Author Topic: Ladies, Why So Quiet?  (Read 9027 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ladies, Why So Quiet?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 03:24:46 AM »
I regret participating in an attempt to take this thread off-topic, but I will post about this one more time.  If I have "sniped" anyone or taken a holier-than-thou attitude, please send me a PM, and let me know where I have gone wrong.  I do post far too much here, for reasons I can't quite explain right now.  No, I'm not unemployed or in minimum-security, just have more time on my hands lately. 

You came in, told someone else they were the reason women don't post here, and then called Hunter Rose a girl as if it was some kind of insult.

The first is simply not true.  The second is quite true, but I thought we would all be able to take a joke - a long-standing joke between me and Hunter Rose.  If you don't feel it is an insult for a man to be called a woman, or a woman a man, then you are in the minority.  Your quarrel is not with me, but with human nature. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 03:38:41 PM »
Whatever, Fistful. The question was why women don't post here. I can't speak for all of womankind, us not being the Borg and all, but only for myself. The main reason is you and your behavior on various threads lately. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee but there you go.

If something is going on in your life that is causing you to accidently obnoxious, I'm sorry. You used to be much more thoughtful, or so it seemed, and I'm disappointed. Whatever it is, I hope it resolves itself. Soon would be good.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 04:07:04 PM »
Barbara,

Been meaning to thank you for all your hard work on our dove hunting proposal.
When I saw the ads the anti's were running of the bird flapping piteously on the ground, and calling them "songbirds" (which they are not) and "target practice" (I actually heard this talking point coming out of the mouths of folks around here) I knew we were lost.  I live in a rural area where hunting is king and the proposal went down even here in Newaygo county two to one.

My wife even got distressed with me for convincing her to vote yes after she saw the ads.  We voted absentee a couple weeks early.  The anti's play hardball.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »
Had a couple of old ladies offer to shoot me at Cabelas for killing the bird of peace. Smiley

We were outspent from the start. Maybe people will wake up now..who knows? I just figured if it crashed and burned, it wasn't going to be my fault.

My goal this year is to raise money for pro-gun candidates..one fundraiser a month. Looks like I'm covered through April (Tentatively: January: Chili cook-off in Howell. February - .22 indoor pin shoot in Jackson. March - some kind of rifle thing in BC. April - Machine Gun/50 Cal. Shoot in Lapeer.)

Anyhow. Fistful. If I'm being mean, I apologize. But please, give it some thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 06:27:09 PM »
The main reason is you and your behavior on various threads lately.
Funny.  I'm not on any of the other gun boards where Ladysmith has noticed the same trend. 

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 12:42:33 AM »
Well, there you go, Fistful. It's not you, it's me. Have fun.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 08:19:07 AM »
I haven't posted all that much lately.   And I realize that may be a relative statement, but based on my habitual participation, it's true.

That's because I'm dealing with some hard personal stuff right now.

I really miss the kind of atmosphere of friendship we had when discussing our fellowship of Christians, Jews, and other spiritual folks thread. 

I miss the great discussions of computer upgrades, single malt scotches, vintage cars, frugal/luxurious living, and so on.

I don't know why; but lately it seems the signal to noise ratio has gone from really good to really crappy.  That can't be done by any one person, and it can't be corrected by one person, either.  undecided

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:19 PM »
I really miss the kind of atmosphere of friendship we had when discussing our fellowship of Christians, Jews, and other spiritual folks thread. 

I miss the great discussions of computer upgrades, single malt scotches, vintage cars, frugal/luxurious living, and so on.

I don't know why; but lately it seems the signal to noise ratio has gone from really good to really crappy.  That can't be done by any one person, and it can't be corrected by one person, either.  undecided
It's election season - or was. I've noticed a whole lot more Politics related threads lately which is to be expected before and after an election.

Politics is one of the big three that it is said shouldn't be discussed among friends.

Give it a month and things will calm down and thread topics will drift more towards what we enjoy and away from any but the most dramatic of current events.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »
Fistful, please refer to my sig, and go heat the water.    smiley
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 08:41:46 PM »
Had some last night - sore throat.  Actually, it was black cherry flavor stuff.  Pretty good, though I usually find flowery, fruity teas to be little better than brown water.  Orange Pekoe is my mainstay - hot or iced.

How am I the one that needs to lighten up?  If anything, others are offended that I'm too, er, light. 

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 11:50:22 AM »
I'm not a lady, but I don't post often because I go in cycles.
Currently, I'm in an "ignore the forums" cycle. 

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »
I haven't posted all that much lately.   And I realize that may be a relative statement, but based on my habitual participation, it's true.

That's because I'm dealing with some hard personal stuff right now...

We're here for you buddy. Take your time and come back to it when you're ready. P.M. me if you need somebody to commiserate regarding life dumping on you at times.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
I've been too darned busy.  I used to read this forum in the evening, while watching TV, but this semester I've had two night classes dumped on me.  Losing my evenings has taken a toll on my socializing, housekeeping and keeping up with grading and class prep. 

I read my usual smattering of threads, comment here and there and crawl back into my burrow of papers.

Besides, I get enough grumbling, crabbing and arguing points that no one will budge on at work, especially this year.

Experiment with a chemist!