Author Topic: Stovetop Espresso  (Read 3748 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Stovetop Espresso
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 03:01:30 AM »
I grew up on cheap commissary coffee, Maxwell House, MJB, Folger's,  et al, blended with Medaglia D'Oro canned espresso.  The morning blend was one measure per cup, half plus one of the cheap stuff, the balance espresso.  The after dinner brew was half and half.  Brewed in a percolator, the result was very drinkable and much better than anything I got elsewhere until I went overseas.  I now keep dark roasted Costa Rican and Kenyan in the freezer for early and midday, Ethiopian and Yemeni, and sometimes Blue Mountain or Kona, for after dinner.

I've been thinking on stretching out the coffee that way, Folgers or something, mixed with Bustelo or madalia dora ...now that I see others have tried that, what the heck.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »

Medaglia D'Oro
That's the one!  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
If you smell of coffee when you sweat or pee, as I do, then you can speak of addiction...=D

No, when you have 200 pounds of unroasted green coffee beans in the garage, three coffee roasters, a $ 1500 espresso machine, three grinders, six french presses, a drip coffee maker and up to three pounds of different roasted whole beans in the freezer at any one time; then you can speak of addiction.  Wankers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck Dye on September 28, 2012, 09:22:38 PM
I grew up on cheap commissary coffee, Maxwell House, MJB, Folger's,  et al, blended with Medaglia D'Oro canned espresso.  The morning blend was one measure per cup, half plus one of the cheap stuff, the balance espresso.  The after dinner brew was half and half.  Brewed in a percolator, the result was very drinkable and much better than anything I got elsewhere until I went overseas.  I now keep dark roasted Costa Rican and Kenyan in the freezer for early and midday, Ethiopian and Yemeni, and sometimes Blue Mountain or Kona, for after dinner.

Drinking cheap wally world coffee mixed with Cafe Bustelo, its excellent! Good tip!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."