Main Forums > Politics

War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....

<< < (624/626) > >>

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on April 01, 2024, 01:55:38 PM ---I wonder how many of the arrestees were actually connected to the bombing, and how many might have just fallen afoul of the, "Round up the usual suspects", routine.  Does the ex-SovUnion do that sort of thing?
Then again, maybe I've just watched "Casablanca" too many times.

--- End quote ---
Everybody does that sort of thing. 

dogmush:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on April 01, 2024, 01:55:38 PM ---I wonder how many of the arrestees were actually connected to the bombing, and how many might have just fallen afoul of the, "Round up the usual suspects", routine.  Does the ex-SovUnion do that sort of thing?
Then again, maybe I've just watched "Casablanca" too many times.

--- End quote ---

Well Russia is an oppressive government that routinely violates human rights.  I suspect they have used this as an opportunity to round up anyone that was even near the building whose politics they don't like.  Leaders of groups that are critical of the government will be arrested for their statements, even if they were never even in the same city as the attackers. Also this is an opportunity to snatch up and jail any members of the press that are sympathetic to the group.

You know, the normal stuff oppressive dystopian governments do.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: dogmush on April 01, 2024, 07:30:39 PM ---Well Russia is an oppressive government that routinely violates human rights.  I suspect they have used this as an opportunity to round up anyone that was even near the building whose politics they don't like.  Leaders of groups that are critical of the government will be arrested for their statements, even if they were never even in the same city as the attackers. Also this is an opportunity to snatch up and jail any members of the press that are sympathetic to the group.

You know, the normal stuff oppressive dystopian governments do.

--- End quote ---

*cough* J6 *cough*

Ben:
We probably need more sources and a confirmed translation. Otherwise, fast-tracking Ukrainian membership in NATO right this second kinda makes me want to order some potassium iodide tablets.

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2024/04/04/ukraine-joining-nato-n2394750

Jim147:
https://twitter.com/FunkerActual/status/1775928114805080430

Know who gets to be the one with the hammer hitting them on the nose to check for duds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version