Author Topic: why the drug war fails one reason  (Read 2155 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
why the drug war fails one reason
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
In Mexico, the powerful drug mafias pay about $1.2 billion in bribes to municipal police each year, Public Safety Secretary Genaro Garcia Luna said. They are so corrupt and poorly trained that President Felipe Calderon wants to disband the city police departments and replace them with state forces.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/30/AR2010083004187_2.html?waporef=obinsite&sid=ST2010083005809

in the face of that kinda  cash its no wonder we lose   we need a new tactic
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: why the drug war fails one reason
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »
Like decriminalization?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
More like taxation.

Make your profits.  But Uncle Sugar (how do you say that in Spanish?) is going to get a cut.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
President Felipe Calderon wants to disband the city police departments and replace them with state forces.

That's why some here would love the drug war to fail. A statist's wet dream.

Decriminalize possession and tax, Predator drones looking for the known traffickers.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
More like taxation.

Make your profits.  But Uncle Sugar (how do you say that in Spanish?) is going to get a cut.

stay safe.
Kind of.  Decriminilization and Taxation both.  The insane profit margins must fall for the criminal element to step out of the drug business. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
In this instance, how does one tell the difference between a bribe and a tax  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »
In this instance, how does one tell the difference between a bribe and a tax  ???

Taxes are legal. 
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »
Taxes are legal. 

So a tax is a legalized bribe  ???

Actually, that makes a lot of sense when you think about it ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 08:22:56 PM »
Taxes are re-distributed for the common good. Bribes go in the official's pocket. For instance you would never buy yourself a luxurious vacation to Spain with tax money, but that is a great use of a bribe.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
Taxes are re-distributed for the common good. Bribes go in the official's pocket. For instance you would never buy yourself a luxurious vacation to Spain with tax money, but that is a great use of a bribe.

Wait a minute . . . .

I see what you did there.     =D
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »

Heh.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

:facepalm:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
Good for the economy.  The half of America that isn't strung out can work in the drug rehab clinics.  Full employment is just around the corner.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.