Author Topic: why the aftermath of this election will be bitter - stuff like this:  (Read 3233 times)

longeyes

• friend
My comment?  Such actions profane the gods; the ancients had appropriate punishments for this kind of flagitious activity.  I would not dignify such behavior with psychological "explanations."

October 31, 2008 |

FORT CAMPBELL, KY–  On Thursday, October 30,, a military family member reported two men pretending to be a casualty notification officer and chaplain visited her home and falsely notified her that her deployed Soldier had been killed.

The man impersonating the notification officer was wearing a Class A “dress green†uniform and the other was wearing civilian clergy attire.

There have been a few incidents of this nature in the past two months involving family members living off post, but Thursday’s incident occurred on post. The spouse did not allow the pair into her home and when they left contacted the Family Readiness Support Assistant and Rear Detachment Commander to confirm the information. The command let her know her spouse is still alive and worked to put him in contact with her as soon as possible. Military police were notified and a police report was taken at the scene.

Before Soldiers deploy, they and their families are offered a series of briefings to prepare for the separation. One of those briefings is about the casualty notification process. When a Soldier dies, a notification officer and military chaplain, both in Class A uniform,  not civilian clergy attire, are sent to notify the next of kin in person. Family members can confirm the information with the Soldier’s unit. Typically, the notification team will not leave the family member’s home until a friend, another family member or  arrives to assist.

Anyone with information about the false notification incidents are encouraged to contact Fort Campbell Police at (270) 798-2677. Anyone who believes they are being falsely notified should call 911 to alert local police immediately.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: why the aftermath of this election will be bitter - stuff like this:
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
We need to set up a "Coventry", along the lines of the RAH story.  Banish these folks.  Send them through the gate with nothing but the clothes they are wearing.  Or maybe not even that much.  In the dead of winter.

Edit:  Does this really fit in the Politics section?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:50:10 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:00:49 PM »
Politics is about the human community and how we organize it for our mutual benefit, what rules of civilized behavior are established and honored.  So my answer is yes.  But I don't run this place. 

I will say this: this kind of extravagant behavior that flouts the most basic moral standards will definitely have political implications in America's future.  It wounds the body politic and makes any kind of coming together and cooperation impossible.  People who talk about "healing" America have a lot of work ahead of them.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »
I wonder if these posterior emulators were trying to make a political statement with their actions, or were they just trying to prank someone in a particularly heinous fashion?
What the hell was their motive?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
Just another of those "let's strike back at authority" things.

I'm guessing that it's probably some sort of crime to impersonate an active duty soldier.

The guy could, in fact, be a spy looking to gain information.

Anyone got a rope?

Blog under construction

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
I would not dignify such behavior with psychological "explanations."
Yeah, don't care about the explanation.  Somebody please tell me that this kind of behavior is a felony.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »
Yeah, don't care about the explanation.  Somebody please tell me that this kind of behavior is a felony.
I think impersonating a soldier is a crime, but maybe not a felony.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 02:24:07 PM »
I'd be okay with calling them a spy and sending them off to Gitmo for a little vacation, personally.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »
I agree, I don't understand the motive here.  Of course, I don't understand any of these anti-war types very much.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »
People who talk about "healing" America have a lot of work ahead of them.

Unfortunately, longeyes, the only "healing" the leftist extremists have in mind is gutting America and turning our nation into a larger, slightly more prosperous version of East Germany.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
So true.

What's the motive here?  I think it's a kind of viciousness that comes from the deepest kind of self-loathing, then projected upon the strong and honorable.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »
And if I were you I'd change my pants to grown-up ones.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »
Long, it's just Rules for Radicals.

In transforming the State, one must destroy it, by any means necessary.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
And if I were you I'd change my pants to grown-up ones.

And with that, a thread is locked.

Try to be nice to each other next time...

Chris