Author Topic: AP: Obama Chooses Kagan for Supreme Court  (Read 6248 times)

Waitone

• friend
Re: AP: Obama Chooses Kagan for Supreme Court
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »
Liberal seat.  Republicans will roll over on this one.  The hope is she will provide an intellectual counterbalance to Scalia and Roberts.

Hopefully republicans will grow a spine when a swing seat opens up.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 04:59:30 PM »
It will instructive to see how the GOP Senators line up on confirmation hearings and what they say.  In some cases it will matter in November.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »
At first I was pleasantly surprised that the most liberal prez ever would nominate a reasonable person with decent credentials. Now the professional conservatives/republicans are coming on strong with the "anti-military" meme. I find that hard to swallow after reading her West Point commencement speech. If she's anti-military, she's a world-class hypocrite and liar. I don't get the sense that she's either.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »
The same question I asked about the wise Latina. Any realistic chance of stopping the nomination?
Not with the current makeup of the Senate, no.  Elections have consequences, Kagan is one of them.

Best we can do is make it known far and wide how terribly unfit Barry O for this job.  This is a prime example of incompetence bred from a blinding ideology.  The more people notice this, the better it will be for our country.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:00:45 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »