Author Topic: Free Front Sight Certificates.....  (Read 3649 times)

Cosmoline

• friend
Re: Free Front Sight Certificates.....
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 08:00:06 AM »
If it sounds too good to be true--IT IS.  I wouldn't trust those nutcases any further than I could throw them.  You folks are aware of the mass litigation aren't you?  And you're willing to shill for those people in exchange for training?

are valued at $2000.

BY WHOM!?   

I received my certificate in the mail last week, within a packet from Front Sight...So yes.

No, that only means you received a certificate in the mail.  Just because they're behind it doesn't mean the deal is legit.  I'd think long and hard, and read ALL the fine print, before doing the deal

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 12:43:01 PM »
Cosmo, it's legit.

I exchanged emails with GOA and Frontsight.  Both of them confirmed the deal, and there is no cost to me.  I did have to list the FS links on my (brand new) blog.

GOA is sending me a certificate based on me buying a life membership a few years ago.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Cosmoline

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »
Having to shill for them IS a cost to you.  Whether or not Front Sight is remotely "legit" is the topic of many threads.  Hold onto your wallet real tight if you get there.

My respect for GOA has gone down several notches for getting themselves associated with "Doctor" Piazza (a former chiro)

Piazza is working to build something very few companies understand today. Customer loyalty.

Yeah, and I hear he has a bridge in Brooklyn he's willing to sell Executive Deluxe Platinum Level Legacy Lifetime Membership packages in.  Just a quarter million dollars and you'll be first in line to get a piece of property with a great view!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 07:50:41 AM »
Here's my only concern with this "deal".   The certificates are valued (by frontsight) at $2000....  So what happens if your webpage goes down for a day, and they can't "verify" that you actually still have their ad there?  Do you suddenly become responsible to pay them $2000?Huh??
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »
Here's my only concern with this "deal".   The certificates are valued (by frontsight) at $2000....  So what happens if your webpage goes down for a day, and they can't "verify" that you actually still have their ad there?  Do you suddenly become responsible to pay them $2000?Huh??

Probably.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »

Good question. I don't know. I posted this a couple places, where I thought people would be interested. I don't understand why people are getting bent out of shape over it(noone in particular). If you don't want to do it, or don't think it's a good deal, don't do it. Simple. Myself, Hel, it'll probably be three years before I can attend. So, if my site goes down, I'll return the certificate.
YMMV 
Hi.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 09:24:45 AM »
C'mon, FJ, you're really not that oblivious to the whole Front Sight drama, are you?

You posted about it at THR, too:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=284607

Off-line discussions led to the thread being closed - rightfully so, Oleg ain't paying you to advertise there on his nickel. 

Slimey things happen with respect to Iggy and his business.  It has a smell all of its own. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 04:17:58 PM »
C'mon, FJ, you're really not that oblivious to the whole Front Sight drama, are you?

Actually, I was, until I posted about this offer...

Sure I did. Here and there, I thought folks might be interested...

Off-line discussions led to the thread being closed
Yep, saw that.

- rightfully so, Oleg ain't paying you to advertise there on his nickel. 

Wasn't advertising, as I said, I was trying to share what I thought was a good deal with folks who I thought might appreciate it. There's lots of people post about good sales they've found for ammo, equipment, etc, in the hopes others can get the same good deal. I posted in the spirit of camaraderie amongst gun folks, nothing more. If Oleg or any of the mods had a problem with my thread, I figure they would have said so. It seems they didn't, but as you said, off topic BS got the thread closed.

Don't know what else to say. It was not my intention to upset people, just trying to pass along what I felt was a good offer.......
Hi.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »
It probably would've fared better had it been posted in the Trading Post subforums there.

I've decided I won't give Iggy the exposure on either of my hosted gun-related websites, and that includes the Carnival of Cordite.  I agree with Cosmoline - the man's working fast and furious to raise money to pay off the lawsuits.  Free advertising on others' websites is just one way he can do that with a minimum of investment, especially when he knows the free certificates don't mean a free class, and many who host the links will probably never take advantage of the certificates.  It reminds me of the real estate development tours where you're invited to win free luggage or a TV set if you show up and take the tour.  They know that it'll be a low percentage of folks who actually buy into the plan, but if they get just one or two...

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »
G98,

I've been to Frontsight; took a 4 day handgun class there.  Yes, Piazza does give a big sales pitch, which no one is required to attend.  Aside from his shady business practices, he runs a good shooting school.  I learned quite a bit there, and based on my previous experience, I'd go back.

Would I buy one of the FS memberships?  No.  Mainly because of the location of the school, but also because of Piazza's previous/current business practices.

The guy is smart enough to know that there will be people like me who quick-build a website to host his advertising links just to get the free certificates.  If he's willing to give me a certificate, and honor it, I'm willing to give him the free advertising.  It's a business transaction, nothing more.  He's looking for a quick/cheap/easy increase in the search-engine rankings.  I'm looking for cheap/free training.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 05:51:12 PM »
I'm sure he delivers a quality product, and he very well should.

My training money so far has been spent in LFI-1 and LFI-2, which I consider well-spent. When more training money and time becomes available, I will take advantage of some others, to include Sonny Puzikas' Russian Combat Academy in Sarasota, FL and Clint Smith's Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle course in Lakeview, OR.   

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 04:53:36 PM »
LFI 1&2 and Thunder Ranch are on my list as well.

I don't know anything about Sonny Puzikas' Russian Combat Academy.  Probably not a paintball school, huh?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 08:08:50 PM »
He *might* use paintballs.

His forte', however, as a former Spetsnaz troop, is using the AK to full advantage, and not just squirting bullets out the muzzle, either.  Think of a very fluid version of martial arts (they call it "Systema") with the AK or other handy things as an extension of your person.  Wink

I *think* this is Sonny doing the training in this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76aYHPSSh8

Here, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4sMm74TA64

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 08:52:45 AM »
Don't have time...but I just got my Front Site stuff.  Apparently I have to respond some how to actually get my certificate?
Btw, somewhere on it it said $1,200 OFF, not the full $2,000 free.  But I'm in a hurry.

If those videos are what I think they are then they show some very awesome Spetsnaz troopers showing off their AK skills.  If not I'll try to find them again later, neat stuff.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »
I read it as: "Here is your free training certificate.  By the way, if you want a membership with front sight, we will give it to you for $800 (a $1200 savings!!!) if you reply within 10 days."

Is this correct Fjolnirsson?

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
Yea, I read it on the road.  That's what I got out of it too.
Would be a nice deal I guess if I had the money and lived closer to LV...
Alas, I am on the east coast
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 07:20:09 PM »
Here's the text on the certificate I received:

Front Sight Special Course Certificate
(in exchange for website links)

This certificate good for enrollment in any ONE of the following Front Sight Courses:
Four Day Defensive Handgun
Four Day Tactical Shotgun
Four Day Practical Rifle
Four Day Uzi Submachine Gun
Four Day Select Fire M16

Rules For using Certificates

Certificate is transferable, but not redeemable for cash, and non refundable.
One Certificate per person, per course when enrolling in a four day course
Certificate must be presented with a completed application for training
Certificate has no expiration date.

There's more, bout transfer of the certificate, but mine appears to be for a free(ok, link whored for) course. Those listed are priced at $2000 on the website, as well as the book they sent to me.
Hi.

Strings

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
Which, oddly enough, is the same info I got with mine today...

I gave the cert to my roomie: I figure he's more likely to get the time (and money to cover travel, lodging, etc), and would probably benefit FAR more than I would from this...