Author Topic: Need a logic board for a 20" G5 Mac  (Read 830 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Need a logic board for a 20" G5 Mac
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
Any suggestions on a place for vintage parts? Got one for 139 tested a couple for 60 untested on eBay.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Need a logic board for a 20" G5 Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
Are you sure it's not the capacitors in the power supply?

eBay will be the cheap seat, but a non intel Mac is a bit long in the tooth for extensive repairs

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
Good call checking power supply. It was toast too. Couple hundred bucks is cheaper than a new Mac for the kid
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »
There was a bad batch of clone capacitors that were legion when those macs were made

You might be able to bring it back from the dead by replacing the swelled ones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
Good call checking power supply. It was toast too. Couple hundred bucks is cheaper than a new Mac for the kid

Couple hundred will buy a PC laptop.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »
have 5 pc laptops.  got the mac for some musical stuff she does at school.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »
Find the serial number of the mac, send it to me on FB. I will log into GSX and get part numbers on the parts. I have found that searching for old mac parts is much easier if you have the part numbers :-D
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
One on the way