Author Topic: Just when you thought you have seen it all  (Read 4550 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Just when you thought you have seen it all
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
Check it out for yourself.  http://www.usaspending.gov/explore?frompage=contracts&tab=By%20Prime%20Awardee&contractorid=792861783&contractorname=LAW%20ENFORCEMENT%20TARGETS%20INC%20%20%20&frompage=contracts&comingfrom=searchresults&fiscal_year=all

Shocking...

I can see legitimate use for those targets for local LEOs in training to deal with school shootings or domestic violence incidents- they don't all fit the same mold and its not far fetched to see a teen shooting his classmates or a pregnant woman going nutso and killing her own kids, stuff like this happens and Deity bless the cops who have to respond to such incidents.
OTOH, the DOD and DHS have NO legitimate reason whatsoever to be using such targets. They aren't responding to domestic disputes or school shooting, they aren't supposed to be in people's bedrooms or in public parks or schools.

So... what is the purpose of them buying up millions of these targets for 'training purposes?'

This sort of reminds me of stories I've read about the desensitizing training the 'Hitler Youth'  and or young  SS recruits received. Kids were given German Shepard puppies to have and take care of, and after a certain period of time the kids were forced to kill the dogs with their bare hands in order to  break their empathy for living things and make them reliable killers.

Somehow, I find it fairly easy to imagine goon squads 'training' by taking turns firing at these targets posted in front of a freshly dug shallow pit.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »
So... what is the purpose of them buying up millions of these targets for 'training purposes?'

That search only shows that LE INC has sold... something... to DOD.  Not necessarily children and pregnant lady targets.

I get to go to a neat National Guard competition sometimes called All Weapons Weekend, here in AZ.  They have one course of fire called Afghanistan Alley.  Pop-up targets with shoot/no-shoot target identification out to 200 yards, last year.  It's those amorphous green blob plastic 19" wide target backers, with paper targets glued to the face of them.  Some are little ME-looking ladies with veils over their faces, some are your "informant" that you're supposed to recognize due to your pre-operational briefing, some are enemy combatants.

I bet LE INC sells those targets to the NG.

(I can't believe I'm on the side of defending these targets.  They're just paper.  They're not real people.  And they can also be used in shoot/no-shoot situations, like house clearing in a situation where a pregnant mom is holed up in the bedroom after calling 911 and has a gun for legitimate defense.)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
(I can't believe I'm on the side of defending these targets.  They're just paper.  They're not real people.  And they can also be used in shoot/no-shoot situations, like house clearing in a situation where a pregnant mom is holed up in the bedroom after calling 911 and has a gun for legitimate defense.)

^legitimate training purpose^ especially for local LEOs, how often does DHS answer 911 calls?
Show up at your local shooting range with Obama/pelosi/Schumer cutouts and see how long it takes for the Secret Service to pay you a visit.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
^legitimate training purpose^ especially for local LEOs, how often does DHS answer 911 calls?
Show up at your local shooting range with Obama/pelosi/Schumer cutouts and see how long it takes for the Secret Service to pay you a visit.

What about just Sercet Service cut outs?   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
(I can't believe I'm on the side of defending these targets.  They're just paper.  They're not real people.  And they can also be used in shoot/no-shoot situations, like house clearing in a situation where a pregnant mom is holed up in the bedroom after calling 911 and has a gun for legitimate defense.)
These are billed as shoot targets, not no shoot targets.  Sure, you could use them as no-shoots just like you could use the no-shoot police officer targets they advertise as Dorner-type scenario targets ... but that's not why they are sold.

I know they are just paper, but I don't think the intent behind the targets is legitimate for regular practice.

And the guy who used pictures of his own kids?  Yeah, serious problems there.  By the way, if it came out that a regular gun owner used pictures of his kids as targets, how long would it take CPS to take custody?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:47 AM »
You know, just the other day I was thinking that the real problem with cops in this country is that when they jump out of their APC with a ski mask on to kick down someone's door for maybe growing a plant they don't hesitate to shoot any dogs they see, but aren't quite ready to kill pregnant ladies and little kids without thinking about it. So, so glad they're fixing this serious training issue.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »
That company sells all sorts of targets.  What makes you think they are buying the ones in the OP? 

Sorry, I should have added to my post.  This was the link from the article and yes it only shows a dollar amount and LE Inc has a large product line.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
They forgot the one of a 9 month old baby in a crib- slackers- just because she a baby does not mean she can't threaten them. And the guy with CP in a wheelchair- they missed that one too.

I think these targets are designed to reflect one demographic-middle class white gun owners. Period.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
From their website:

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:50 PM »
So they don't sell them online anymore... you have to call in and ask for them directly...

And that last line... defending freedom.. yeah right.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
defending freedom.. yeah right.

Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »
I heard LETargets is also making the plastic coffins for FEMA...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »
I heard LETargets is also making the plastic coffins for FEMA...

Really? ???  [tinfoil]
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Pfft. The FEMA coffins. Right.  :lol:

Everyone knows they have the contract to make the horned goat masks for the Bohemian Grove meetings.  >:D
I promise not to duck.