Author Topic: What Was That Incident in the News a While Back?  (Read 6439 times)

dm1333

• friend
Re: What Was That Incident in the News a While Back?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
Yea..... apparantly many people have come to accept that we're going to have an ever-increasing national debt, increasingly intrusive government, heavier and heavier taxes to pay for more "goodies" for the people since even republicans must now go full-bore lib or become extinct as a party.
And of course all that has become apparant the teapartiers realize they no longer have time to go to political activites, they have to work harder to pay the taxes and the bills ... assuming they get to keep their jobs.

Welcome to Obamaland, redux.

So how do you explain 29 Republican governors vs. 20 Democratic?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »

The TEA Party has been more effective in state elections than in national ones. Texas is a good example...pretty much all the TEA PARTY-endorsed candidates won here....esp. Ted Cruz for US Senate. And it looks like the next showdowns on Obamacare will be b/t the Fed & the States....should be fun to watch....  [popcorn]

.....and I didn't know Ben's last name was Ghazi....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 12:51:22 PM »

It was intended to be a sarcastic post.

The TEA Party has been more effective in state elections than in national ones. Texas is a good example...pretty much all the TEA PARTY-endorsed candidates won here....esp. Ted Cruz for US Senate. And it looks like the next showdowns on Obamacare will be b/t the Fed & the States....should be fun to watch....  [popcorn]...

What he said.↑↑↑↑
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
Am I the only cynical bastard that interpreted that as just a way so that Obama can claim he didn't know and Petraeus can claim he did his job, all while the mysterious report-altering person remains completely unknown and therefore no one actually has to take responsibility?

Noticed that, didja?

So did I.

My late uncle used to be like that. He lived in NYC and was a bit ... eccentric. He visited us every year at Christmas. When I was a kid, I used to lie in bed and listen to him telling my parents about all the nasty things "they" did to him. My father always asked him who "they" were. The answer was always the same: "Oh, you know ... them"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Noticed that, didja?

So did I.

My late uncle used to be like that. He lived in NYC and was a bit ... eccentric. He visited us every year at Christmas. When I was a kid, I used to lie in bed and listen to him telling my parents about all the nasty things "they" did to him. My father always asked him who "they" were. The answer was always the same: "Oh, you know ... them"

At my last duty station during my enlistment I was persona non grata to a few particular folks. They tried to trump up some BS about how I was doing my job. Had a group of them come up to me and in a very nasty tone "We've received reports you were doing your job when on shift. We're writing you up for it." Funny thing was that entire counseling session came to a slamming halt when I (lowly E-5) broke in and asked the assembled E-6's and E-7's a few simple questions, who is reporting this, when did I supposedly do these things, and what was I doing wrong, they could answer none of it. Then of course the final nail in that coffin was when I produced instructors notes (I was re-cert'ing an analyst position after come back from A-stan) that stated in no uncertain terms that I was 2 months ahead of schedule in my training and doing and outstanding job.

The problem here however is that the people who should be asking these questions (the media) are not, those who are asking them are being ignored, and the "instructors notes" if you will are either missing or buried under classification caveats.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »
The facts of the matter are irrelevant, it's the seriousness of the allegations that is important.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
The facts of the matter are irrelevant, it's the seriousness of the allegations that is important.

Really!? Well I guess in that case I should stop sitting on the report I received from a confidential and high placed informant that Obama has allegedly been offering children participating on White House tours free candy and then taking them into the Oval office unattended behind closed doors for several hours. Now, no one is saying Obama is a pedophile and has been molesting children in the oval office yet, we just want to know the truth. It's on Obama to come out and disprove these allegations!

Little too over the top? Frankly I'm sick of these media games and both my bags of Give-a-F*** and Courtesy are empty.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »
I think Roadking Larry was being sarcastic.  
Back under Bush Senior the Demorats wanted to investigate whether he'd done something .... the republicans started whining there were no facts to support their claim and the demos retorted the facts didn't matter, the charges were so serious they needed to investigate anyway.
Politics.   [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »

And the corollary to "seriousness of the charges" was invoked later, when there were serious charges leveled at someone on the Dem side:  "we question the timing."

So, if the charges are against conservative entities, it's "the seriousness of the charges."

And, if the charges are against leftist entities, it's important to "question the timing."
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Myself

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121116/US.Libya.Attack/

Good news, Feinstein is going to take care of everything.  We can all relax now, congress is at work.   =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »
I remember a while back there was this big incident that was a front page story everywhere. Something about maybe Libya and some Ambassador or something? Was it like a scandal or how some Americans at the Consulate were culturally insensitive to some Libyans or something? I think maybe it was something like that. I can't remember though, because the only thing on the front pages now is about some sex scandal and horny Generals.

What happened was, the Arab StreetTM was inflamed by the release of a sex tape between an American general and a socialite (which I can only assume is some kind of prostitute). In their righteous indignation, they killed an American ambassador. And then something REALLY terrible happened. Mitt Romney said something about Ben Gazzi. No one knows what he said, but it must have been really bad. I think he strapped Ben to the hood of his car. Or he strapped Sandy to the roof of his car and drove her through New Jersey in a hurricane. Or something.

It was really bad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 02:11:40 PM »
Fistful has been bought off by Obama, I see. [tinfoil] [popcorn] >:D :facepalm: :facepalm:

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »
hmm, September 11th getting close. all the dems are screaming "gm is alive and bin laden is dead".

no that couldn't have had anything to do with it. [tinfoil]

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »

What happened was, the Arab StreetTM was inflamed by the release of a sex tape between an American general and a socialite (which I can only assume is some kind of prostitute). In their righteous indignation, they killed an American ambassador. And then something REALLY terrible happened. Mitt Romney said something about Ben Gazzi. No one knows what he said, but it must have been really bad. I think he strapped Ben to the hood of his car. Or he strapped Sandy to the roof of his car and drove her through New Jersey in a hurricane. Or something.

It was really bad.

I actually thought about making a Ben Gazzara joke, but I can't. The situation and its repercussions are too damn disgusting. =(
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
Dang. I thought this thread was going to be about Brittney Spears. :facepalm:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama