Author Topic: At last, a viable solution to global warming  (Read 1490 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
At last, a viable solution to global warming
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »
 grin  You can't make this stuff up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070228/od_afp/canadaenvironmentkyoto;_ylt=AkFNvoTajAmob7k4blMSj4YDW7oF

Former Canadian defense minister:  UFO science key to halting climate change

Wed Feb 28, 1:04 PM ET

OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper said Wednesday.

"I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation ... that could be a way to save our planet," Paul Hellyer, 83, told the Ottawa Citizen.

Alien spacecrafts would have traveled vast distances to reach Earth, and so must be equipped with advanced propulsion systems or used exceptional fuels, he told the newspaper.

Such alien technologies could offer humanity alternatives to fossil fuels, he said, pointing to the enigmatic 1947 incident in Roswell, New Mexico -- which has become a shrine for UFO believers -- as an example of alien contact.

"We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough," he said.

Hellyer became defense minister in former prime minister Lester Pearson's cabinet in 1963, and oversaw the controversial integration and unification of Canada's army, air force and navy into the Canadian Forces.

He shocked Canadians in September 2005 by announcing he once saw a UFO.

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
Re: At last, a viable solution to global warming
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »
I thought the article was going to suggest disconnecting Al Gore's houses from the power grid.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
It would be just our luck to find a spacecraft, find that it's fueled by a substance from another galaxy, and that galaxy has its own version of OPEC.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »
It would be just our luck to find a spacecraft, find that it's fueled by a substance from another galaxy, and that galaxy has its own version of OPEC.

I think it would be even funnier to find that is powered by nuclear energy! I think I would laugh till I cried.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 04:11:24 PM »
But, but, but...

I thought flourescent bulbs and hybrids were going to save the planet. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
The former USAF engineer that came out claiming he studied a working UFO, said that the power system was based on matter-antimatter reaction. So, even if they understand how it works, where do we get the antimatter?

Our only chance in that direction is if the UFO is powered by fusion, because then we might not need extraterrestrial fuel. Even then, it is not clear if the power system would not require exotic materials which we might not be able to reverse-engineer with our current technology and tools.

mountainclmbr

• friend
  • Sunset, Casa Mountainclmbr
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »
I thought George Soros was going to spend his fortune buying carbon credits, causing a premature start of the next ice age.
Just say no to Obama, Osama and Chelsea's mama.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:13:14 AM »
fistful, that's the alien technology he was talking about.  Cheesy
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »
Gee, and all this time I thought it was the "Chemtrails" from government aircraft which were going to cool the planet and stop global warming!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »
Wasn't there some other politico demanding that world governments 'fess up re: alien artifacts not too long ago? Maybe it was the same person.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot