Author Topic: What do you do when you hit a slump in golf?  (Read 2553 times)

grampster

• friend
What do you do when you hit a slump in golf?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »
There's another shot called a "Curtis".  Named after my old golf pardner.  During a round of 18 holes he shanked several shots into the woods.  Every dang one of those duck hooks hit a tree and rebounded out onto the fairway.

From that day forward, any hook, shank or slice that was bound for the jungle and hit a tree and bounced back on to the fairway was called a Curtis.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
What do you do when you hit a slump in golf?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2006, 02:06:47 AM »
My dad used to tell me about a guy, Jim, who would do a "Dean" but included a long anguished primal scream with the bending and throwing. Apparently he would attract a lot of attention. dad wasn't good with attention, at least not like that. Cheesy

Cosine, I had another revalation, go play some "one club". Pick one club out of the bag and use it exclusively for the whole course, even as the putter. The pros usually pick a 5 iron but I suggest you go through the bag and use every club over time. That'll give you more understanding as to the capabilities of each club in you bag. Plus you won't be competing against yourself cause you KNOW you should be  be shooting lousy scores and that should take some of the pressure off. OK, maybe I wouldn't try to drive with the putter but you get the drift.
Avoid cliches like the plague!