Author Topic: Why Trump is Popular  (Read 4161 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Why Trump is Popular
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
And it probably won't go away, no matter how much the establishment tries.  He has what's known as FU money.  He doesn't need the RNC.  Watch how he refuses to play the presses' games.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/20/video-donald-trump-anchor-baby-ill-still-say-it-even-if-its-not-politically-correct
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
Re: Why Trump is Popular
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:21 PM »
They hate him for putting inconvenient truths that aren't supposed to be talked about front and center.
The more the press try to harangue him, the more they play into his game and the more free notoriety he gets  >:D

I dislike him at a very visceral level, but I'll support him as long as he's pulling back curtains.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »
I saw something where he said he'd name Trey Gowdy as AG if elected (it was a FB link, so I'm not sure as to fact).  That being the case I would vote for him.

The "I'm not going to play your game" thing is a political breath of fresh air.  He doesn't need the RNC, nor anyone to pay for his campaign.   Therefore he cannot be bought nor sold, ala the Clinton Foundation and the many spineless RINO's.

He's also speaking to the issues near and dear to average Americans "You can't find a good job, because the illegals are undercutting both jobs and wages.  I'll end that."  Anything else is simply nice to have.   

If it appears that he may seriously become the GOP nominee and/or President, we may see illegals begin to "self-deport" ala Operation Wetback.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »
They hate him for putting being inconvenient

FIFY
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »
The establishment GOP will not allow Trump to be the nominee. Nobody that tells the truth like he's been doing would be allowed the nomination.
Unfortunately my bet is that once the rinos make sure he isn't on the GOP ticket he'll go 3rd party and ensure a win for whichever POS the DNC eventually runs. I still expect that to be Hillary.

I'm starting to warm up to Trump. The country is *expletive deleted*ed no matter who gets in, might as well be entertaining.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »

I'm starting to warm up to Trump. The country is *expletive deleted*ed no matter who gets in, might as well be entertaining.

Trump is the '*expletive deleted*ck you' candidate.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »
I guess there's no point in donating to his campaign, huh?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:40 AM »
He's also speaking to the issues near and dear to average Americans "You can't find a good job, because the illegals are undercutting both jobs and wages.  I'll end that."  Anything else is simply nice to have.   

Considering his stated stance on outsourcing US jobs overseas, and that all of his clothing and other branded material is made in China or Vietnam, might want to take his positions with a grain of salt. I'm sure he believes what he says at the exact moment he says it. Then goes and does whatever is best for himself.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
Considering his stated stance on outsourcing US jobs overseas, and that all of his clothing and other branded material is made in China or Vietnam, might want to take his positions with a grain of salt. I'm sure he believes what he says at the exact moment he says it. Then goes and does whatever is best for himself.

Far be it from me to defend Trump, but maybe he could "insource" more stuff if the tax/regulation climate here was more favorable to his business.

There's no contradiction between wanting more jobs in America, but creating/moving jobs overseas. The market is as it is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 10:18:12 AM »

Far be it from me to defend Trump, but maybe he could "insource" more stuff if the tax/regulation climate here was more favorable to his business.

There's no contradiction between wanting more jobs in America, but creating/moving jobs overseas. The market is as it is, a reality which our interventionist regulation and tax policies distort to the benefit of the political class and their patrons. Trump presents risk to this gravy train.

Supplemental detail.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:37 AM »
Trump is the '*expletive deleted*ck you' candidate.

Ain't he, though?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »

There's no contradiction between wanting more jobs in America, but creating/moving jobs overseas. The market is as it is.

I don't disagree. However, one can look unfavorably on people who very loudly hold one position and then do something completely different. They may have good reasons for it, I don't doubt that for a moment. Nor am I waving my hands in the air like some kind of communist or hippy and saying burn the witch. 

It's not a contradiction, so much as an indication of one's character, integrity and priorities. Though at this point, all three of those should be rather clear.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 10:30:32 AM »
I don't disagree. However, one can look unfavorably on people who very loudly hold one position and then do something completely different. They may have good reasons for it, I don't doubt that for a moment. Nor am I waving my hands in the air like some kind of communist or hippy and saying burn the witch. 

It's not a contradiction, so much as an indication of one's character, integrity and priorities. Though at this point, all three of those should be rather clear.

Given that every candidate can likely be tarred with the brush of hypocrisy, and "political integrity" deserves pride of place in the pantheon of oxymorons, the issue becomes one of relative utility in achieving a desired outcome.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
Considering his stated stance on outsourcing US jobs overseas, and that all of his clothing and other branded material is made in China or Vietnam, might want to take his positions with a grain of salt.

Whose isn't?

I'm not a "supporter," but he sure knows how to say what I think about a lot of the basura the hyperlibs dish out.

"Undocumented," indeed.  You mean "illegal," Mr. reporter.  I'll stick with "anchor babies," too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:20:43 PM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »

IMO, doing production overseas and at the same time wishing the legal/regulatory system here favored domestic production is not hypocrisy or poor character.  There are ways it could be those things, but it depends. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 12:36:04 PM »
I guess there's no point in donating to his campaign, huh?

:rofl:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »

As far as I can tell he has no character or integrity, and his priority is accumulation of wealth power and prestige for himself. So, exactly like every other candidate.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 02:25:11 PM »
As far as I can tell he has no character or integrity, and his priority is accumulation of wealth power and prestige for himself. So, exactly like every other candidate.

Well, at least he's being an opportunist by attacking the very things I'd like an opportunist politician to attack.

Or any politician.

At least if he's elected, it seems like he'll attack problems (even ones he's not familiar with) in a businesslike manner instead of the wishy-washy bubbleheaded party-directed way our present politicians (with few exceptions) merely massage with fluffy ideological nonsense.

One hopes.

At the very least, he's demonstrated to both parties what they might want to pay attention to, political correctness aside.

Let the Europeans and Far Easters develop their own "one world" and then we can deal with them on that basis.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
If it appears that he may seriously become the GOP nominee and/or President, we may see illegals begin to "self-deport" ala Operation Wetback.

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished.
(Shakespeare)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »

Either I'm way off on what Trump is actually saying (possible, as I don't pay much attention to Trump, so I don't know what his position is), or you just aren't getting it. Not sure which.

It depends on whether he's denouncing outsourcing per se, or denouncing the regulatory regime that makes outsourcing the best choice for so many companies. If he's castigating the businesses who outsourced, rather than the gov that put them up to it, then I'd agree it reflects poorly on his character. If his criticism is reserved for the government, there's no inconsistency.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Why Trump is Popular
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »
Well it had to happen.
I agree totally

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 09:39:40 AM »
I'm sorry, but I don't see a genuine problem with Donald Trump's so-called hypocrisy.  As he said in one interview, he was wearing a tie made in China because that's what's available.

As a businessman, one has to generate profit in the legislative (and cultural) milieu in which one finds oneself.  If it makes more sense to outsource something or "buy foreign" because of subtle or direct government pressure to do so (the "legislative milieu"), then that's the reasonable choice to make as a businessman.

For personal reasons, I dislike products made in one particular country, but given a choice between two automobiles with virtually identical specs, and the one from the country I dislike is 20% cheaper, my decision usually tends toward buying the cheaper one... personal dislikes notwithstanding.

Hypocrisy?  Or obeying my wallet's demands?

Who among us has not bought a pair of special-purpose pliers from, say, (insert Discount Tool House of your choice), even though the pliers are made in...

Who among us has not bought running shoes from...

Who among us will throw the first stone called "hypocrisy?"

Who among all those candidates is also wearing a tie made in China?

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:21:38 AM by 230RN »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »
For lots of products, there are no American made equivalents readily available.  It's not like you can go into the hardware store and find a separate bin or aisle for American made plumbing supplies.

Although after the last Chinese gate valve that I bought, I'm wishing that there was  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »
The way I've seen Trump from the get go is as someone who's just stirring the pot to see what floats to the top and he'll pull out once he's done enough damage to the established status quo of politics.
The fact that he's gained so much more traction this time around just shows how fragile that system has gotten in the last few years.
I think he'll do the same as last time, and pull out when someone he thinks is worth supporting comes along, but only after the damage he does gives that person the momentum to keep going.

And I'll enjoy it to the hilt. It's fun to see the major news media scrambling over his antics.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
I find it funny how he does not speak of Employers being the real problem regarding illegal immigration. Listen, if no one hired them, they wouldn't come. Not in those numbers.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"