Author Topic: More Good News!  (Read 3052 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
More Good News!
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:36:29 PM »
More good news! From California yet.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/12/13/firearm-sales-way-up-during-holiday-season/

“People are just coming in to protect themselves,” the employee said. “I think there’s just a lot of things going on in the world that are getting people thinking.”

Yup, good news all around.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: More Good News!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
If anyone would like an interesting research project, take a look at the correlation between these four things:
-  value of dollar (down)
-  gun sales (up)
-  dress hemlines (up)
-  height of women's high heeled shoes (up)

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:19:19 AM »
If anyone would like an interesting research project, take a look at the correlation between these four things:
-  gun sales (up)
-  dress hemlines (up)

One of these thing is not like the other. . .
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »
-  gun sales (up)
-  dress hemlines (up)

Social progress is not dependent on the value of the dollar?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:30 AM »
-  value of dollar (down)
-  gun sales (up)
-  dress hemlines (up)
-  height of women's high heeled shoes (up)

In 1926 George Taylor of The Wharton School posited a correlation regarding hemlines.  It has been tracked ever since, with somewhat amazing consistency within the theory.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=86787&page=1

http://amomknowsbest.com/2011/09/hemlines-and-the-economy/

http://repub.eur.nl/res/pub/20147/EI%202010-40.pdf

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2009-09-14/markets/30075572_1_skirts-hemline-theory-stock-market

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Special-Features/Slideshow/Hemlines/Slide0.aspx - a visual presentation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemline_index

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:07 AM »
I'm planning on conducting a great deal of research into the last two items in Vegas in March.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
I'm planning on conducting a great deal of research into the last two items in Vegas in March.....

Well number one will play into it also.  Just what will it cost to commit suicide by stripper?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »
Sacramento County is unique in CA. They lost A LOT of cops due to budget problems in the last year or so. The Sheriff's solution was to essentially go "shall issue" and recommend people arm themselves. Even the City Police Chief has followed that lead. I understand from posts on Calguns that they are so swamped with applications, that the current wait for an interview appointment is around six months.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »
Sacramento County is unique in CA. They lost A LOT of cops due to budget problems in the last year or so. The Sheriff's solution was to essentially go "shall issue" and recommend people arm themselves. Even the City Police Chief has followed that lead. I understand from posts on Calguns that they are so swamped with applications, that the current wait for an interview appointment is around six months.

"... shall not be infringed."   :mad:

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »

Well, for California, not counting the rural mountain and farm-valley counties, that's not bad.

And (Good News Everyone!) is it wrong I've read this entire thread in Professor Farnsworth's voice?

I promise not to duck.