Author Topic: Nice 'n creepy: ATF's "kids page"  (Read 1081 times)

Seymour Skinner

Nice 'n creepy: ATF's "kids page"
« on: November 01, 2005, 05:25:33 PM »
I had to take a shower after going to http://www.atf.gov/kids/faq.htm :/

How many kids do you suppose bookmark that url?

I especially love the massive arrogance within the "Heraldry of the ATF seal" section.  Imagine an English accent as they wax eloquent: "On the Escutcheon or shield - the sign of a defender - is a Chief of Sanguine (deep red), which indicates the bearer of the shield (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives), through its achievements, has authority and wisdom." cheesy  It just gets better from there.  Didn't the 3rd Reich's minister of propaganda and the ancient Egyptians issue similar "above God" praise like that?

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »
The sanguine color of the Chief represents a patient victor, one not hasty in battle.
Oh...the seal was made before the events at Waco then...
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »
Doesn't bother me too much.  It looks more like a case of a bureaucrat with too much time on his hands trying to justify his salary.

As far as justifying it's existence goes, this is much better than burning women and children alive.