Author Topic: Strange Bedfellows  (Read 1228 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Strange Bedfellows
« on: June 12, 2010, 05:30:36 AM »
Since we are not supporting them much, they went elsewhere.  Interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/12/saudi-arabia-gives-israel-clear-skies-attack-iranian-nuke-sites/

Saudi Arabia Gives Israel Clear Skies to Attack Iranian Nuke Sites

Published June 12, 2010
| Times of London

ONDON -- Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defenses to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran’s nuclear facilities, The Times of London reported Saturday.

In the week that the U.N. Security Council imposed a new round of sanctions on Tehran, defense sources in the Gulf say that Riyadh has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace in the north of the country to shorten the distance for a bombing run on Iran. To ensure the Israeli bombers pass without hindrance, Riyadh has carried out tests to make certain its own jets are not scrambled and missile defense systems not activated. Once the Israelis are through, the kingdom’s air defenses will return to full alert.

“The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way,” said a U.S. defense source in the area. “They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [U.S.] State Department.”

Sources in Saudi Arabia say it is common knowledge within defense circles in the kingdom that an arrangement is in place if Israel decides to launch the raid. Despite the tension between the two governments, they share a mutual loathing of the regime in Tehran and a common fear of Iran’s nuclear ambitions. “We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing,” said one.

The four main targets for any raid on Iran would be the uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, the gas storage development at Isfahan and the heavy-water reactor at Arak. Secondary targets include the lightwater reactor at Bushehr, which could produce weapons-grade plutonium when complete.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Strange Bedfellows
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and "I see nussingk" have an awful lot in common.

Now if thee were a way for the Saudis to turn off their electronics such that nobody would notice.  Either that or "It's just a flock of geese, Airman."

Tally-ho and good hunting to the Izzys.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »
Israel has been working with numerous Arab/Muslim countries on a variety of terrorism/national security issues for years now. You just don't see it much in the news.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:10:28 AM »
yea cooperation can get negative reactions from some proponents of the religion of peace.  ask anwar sadat ... oh  thats right you can't
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
The Saudis can almost always be counted on to do what's best for the Saudis.  Everything else takes a back seat, including even religion at times.  The same can't be said of some other Middle Eastern countries.   For good or ill, the Saudis are at least dependable.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »

all countries can almost always be counted on to do what's best for them .  Everything else takes a back seat, including even religion at times. 

ftfy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »
The Saudis can almost always be counted on to do what's best for the Saudis.

...the Saudis are at least dependable.

A pair of mutually exclusive statements.

In any event, I wish Micro's countrymen every success.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
A pair of mutually exclusive statements.

I think maybe he meant "dependable" as in "consistent." That is, we can always predict what they'll do, vs. the psychotic randomness of states like Iran and North Korea.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
I think maybe he meant "dependable" as in "consistent." That is, we can always predict what they'll do, vs. the psychotic randomness of states like Iran and North Korea.

Ayup.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton