Author Topic: Tom Baugh REALLY doesn't like New York.  (Read 10220 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Tom Baugh REALLY doesn't like New York.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »
No one is "hating" on the city, unless you consider "not fawning in adoration" hating. But then, I suppose you do.
He still thinks we're secretly jealous.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
High crime.
Not based on population, where one of the safest big cities in the world.

Don't you also have more cops per capita than most anywhere in the US?

Honestly, few people down here give damn about New York good or bad.  If some of the news shows were't broadcasting from there, it just wouldn't come up.  

I used to live in Houston.  They have buses for mass transit.  Trains of any kind for mass transit are not cost effective and don't work compared to the money they cost to build.  Does the New York system pay for itself?  I seem to remember it doesn't, but it does better than systems elsewhere in the US.  That is probably one of the few places in the US where the population density might support a train system.  IMO, Houston is way too spread out to make a fixed transit system work.  I'm happy with that.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
No one is "hating" on the city, unless you consider "not fawning in adoration" hating. But then, I suppose you do.

I guess Fly302's  & Jeff B.'s comments are what you consider an "objective point of view" .  ;/

Funny how no one's commenting on how what I said about how unpatriotic and adolescent people sound when they start advocating secession but yea go ahead and keep harping on the "New York sucks" angle it really proves your point.

Addition:
Ok I should have said one of the best mass transit systems in the world. Better?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
We aren't harping, we're refuting your assertion that we're jealous we don't live in your craphole city.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
You are jealous just admit it.   >:D

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
You are jealous just admit it.   >:D

;/

This would be the arrogance people are referring to in the "I h8 NYC" rants.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »
Your sarcasm meter is broked.   :P

Ok I'm done having my fun.  =D

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
Your sarcasm meter is broked.   :P

Ok I'm done having my fun.  =D
I hope you don't think you've ruffled our feathers or upset us in anyway.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »
Funny how no one's commenting on how what I said about how unpatriotic and adolescent people sound when they start advocating secession
You're possibly thinking of secession as in 1860s US. Think of it as Czechoslovakia circa 1992. Not some silly revolution where deer hunters take potshots at an M1 Abrams. Though the image of bowhunters firing on an armored vehicle is hilarious.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
Fresh air!

Times Square!

The chores!

The stores!

=D

advocating secession

I have absolutely no problem if NYC wants to secede.  :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »
Ahhh . . . Country bumpkins hating on NYC?

Ah, to be a country bumpkin again.  I'll get around to visiting NYC one day, but only after I've found a nice home in the country again. 

Ya just gotta love the rural life, man.  When the sun goes down, it actually gets dark!!  There are stars!  You can see them!  And when you walk around outside, there is grass under your feet!  How amazing!  Trees!  Life! 

Rant off.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
Keep hating we love it  =D

Can see an I <3 NY shirt anywhere in the world, but yea your cities are so much superior. You guys have some really warped views of NYC, well aside from gun laws (which really are that bad) but its cool revel in your perceptions.

You can see Apple, Prius, HK and other similar products around the world too.  I understand you are just entertaining yourself.  However with your statement of the NY t-shirts, just remember that those t-shirts were likely outsold by Pet Rocks.   Which means exactly nothing, it's just marketing.  

I'm quite sure you have a million reasons to love NYC.  I'm sure the majority of them are absolutely true, to you.  Otherwise you'd have moved.  However, folks have thousands of legitimate criticisms.  Each one of them is absolutely true, to them.   In my own mind, one attribute can make Centralia, PA vastly superior to NYC by a rational standard.  For me, it happens to be the gun laws thing you dismiss.  But the taxes, crime, cost of living, traffic, and crowds are all equally valid rational and objective metrics.  Secondary concerns for me, but again, all reasonably valid.

Thought on the smell.  NYC does smell.  Not NEARLY as bad as NJ, I agree with ya.  The air is more stale, tons of routine industrial pollutants, etc.  It'll never compare to being way out in the middle of nowhere with trees and grassland as far as the eye can see.  It's all in what you're used to, perhaps the air of the wilderness would mess with you the way concrete jungles mess with me.  

With a few exemptions, no one here likely hates NYC.  They dislike your fanboy comments.  Same way they'd dislike Glock, HK, Prius, Mac, etc fanboy comments.   It's not even you.   It's the smug aura of a reasonable quality product (or concrete jungle) with an overpaid marketing staff being more than it is.  A Glock or an HK is a perfectly acceptable polymer frame weapon, capable of reasonably accuracy and ergonomics.   NYC is a perfectly acceptable concrete jungle, capable of many positive attributes and economics.  You can scream that your car/gun/computer/jungle is the bestest ever made on the WHOLE WIDE world!   The rest of us will smile kindly (hopefully, folks, remember, this is armed POLITE society), metaphorically pat you on the head, and move on with the perfect understanding that is a perfectly acceptable product of average quality.  
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 07:39:52 PM »
Fresh air!

Times Square!

The chores!

The stores!

=D

Now you've done it.  You dredged "Purple Acres" out of the depths of my memory: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI8NghXvNls

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »
Fresh air!

Times Square!

The chores!

The stores!

=D

Arnold Ziffle would be right at home in NYC.    :lol:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
I feel more anger and annoyance at NYC and the Tri State Area in general (that's New York City, Philly, and most of New Jersey)
than I do for California.

I lived in the Tri State Area for most of the first half of my life, until age 12.  I spent another large part of my life in Northern California.

California gets a lot of hateful and snide attention (not that it's not deserved) but the real hotbed of stupidity, corruption, and nanny-statism is the Tri-State Area, and the east coast from Boston to northern Virginia in general.

I know many people in California that would agree with everyone here about guns, but I know of nobody back east that does.  California has some value and hope.  The east coast has NONE.

I've been back to California countless times, and will probably continue to go.  The only times I've been back to the east coast was for my sister's graduation, and when I was forced to for business reasons.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 01:28:53 AM »
I'm sure the PA and VA APS'ers will be interested in your assessment Nitro.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »

On the money.  There is a corridor between DC and Boston of "occupied territory".  DC, north to Baltimore, north east to Philly, take a hard right to NJ, then head north to NYC, take another right into CT, then straight on to Boston. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »
On the money.  There is a corridor between DC and Boston of "occupied territory".  DC, north to Baltimore, north east to Philly, take a hard right to NJ, then head north to NYC, take another right into CT, then straight on to Boston. 

Speaking for Va, a lot of the great strides we have made in recent years have come from folks in the NoVa region.
To be as "anti" as NoVa is perceived to be, our gunshows are frequently jammed and we have a bunch of gun shops.  Most folks tend to be either Pro or at least not anti.

Chris

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
Speaking for Va, a lot of the great strides we have made in recent years have come from folks in the NoVa region.
To be as "anti" as NoVa is perceived to be, our gunshows are frequently jammed and we have a bunch of gun shops.  Most folks tend to be either Pro or at least not anti.

Chris

Fairfax County has the highest number of concealed carry licenses in the state of Virginia.

I've always explained that NoVA is where the people who have to work in (or near) DC, but aren't crazy gun haters, choose to live.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »
Not to mention NoVa is just amazing historically and visually/nature...ly.
Have I ever mentioned how much I liked fishing in the Shenandoah?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »
I guess Fly302's  & Jeff B.'s comments are what you consider an "objective point of view" .  ;/

Well, I think I'm objective.  =D

Really, I can't stand New York, and the people there are to blame. I've visited every major city in the US, and several in Europe, but only NYC sucks the life out of me and turns me bitter at the thought of going there.

If you like it, more power to you. If NH affects you the same way NYC affects me, I have no problem with that, because I know we all have our preferences.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »

VA south of, say Richmond, and PA west of say, Allentown are the edges of occupied territory, at least back when I lived there, which was AGES ago.  I think "occupied territory" in Virginia has made it as far north as DC now, but I am not sure.

I used to like New York City until I moved near San Francisco.  San Francisco is full of liberals, but down to the bone they are good people, just misguided.  There's intelligence there, and a love of freedom there, just some misguided ideas.  It's hard to explain unless you've actually BEEN and LIVED there.  New York City is gone.  The people there are way too far gone to be of help.

While the governments of both cities look similar, the people are quite different.  In SF, they still value freedom.  The liberal government takes too many cues from the liberals in NYC.

Then again, perhaps I'll admit that it's wishful thinking.  I still have love for California, especially the Bay Area, and would love to see it come around to my new breed of Liberalism: Texas's business friendly atmosphere, with the Bay Area's social libertarianism, and "anything goes" atmosphere.  That'd be paradise to me.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
you know i just remembered one good thing about new york, new york. it's home of B&HPhoto.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »
VA south of, say Richmond, and PA west of say, Allentown are the edges of occupied territory, at least back when I lived there, which was AGES ago.  I think "occupied territory" in Virginia has made it as far north as DC now, but I am not sure.

I used to like New York City until I moved near San Francisco.  San Francisco is full of liberals, but down to the bone they are good people, just misguided.  There's intelligence there, and a love of freedom there, just some misguided ideas.  It's hard to explain unless you've actually BEEN and LIVED there.  New York City is gone.  The people there are way too far gone to be of help.

While the governments of both cities look similar, the people are quite different.  In SF, they still value freedom.  The liberal government takes too many cues from the liberals in NYC.

Then again, perhaps I'll admit that it's wishful thinking.  I still have love for California, especially the Bay Area, and would love to see it come around to my new breed of Liberalism: Texas's business friendly atmosphere, with the Bay Area's social libertarianism, and "anything goes" atmosphere.  That'd be paradise to me.

Again, NoVA is not occupied territory. Maryland is occupied territory. NoVA is contested territory.

We'll see how well contested this election cycle.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought