Author Topic: Communism: what is it?  (Read 3265 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Communism: what is it?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »
Communism and Marxism won't ever work because it is based on an adolescent fantasy(1) of Marx's, where two great forces collide, destroying the present order and a new order coming out of the chaos.  All the rest of his work had the objective of proving forth his fantasy.  By sifting the record of history and UK bureaucracy, throwing out everything that did not align and keeping that which did.  Marx natters on interminably about industry and the working class, without ever having set foot in a factory his own self and holding factory workers in contempt.

To take Marx seriously is to beclown oneself.

(1) As in, "fantasy Marx had while a teenager."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
What is Communism?   It's a branch of entomology.

Studying insects?  ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »
Don't forget that wonderful "labor theory" of value, wherein the intrinsic value of a thing is determined by how much labor is expended to produce it.  It served as an underpinning of the whole "working class Utopia" model.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
Don't forget that wonderful "labor theory" of value, wherein the intrinsic value of a thing is determined by how much labor is expended to produce it.  It served as an underpinning of the whole "working class Utopia" model.

Hey, I spent a whole lotta time polishing that turd!  It oughta be worth beau coup $$$.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 09:42:52 PM »
Hey, I spent a whole lotta time polishing that turd!  It oughta be worth beau coup $$$.
You have correctly identified Herr Marx's intellectual silliness. 
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 12:34:17 AM »
To take Marx seriously is to beclown oneself.

What is Communism?   It's a branch of entomology.

Love this place.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:47 AM »
What do we think folks?

All self-described communist countries had totalitarian oligarchies. Castro in Cuba, Kim family in North Korea, Politburo in USSR, Princelings in the PRC. Communism was just propaganda for the masses, and was only enforced on the masses. Practical communism appears to be a variation of feudalism. Heavily family oriented groups acted as "lords", often with a "King" figure, which kept the peasants in their place as serfs.

Self-styled capitalist countries (even communist countries had some capitalism) do have their own political lords and clans. But usually less "life or death" related powers. Capitalist oligarchies have limited ability over civil liberties, rule of law, etc. Their power is mostly economic.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.