Author Topic: NY Terror Trials  (Read 8861 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
NY Terror Trials
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
I'm hearing reports from my local talk radio show that the terrorist trials in NY are an absolute zoo and being manipulated by the terrorists.

In particular, they are engaging in jury intimidation.

There was an unknown man in a head-covering that mouthed obscenities at jurors and mimed shooting a gun at them.  The woman on trial demanded genealogical background checks and DNA inspection of the jurors to make sure none of them were Zionist conspirators.  Things like that.

One juror, in the middle of the trial, stood up and said: "That's it.  Hold me in contempt of court, I don't care.  I'm not putting my family through this, I'm leaving."  The judge let him go and re-populated his seat with an alternate.  Then another juror did the same thing.

Anyone have links to back up these claims by my talk radio show?

MSM is quiet on it.  Obama/Rahm have too tight a control over the media.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

alex_trebek

• friend
Re: NY Terror Trials
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:58 AM »
The jury selection process may have started, but I don't think the actual trial has. The plan for the trial itself is being debated, I think.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »
http://michellemalkin.com/2010/01/29/cirque-du-jihad-coming-to-a-federal-court-near-you/

<snip>
Now, the savvy “Terror Mom” of three is pulling out all the stops to win a mistrial. Among her Cirque du Jihad antics:

*Demanding that jurors be genetically tested for a “Zionist or Israeli background” to ensure a fair and impartial jury of her Jew-hating peers;

*Ranting about 9/11/Israel conspiracies during voir dire;

*Screaming out loud during the testimony of U.S. Army Capt. Robert Snyder, who was in the room in Kabul when Siddiqui allegedly grabbed an M-4 rifle and proclaimed, “Allah Akbar!” and “I hate Americans! Death to America!” Before being ejected from the courtroom, Siddiqui shouted to Snyder, “You’re lying!” She also babbled about torture at a secret prison;

*And blurting out “I feel sorry for you” to the witness in front of the jury before being led out of the courtroom again.

Siddiqui’s defense team, funded in part by the Pakistani government, asserts that Lady Al Qaeda is so mentally ga-ga that she should not be allowed to take the witness stand. Bleeding-heart human rights groups have dutifully rallied around Siddiqui. She’s Mumia abu Jamal in a burqa. Indeed, her supporters have launched their own “Free Affia” campaign. But two government-retained psychiatrists, working independently, determined last year that Siddiqui’s so-called symptoms of mental illness were attributed to “malingering” and “manipulation.” The judge in the case concluded that she is competent and understands full well the charges against her.

The Crazy Jihadi tactic is in perfect sync with the al Qaeda training manual advising its operatives to claim victimhood status if arrested and put on trial. This act is also in keeping with a long tradition of terror defendants invoking the insanity card – from “20th hijacker” Zacarias Moussaoui (whose lawyers chalked up his mass-murdering ambitions to a traumatic childhood) to Fort Hood massacre Nidal Hasan (whose defense will undoubtedly play up his lonely bachelorhood).

To make matters worse, the New York Post reported this week that an “unidentified man in a white headdress” mouthed an obscenity at the Siddiqu trial and cocked his finger like a gun at two jurors. The jurors were let go; it remains unclear whether the thug in white headdress will be charged and what relation, if any, he has to Siddiqui.

HOW IS THIS NOT IN THE NEWS!!!1eleventyone!1! :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 11:03:16 AM »
Originally I thought you were talking about gitmo detainees. Malkin cites the NYpost in other related blog entries. At least someone is reporting it... Of course reporting it will catch attention of all the crazies. I suspect the idiot making gestures was more mentally unstable than terrorist covert operative.

When this does happen with the gitmo detainees, I think they will have a screening process for spectators.

DenaliPark

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
Originally I thought you were talking about gitmo detainees. Malkin cites the NYpost in other related blog entries. At least someone is reporting it... Of course reporting it will catch attention of all the crazies. I suspect the idiot making gestures was more mentally unstable than terrorist covert operative.

When this does happen with the gitmo detainees, I think they will have a screening process for spectators.

All terrorist covert operatives are mentally unstable, as is most anyone who thinks if they blow themselves up, it's 72 virgins, a hookah, and eternity...

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »

All terrorist covert operatives are mentally unstable, as is most anyone who thinks if they blow themselves up, it's 72 virgins, a hookah, and eternity...

They get hookahs, too? Unfair.  =|

;)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

Disclaimer:

This is about as bleeding heart as I get. I also do not intend to victimize or sympathisize withl them.

I think it is much easier to recruit people who are completely uneducated/illiterate. The only information some of those misguided fools got came from their local religious leader. Some may not have been quite as insane as the MIT woman.

Seriously, the woman on trial is either completely nuts or brainwashed. Perhaps both. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »

All they need is one jihadi who has a clean record and cleans up well to take a gander/photo of the jury.

Then, a number out & about in jury parking to eyeball them getting into their auto (note make, model, plate), and then follow some of them home, torture them & their family to death, and be sure the news media gets wind of it.

Not too difficult, as crime organizations have done similar things.

Disclaimer:

This is about as bleeding heart as I get. I also do not intend to victimize or sympathisize withl them.

I think it is much easier to recruit people who are completely uneducated/illiterate. The only information some of those misguided fools got came from their local religious leader. Some may not have been quite as insane as the MIT woman.

Seriously, the woman on trial is either completely nuts or brainwashed. Perhaps both. 

Your suspicion is not borne out by the facts.  Take a random sampling of jihadis who actually did the deed or were caught planning the deed and you will find they are usually well-educated & western-educated. 

The "Arab Street" or any individual representative of it has been shown to shout alot and go home.  Thye have not proved to be any threat, so far.

The ones you gotta look out for are the foreign students, the immigrants and the immigrants' children.  Goatherders have shown neither the means nor the desire to wage jihad against the West.

The woman is neither nuts nor brainwashed.  She is fulfilling the requirements of her religion (orhtodox Islam) and has been trained how to manipulate the civilian court system.  In Arkansas, welfare mothers direct their progeny to act out in a crazy fashion so they will get a "crazy check" on top of their welfare.  These jihadis are at least as intelligent as welfare leeches and it does not surprise me she is able to make a mockery of the civvie justice system.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
All they need is one jihadi who has a clean record and cleans up well to take a gander/photo of the jury.

^^This.

Say, perhaps, a fella that hid a $26 video recorder in his "white headdress"?  Seeking to make extensive "eye contact" with the jurors?
--Lysander Spooner

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 02:57:22 PM »
 [tinfoil]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
I'm hearing reports from my local talk radio show that the terrorist trials in NY are an absolute zoo and being manipulated by the terrorists.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.  This is exactly what they wanted.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »
There have been numerous articles about this in the New York Times.  I guess the Dems need to brush up on their MSM suppression, eh?  [popcorn]

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:18:25 AM »
This is a strange case.

I'm not sure that there needs to be a plot to explain her behavior.  It's entirely possible that, being subjected to for eight years or so in one of the most notorious prisons in Afghanistan, she went completely out of her mind.  This would not be the first time that has happened as a result of Guantanamo-style detention.

One question: If she's a terrorist, why isn't she charged with...a terrorism offense? 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 07:55:50 AM »
This is a strange case.

I'm not sure that there needs to be a plot to explain her behavior.  It's entirely possible that, being subjected to for eight years or so in one of the most notorious prisons in Afghanistan, she went completely out of her mind.  This would not be the first time that has happened as a result of Guantanamo-style detention.

;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
;/

Counter-;/

Seriously, what is it that SS said that's so outrageous?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
Counter-;/

Seriously, what is it that SS said that's so outrageous?

Its his standard Defense Attorney ploy.  The lady is engaging in what is clearly intimidating behavior, yet SS refuses to see that, and instead pursues some bs alternate theory. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 09:06:54 AM »
Its his standard Defense Attorney ploy.  The lady is engaging in what is clearly intimidating behavior, yet SS refuses to see that, and instead pursues some bs alternate theory. 

She's acting crazy. It could be that she's faking it, but I don't see how her being crazy is an unlikely explanation to her acting crazy.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
She's acting crazy. It could be that she's faking it, but I don't see how her being crazy is an unlikely explanation to her acting crazy.

That wasn't his argument.  His argument was that she was abused in some fashion in prison and that caused it.  Blaming someone else for someone's crazy behavior is standard SS ad hom.  Regardless of why she's acting crazy, she's acting crazy, and trying to intimidate jurors, quite possibly with help from others, which implies conspiracy to do so.
JD

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »
SS does have a small point, though in a means he might not enjoy:
Why the heck is she in the civvie court system at all, charged with anything?

Personally, I would have been fine with her being shot out of hand rather than a damnfool circus trial.  If you really want to get all lawyer-y, a .mil tribunal/trial would have been entirely adequate.   

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
This would not be the first time that has happened as a result of Guantanamo-style detention.

I'm curious as to what is special about a Guantanamo-style detention that drives people crazy.  The conditions there have been revealed recently to be better than the conditions afforded to inmates in US federal penitentiaries.  And yet, we do not see a large number of federal prisoners being driven insane by it.

Somehow, I doubt her actions are so much a result of her treatment by us so much as it is a symptom of severe brainwashing by her terrorist cohorts;  IOW, she was bat *expletive deleted*it insane BEFORE we got to her...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
Who's to say she's insane?  Seems like she's acting out in rational self-interest, trying to prevent jurors from convicting her, trying to further her jihadi ambitions.  She's being entirely sane and sensible.

The insanity lies in trying to pretend terrorists are common criminals who belong in civilian courtrooms.  

This is a circus, a mockery of justice.  Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

<Raises hand>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:25:42 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
From the defendant's perspective, what is in it for her to cooperate with and facilitate the trial process?  Will it have any meaningful impact on the eventual jury verdict and possible sentence?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »
That wasn't his argument.  His argument was that she was abused in some fashion in prison and that caused it.  Blaming someone else for someone's crazy behavior is standard SS ad hom.  Regardless of why she's acting crazy, she's acting crazy, and trying to intimidate jurors, quite possibly with help from others, which implies conspiracy to do so.

No, I think Micro summed up my argument pretty well - sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation, long periods of exposure to high decibel noises, and water boarding are all very well known to cause severe mental illness.

What I'm saying is that yes, she's acting nuts, but it isn't really a stretch to believe that she actually is nuts as a result of her time in Pakistani/Afghan prisons.

jfruser, so who decided she did something that warrants being shot out of hand?  How did we all arrive at the conclusion that this person is actually a terrorist?

It's doubly odd that she's not charged with a terrorist plot.  Why not, if there's proof that she's a terrorist?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »
I'm curious as to what is special about a Guantanamo-style detention that drives people crazy.  The conditions there have been revealed recently to be better than the conditions afforded to inmates in US federal penitentiaries.  And yet, we do not see a large number of federal prisoners being driven insane by it.

Somehow, I doubt her actions are so much a result of her treatment by us so much as it is a symptom of severe brainwashing by her terrorist cohorts;  IOW, she was bat *expletive deleted*it insane BEFORE we got to her...

How do we even know she had any terrorist cohorts, terrorist training, or involvement in terrorism?

But yeah, as I posted above, sleep deprivation, water boarding, blasting people with loud noises, and shackling people in stress positions for long periods of time have all been proven to cause mental illness.  All of these things were done at Bagram and Guantanamo.

I'm not sure why it's outrageous to speculate that maybe, since she was in exactly those circumstances, she might, you know, be insane as a result of all that business that we know causes insanity.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 11:58:05 PM »
All of these things were done at Bagram and Guantanamo.

So prisoners in US federal penitentiaries are treated worse than that? Or are the conditions at Guantanamo not better than US penitentiaries?