Author Topic: All cool places between gattlinburg TN and Tybee Island GA  (Read 793 times)

All cool places between gattlinburg TN and Tybee Island GA
« on: March 30, 2006, 04:09:15 PM »
Leaving tomorow on the big road trip, and i was hoping for last min.  tips and places to visit.  post yer faves, anything and everything.  

I got my first good piece of advice today....  Keep rubber side down! cool

mfree

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 04:30:57 AM »
No dude, it's shiny side up Smiley

Ok, between gatlinburg and Tybee Island (Savannah, for the uninitiated)... what route are you taking?

If you come west a bit, go to Maryville and eat at the Lotus Blossom (think that's right) there near the corner of 321 and 129 bypass. Great Thai. Then you can run down 411, stop at Crockett Creek Beef Jerkey (careful, you'll miss it) and pick up a pound or two of very very good jerky for your trip. A ways down 411 you'll hit 129, which is the DRAGON. tailofthedragon.com . Good way to hop you back over the mountains. Take a camera and a barf bag. 129 will eventually hit 19, which will run through Cherokee on the way back over to I-85. You have now successfully skirted the national park, meaning you haven't broken the law concerning your GUNS. You are taking them, right?

Someone else will have to take it from the NC side, I've run out of knowledge. Smiley

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 06:26:17 AM »
Thanks,  thats a good start.  route is static,  I go where i see something cool cool  as for the national park thing, i don't care.  longs as i don't so something stupid and the truck and trailer get searched, no one should be the wiser.