Author Topic: McCain Blames 'Greed' for Recession  (Read 19767 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: McCain Blames 'Greed' for Recession
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »
So by not voting, you're making yourself completely irrelevant to the entire American political process.

Whatever floats your boat. smiley

You missed the point.  If enough of us withhold our vote for one election cycle, we will have an impact.  That is not 'irrelevance'.  'Irrelevance' is me voting Republican, when California's electoral votes will go to the Democrat.  In any event, any single vote is 'irrelevant'.  Your vote is irrelevant to the 'entire American political process'. 

No, actually, it just means that less people vote, and the total for who wins the White House comes from a smaller number of people. It doesn't change anything.

Right.  Because to change anything takes balls.  Which both the current Republican party and their constituency lack.  Evidenced by your idea of a 'win' is a McCain presidency. 

Pitiful, Manedwolf, just pathetic.

Pitiful my ass.  He's right, you're wrong.  By not voting at all, you piss away any chance to make a change.  Instead, you allow the most radical elements of the parties to take over and control the voting.  If you want to protest, vote for a third party candidate. 
After examining all the available options, you then see that nobody resembles your beliefs closely enough, you decide to not vote, that would make more sense. 
Lack of voter turn out is read as apathy by the MSM.  If enough people vote third party, however, that will be a slap into the face of the (R)'s and (D)'s. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »
By not voting at all, you piss away any chance to make a change.

I've voted Republican in every election since 1968 and the only change has been for the worse-bigger government, more spending, more debt, and fewer freedoms.  I'm done voting Republican.  But you McCain supporters go ahead.  A win for you is a McCain presidency.   Good luck with that-if it even happens.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2008, 01:00:29 AM »
Staying at home and not voting....not good....

Voting for a third-party candidate that represents your values....better idea.

Remember, both parties hire consultants to study voting trends and come up with ways to get the votes they didn't get in the last election. If enough people vote Libertarian/Constitution/etc. Party, then that sends a message to the GOP of where they have to go to get the votes back....esp. since they have a snowball's chance of winning....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2008, 04:02:48 AM »
By not voting at all, you piss away any chance to make a change.

I've voted Republican in every election since 1968 and the only change has been for the worse-bigger government, more spending, more debt, and fewer freedoms.  I'm done voting Republican.  But you McCain supporters go ahead.  A win for you is a McCain presidency.   Good luck with that-if it even happens.

So the only available votes are for (D) or (R) candidates?
Have they banned third parties in Kalifornistan?
http://www.lp.org/
http://www.constitutionparty.com/
http://www.gp.org/index.php
As soon as one of the third party candidates breaks double digits in a national election....the MSM and the main parties will have to notice.  When the (L) party robs the (R) party of an election, or the (G) party robs the (D)'s of one....they will have to notice.  But you're too stuck in your apathetic rhetoric to care?Huh?
Hell, write in Fistful.
I know you think we're all (R) Patsy rube hillbillies with no teeth, 6 children and a bible, but you're sorely mistaken.
And you're making a fool of yourself by jumping up and down and insulting those who ardently support thier party.

Oh, and PS:
Last time the (R)'s lost the Presidency was to Clinton.  And the (R) party gave us Bush in answer to that.  But, go ahead, stay home, and give the election to the Christian Conservatives on the Right, and the frothing-at-the-mouth-Liberals on the Left.  Brilliant.

I've explained it everyway I can figure.  If you're still insistant that staying home and drinking PBR on Election day is the best thing to do....well then any respect for you I had left is gone.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2008, 04:18:46 AM »
Tired of the bickering and attacks from the usual suspects.  Closed.

Chris