Author Topic: Triscuits & Addiction  (Read 3652 times)

Triscuits & Addiction
« on: September 17, 2006, 06:40:06 PM »
Hi,
My name is Steve and I am powerless over Triscuits.

"Hi Steve".

I do not know what happened, honest. I have been really good about my Triscuit addiction.
I have had to put them back on the shelf when they "just jumped into my basket" at the store, we ALL know how that happens.

"Yes we do Steve"

Triscuits "just appeared from out of nowhere" on the kitchen table. I covered them up thinking they would run away being in the dark.
They came into where I was using the computer...

"Oh NO!"

They kept bothering me, you know how Tricuits can be...

"Persistent little devils for sure!"

I did the only thing I could think of to protect myself and "to keep others safe".
I ate the whole box at one sitting. I had to, I did not want anyone else being a victim you understand?

Melted Cheese with jalapeno
Broiled Tomato with Cheese topping
Spinach Dip
Shrimp Soup.
 with my Caesar Salad
Even all by themselves, gotta do something while cooking/ prepping - right?

"Right"

Just wanted to share the Triscuits seem to be appearing from out of nowhere again  must be that time of year.

"Thank you for sharing Steve, we will be taking extra precautions"

crunch....crunch...crunch....crunch...crumbs

Stand_watie

• friend
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »
Quote from: sm
...Melted Cheese with jalapeno..
crunch....crunch...crunch....crunch...crumbs
I'll admit I'm not much of a triscuit eater, but that right there sounded (possibly) good. What type of cheese are you recommending?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Vodka7

• friend
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 06:56:35 PM »
Last week I was snacking on some triscuits and a block of cheddar in the afternoon...  Got to be dinner time, and instead of cooking myself something, I went to the store to buy more triscuits Smiley  Still had some cheese left, after all.

Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
Stand_watie,

Extra Extra Sharp.

This is my favorite , "do everything with" Cheese.

Neat thing about Triscuits, they do Nuke well, unlike other crackers.

I also use a counter top convection oven sometime to heat up , for a short time, such as  ham and cheese. Just a quickie under the "broil" to melt cheese.

Hot jalapeno jack cheese is highly addictive - you have been warned.

Broiled tomatoes, just however one wants to fix them, and put on a Triscuit to eat....yummy!

BakerMikeRomeo

Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »
You put a box of wheat thins, a box of triscuits and any kind of cheese in the same house as my brother and I, and I guarantee you it ain't gonna be there tomorrow.

Steve, search your soul. You cannot resist, you know this to be true. Come to the Cheesy side, and Nabisco will make you more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

~GnSx

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:05:43 AM »
You know what ya call stale Triscuits?

Wicker furniture.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brimic

• friends
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:08:46 AM »
Triscuits are rediculously addictive. I've eaten the whole box in a sitting. I like to put the salty side on my tonge and eat them 1/3 of the wafer at a time. The only downside is the sharp crumbs they leave.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 04:17:59 AM »
Triscuits are fine, but I really prefer the Wheat Thins.  My airline serves Wheat Thins in the "100 calorie" pack.  Those are a perfect snack size.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 05:44:11 AM »
Quote from: Fly320s
Triscuits are fine, but I really prefer the Wheat Thins.  My airline serves Wheat Thins in the "100 calorie" pack.  Those are a perfect snack size.
Yeah, if you have 10 bags on hand...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 06:18:21 AM »
You know what ya call stale Triscuits?

Wicker furniture.
Suggestion:

Targets.

These stale Tricuits/ Cracker make great targets.

Most Challenging Triscuit targets for me have been.

1. Kid set one out about 100 yds and handed me a Red Ryder BB Gun.   I couldn't see the target, much less hit it.  Then I get handed a  kids , iron sighted, .22 single shot rifle, and a .22 short.
Umm ...I did not make the "Long Distance  Smallest Bore Triscuit Shooting Team".

2. Kids make a "Triscuit /Cracker Cabin" .  Just Stale Crackers, and akin to Lincloln Logs, built this "cabin".  They left off front and back "doors".  Used Elmer's Glue to assist with holding together and "some peanut butter that was really yucky we wouldn't eat".

They made it on a piece of scrap wood.  Idea was to shoot through the "cabin" and hit the tin can behind it.  Yardages started close, like 2 yds. Some kids are really young, all kids work together well and support each other.

Cabin kept getting moved further out.  Actually a lot of fun.

And folks wonder why I do not want to grow up...

trapperready

• friend
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 06:52:58 AM »
Steve - If you get the chance, take some shredded smoked pheasant, place a spoonful on top of a Triscuit. Add a bit of goat cheese on top. Blast under the broiler for maybe 30 seconds.

Or, take a venison tenderloin, brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and throw on the grill. Cook until the outside is seared, but the inside is still pink. Remove from heat and place it under tin foil for about 5 minutes. Slice to 1/4" thickness and eat on Triscuits. A variation uses a little fresh rosemary and olive paste made with a mortar and pestle and brushed on with the olive oil.

Mmmm.... hunting and eating. Two of my favorite things!

Art Eatman

• friend
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:39 AM »
Triscuits, bite-sized chunks of Swiss cheese and bite-sized chunks of some favorite sausage.  Nirvana. Smiley

Wheat Thins are a good alternate; say one out of three times of nibbling num-nums.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 08:09:46 AM »
Every man has his monkey.  Mine is a sourdough pretzel!:D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »
Cottage cheese with a light dusting of Emeril's. Can't get enough of the stuff.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 08:24:05 AM »
Art is bad !   *grin*  In a good way.

Venison sausage.  Oh my!  Yummy!

Summer Saugage is fine...but you folks have been warned about Venison Sausage on a Triscuit.

Triscuit Crumbs make great toppings.   I mean one is not supposed to let things go to waste.

Crumbs in the box, sprinkled over a Salad, Baked 'Tater, Soup, all sorts of places besides your lap and floor...

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
Triscuits & Addiction
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 08:46:01 AM »
Trisuits with hummus and tuna on top are delicious.

Pretty good with mayonaise, too.