Author Topic: Five students sent home for displaying American flags on Cinco de Mayo  (Read 5738 times)

grampster

• friend
Slowly but surely the results of multiculturalism, politicaly correct speech, moral equiviliancy, and all of the rest of the pap that has been forced upon America by the so called Progressives is beginning to become obvious. 

The result of failing to secure our borders creates more than a situation where control of immigration is lost.  The reality of it is that our national identity is subverted by illegal immigrants who see America not as a land that they become a part of, but nothing more than a place to establish an arm of what they have left behind.

Theodore Roosevelt had it right when he said that a person who leaves his country of birth and comes to America, but does not become an American and assimilate is less than nothing.  He threw away his past and fails to grasp his future.  What good is a person like that?  Well, we are beginning to see, aren't we. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
I'd like to test all the kids at that school and ask them what Cinco de Mayo is and what it celebrates.  I bet most all of them don't know.  It isn't Mexican Independence Day.  

My boss is from Mexico and grew up there.  It wasn't really celebrated there.  It is a bigger day here because the name is catchy and bars and sell more beer.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
Some of this is just the "entitlement generation" speaking through the immigrant population.  Of course the thoughts and words have been planted there, carefully and insidiously, by crafty adults who dislike and despise America and Americans.  Our educational establishment has become part of "occupied America."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
On MSNBC this morning, a student from the school was interviewed.  She was of the opinion that the students who were sent home owed the school an apology for "disrespecting" them on "their" holiday.

;/
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/School-District-American-Flag-Clothing-Incident-Extremely-Unfortunate-93065324.html

want the 5 suspended for disrespecting their country?  walk out?  keep walking and when they get to their country turn around and wave  write when they find work
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
They should have worn French flag t-shirts on 30 April........
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

taurusowner

On Thursday, about 200 Mexican-American students walked out of class in protest of the flag clothing incident. Members of the group waved the Mexican flag and said they were marching for respect and unity. They also demanded the school suspend the boys who wore the U.S. flag-adorned clothing.

FTFT.  Obviously these students don't want to be "American" in any way.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
On Thursday, about 200 Mexican-American students walked out of class in protest of the flag clothing incident. Members of the group waved the Mexican flag and said they were marching for respect and unity. They also demanded the school suspend the boys who wore the U.S. flag-adorned clothing.

F*** them.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends

Hopefully the five students slam the school hard on this.  Supreme Court has always ruled that students do not give up Constitutional rights at the school door.  And if displaying a US flag is claimed to be incendiary, there's gonna be real interesting repercussions.

Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez needs to understand which country is in.  If any student starts violence, regardless of which side, then he'd be right to step in and deal with said student.  Putting the boot down on US flags, but not on Mexican flags? 

The Supreme Court has consistently ruled that while students don't give up all rights at the school door, there are plenty of exceptions (e.g. speech, search and seizure).  If the school could show it was somehow disruptive, then a court may allow it. 

That being said, I don't agree with the administration at all. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

• friends
heck the school district doesn't agree with the administration. i don't think i've ever seen them turn on an admin that fast before.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Funny, the Irish don't get upset about American flags on Saint Paddy's Day  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
We don't think America was "stolen" from us like a lot of illegal Mexicans and their friends/relatives/descendants do.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
although the brits were warned to stay outa irish neighborhoods in new york during ww2

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Could we please stop talking about the kids' First Amendment rights? The 1A talk assumes that they were doing something offensive or provocative.  The ludicrous idea that displaying an American flag while on American soil could be offensive or provocative is what most needs to be stressed.  It should not be tacitly assumed, as we do when we discuss this as a 1A issue.

And for what it's worth, I don't see anything offensive about a kid wearing a Mexican flag, either. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
On Thursday, about 200 Mexican-American students walked out of class in protest of the flag clothing incident.

Lock the ruttin' door behind 'em.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
although the brits were warned to stay outa irish neighborhoods in new york during ww2

That's a bit different  ;)

(seeing how the USA doesn't have an 800 year history of trying to take over Eirinn)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
So when do we revisit the 14th Amendment and the critical "anchor baby" problem?  And there's the "family reunification" policy.  Both of these are boluses that will never get swallowed in this Republic with any "comprehensive immigration reform," no matter what this White House and its allies want to believe.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Could we please stop talking about the kids' First Amendment rights? The 1A talk assumes that they were doing something offensive or provocative.  The ludicrous idea that displaying an American flag while on American soil could be offensive or provocative is what most needs to be stressed.  It should not be tacitly assumed, as we do when we discuss this as a 1A issue.

And for what it's worth, I don't see anything offensive about a kid wearing a Mexican flag, either. 

IIRC, the standard is disruptive, not offensive or provocative.  I do see your point.  It is asinine that displaying the US flag in the US could be considered disruptive by some idiots.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.