Author Topic: What defines an anger problem?  (Read 5964 times)

What defines an anger problem?
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:44:23 PM »
I'm just curious. I've been told that I have one.

Does anyone have a list of points on a scale so that I can see my position?

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 07:30:12 PM »
If you punched the guy who told you that, you have an anger problem.

Preacherman

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 08:16:44 PM »
A pile of broken computer parts could signify mine
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 09:09:38 PM »
When someone tailgaits you on a one lane road with shoulders, do you slow down or pull over?

Edit: Spleling!
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 09:17:34 PM »
"When someone tailgaits you on a one lane road with shoulders, do you slow down or pull over?"

I throw a box of roofing nails out the window.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Winston Smith

• friends
    • My Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 09:44:21 PM »
Hehehe.
Jack
APS #22
Right?

Winston Smith

• friends
    • My Photography
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 10:17:14 PM »
I find just letting them go ahead to be the most satisfying tactic... watchign them get to the spolight about 8 seconds faster. Way to go.
Jack
APS #22
Right?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 05:02:27 AM »
Springloaded center punch, Blackburn.

You can pull up beside them and in about 1/2 second reduce the side windows to pebbles.

Years ago in Pennsylvania, on a fairly deserted stretch of road in the middle of the night, I had a car pull up behind me and crawl in my trunk. We were the only cars on the road, he could have passed, but he stayed TIGHT on my bumper. I sped up, he sped up, I slowed down, he slowed down. That went on for about 5 miles, and I was REALLY getting freaked out.

We came to a stretch that I knew was fairly straight, and there was about a half moon out, so I simply shut off the lights in my car. Headlights, marker lights, everything. Just turned them off, and left them off for about 5 seconds.

In 5 seconds I think the other car dropped back probably 15 car lengths.

I rammed the gas, got around a sharp curve, and took a side road.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 08:57:13 AM »
Mike, years and years ago I noticed that in dreiving around west Texas, cars would rapidly overtake me and then as they got close, they'd tailgate.  They'd finally pull out and pass, and invariably they'd be from California.

I finally had occasion to drive to California and discovered the reason:  All it was, they were lonesome!

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Paddy

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 09:09:02 AM »
The root of anger is fear.  Conquer your fears and your anger will evaporate. Smiley

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 11:05:33 AM »
Here is a very unscientific quick test:

http://www.queendom.com/tests/minitests/fx/anger.html

Does your anger affect your friends and family?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 11:59:59 AM »
20, me.    BB:  I guess you have an answer to your question.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 02:45:57 PM »
Results of "The Test"  
How angry are you?

Your score = 50

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 02:54:45 PM »
"The root of anger is fear.  Conquer your fears and your anger will evaporate."

Over simplification.

That's ONE root of anger.

The other is being so freaking pissed off at someone else for something stupid they've done that you want to rip their esophagus out with your teeth.

That's the other root of anger. Smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »
Hum...

According to my test results I should have killed you all by now...

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 03:02:51 PM »
My score: 25

Cool, calm and collected, that's your style. Based on your answers to the test questions, it's safe to say you're more happy-go-lucky than fuming and furious! You don't appear to fly off the handle or freak out when something rubs you the wrong way. Rather than plotting revenge or making people pay for any offense, you try to keep your cool. This well-controlled temper is certainly an asset - it saves both you and those around you from a lot of unnecessary turmoil. As long as you recognize that it's normal and, in fact, healthy to get angry from time to time, your approach is productive. Expressing feelings is much more effective than exploding. Way to go!
Chris

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 04:59:48 PM »
The root of anger is fear. Conquer your fears and your anger will evaporate.
That's a lot of it.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 05:05:25 PM »
Score: 65.

If rage and tranquility were countries, you'd be living on the border.
That pretty much sums up my life. Smiley

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 06:13:51 PM »
My score = 25. "Cool, calm and collected, that's your style"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Yea, RRRRRIIGHT.  Granted I have mellowed some over the years.  I wonder what I would have scored 10-12 years ago.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 06:30:19 PM »
I wonder what I would have scored 10-12 years ago.
3-7 with time off for good behavior?  Cheesy
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 08:11:21 PM »
"...just doesn't carry the same weight of satisfaction."

There's no satisfaction in revenge for the run-of-the-mill transgressions. Even if you were to kill the transgressor, it would drain more energy from you than him.

That test is a toy. The questions are meaningless. I hope everyone clicked on the ads, since that's what the webmaster is hoping for: to make money.

There's a couple of guys from my past who deserve killing for what they did to me, and to certain people close to me. I thought about it probably ten years ago, then decided to wait another ten years. This year I decided to give them another ten years for me to think about taking them out.

I know where they live, and I know their travel routes. But, with the passage of time, the notion of killing them for what was then a matter not just of honor, but of safety for those around me has obviously lessened.

Could I shoot them? Sure. I could likely put a shot into their eye sockets from 100 yards or more. But for what? To face the likely possibility of doing hard time for the rest of my life?

No.

The thing about real sumbitches--and I don't mean somebody who calls you a bad name, but somebody who really has done you and others wrong--is that they tend to repeat their patterns of behavior. In other words, they didn't just do something rotten to you, they've probably done something rotten to every person they've ever known.

And those roosters come home. Back in the 60's, all the hippies called it "kharma," or some such bull.

It ain't "kharma," it's simple odds. Do something bad to one guy out of one hundred guys you know, and you stand a 1% chance of him getting revenge. Do something bad to fifty out of one hundred guys you know, and you're looking at 50% chance.

Those couple of guys who needed killing? They're in their fifties, just like me. They're going to die sooner rather than later. I don't need to accelerate the process.

Thinking about it, there's a guy I even forgot about. Major maggot. What he did had long-term effects on my marriage that still linger to this day. No need to go further on that.

Anyway, Major Maggot was always a looney-tune. I swore I would wait until the right moment, even if it was decades later, and take him down.

Well, I didn't need to. Seems he was enough of a nut case that the police seized his guns. And, when he entered the elevator to head up to court to argue his case, he pulled a gun on a cop. Suddenly there were a whole bunch of guns.

And I don't need to worry about him or "kharma" anymore.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2005, 10:01:02 AM »
Rich & famous people who act poorly (& who can afford shrinks) and have little control of their aggression have "anger management problems."

Everyone else who acts in a similar manner is just an a$$hole.

That'll be fifty bucks.  I take paypal or USPS money order.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

elkhunter

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 12:44:41 PM »
My test Score = 55

"If rage and tranquility were countries, you'd be living on the border. From your answers on the test we can deduct that you have the occasional flare of temper, but are generally able to keep a lid on it. Perhaps there are certain situations that get your goat and bring out your angry side, or you simply wake up on the wrong side of the bed from time to time - and the world suffers the consequences! Whether these flashes of anger are a regular thing or not, you should consider the impact they might be having on your relationships and reputation. You don't want people fearing your wrath, do you? It's normal and even healthy to get angry, but freaking out over small things can only lead to trouble. "

Now I know that this test has no scientific basis whatsoever, and is just a toy......but

The results actually describe me fairly well.  Who'd a thunk it?