone who didn't speak French joining a club where the only language spoken was French. I don't know if the rules actually prevented non speakers from joining one of the language clubs, but this was in an age far removed from today's climate of people actively seeking reasons excuses to be offended.

I don't see any problem with HR allowing a vegetarians club in the company. But I also don't see a problem with a corresponding carnivore club, and HR was right in allowing that activity. Equal opportunity, and all that. IMHO, the only a--h-- here is the woman who started the veggie club and who then complained to HR about the steakhouse club.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »
I don't see it as any different from the foreign language clubs we had when I was in high school back in the dark ages. There was a French Club, a Spanish Club, and IIRC a German Club. Sure they were discriminatory -- there would have been little point to someone who didn't speak French joining a club where the only language spoken was French. I don't know if the rules actually prevented non speakers from joining one of the language clubs, but this was in an age far removed from today's climate of people actively seeking reasons excuses to be offended.

I don't see any problem with HR allowing a vegetarians club in the company. But I also don't see a problem with a corresponding carnivore club, and HR was right in allowing that activity. Equal opportunity, and all that. IMHO, the only a--h-- here is the woman who started the veggie club and who then complained to HR about the steakhouse club.
The only way I see a valid complaint is if "carnivore" types were going to the vegie club meetings and ordering steak to rub it in.  I didn't see any comment that was going on.  So I agree with that last part. 

On the flip side, if a vegetarian went to the steakhouse club and ordered a veggie salad, I think the steak eaters would just laugh at them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge