Author Topic: Huckabilly sweeps KS  (Read 10741 times)

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
Huckabilly sweeps KS
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
Is Huckabee conservative in on any topic or issue?
I so wish Fred didn't drop out.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: Huckabilly sweeps KS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 02:57:42 PM »
He's much better on the 1st and 2nd Amendments than McCain, but worse on most of the other issues than that other guy who hasn't quit yet.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »
I agree with Ron on how we are in Iraq. His stated intention to pull out though unless the congress passes a declaration of war to include Iraq I believe is comparable to Hills and Obams intent.
The only other thing that makes me pause on RP is his age.

Where is the next Reagan? where have all the cowboys gone?   Bush was the latest new england transplant and nothing more.
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
I'm not sure people like Huckabee so much as loathe, detest, and despise McCain.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »
I'm not sure people like Huckabee so much as loathe, detest, and despise McCain.

1. He doesn't seem to be a schizophrenic like McCain.
2. He's not a "same old, D.C. insider, 4 years of the same" like McCain.
3. He didn't push an amnesty bill like McCain.
4. Unlike McCain, Huckabee has ACTUALLY SAID that the second amendment is not about hunting, it's about defense, etc.
5. When asked a question, instead of McCain's equivocating, Huckabee gives a straight answer

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »

1. He doesn't seem to be a schizophrenic like McCain.
2. He's not a "same old, D.C. insider, 4 years of the same" like McCain.
3. He didn't push an amnesty bill like McCain.
4. Unlike McCain, Huckabee has ACTUALLY SAID that the second amendment is not about hunting, it's about defense, etc.
5. When asked a question, instead of McCain's equivocating, Huckabee gives a straight answer

1. He thinks that we need to amend the Constitution to align it with God's message
2. He raised Taxes and spending while governor of Arkansas
3. He supported giving illegals drivers licenses
4. He supports the Patriot Act
5. I'm off to the Gym.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
So you prefer McCain, Finch?

The choice at this point is Huck or McCain. Period.

Also, Rick Perry is an ass.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has asked Mike Huckabee to drop out of the GOP presidential race, but Huckabee  who says hes banking on miracles in his long-shot bid against John McCain  declined.

Perry, a McCain supporter, called Huckabee Friday asking him to pull out for the good of the party, according to a senior Huckabee campaign aide.

Huckabee confirmed he received the call, and said he didnt take it seriously.

I told that him while I appreciated it, with all due respect, since he was already on someone elses team that I had to discount his advice since he had a vested interest in my not winning and McCain winning, he said. Since he was endorsing my opponent, therecommendation rang a little hollow to me. Again it was a cordial conversation but not one that I would take seriously.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »

Nope, since Ron Paul pretty much conceded I have nothing to look forward to in this race. I don't like McCain or Huckleberry and both will make this country worse instead of better.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »
Nope, since Ron Paul pretty much conceded I have nothing to look forward to in this race. I don't like McCain or Huckleberry and both will make this country worse instead of better. 

The Riders approach, I agree with another Paulian.....

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 04:19:08 AM »

The choice at this point is Huck or McCain. Period.

Also, Rick Perry is an ass.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has asked Mike Huckabee to drop out of the GOP presidential race, but Huckabee  who says hes banking on miracles in his long-shot bid against John McCain  declined.

Perry, a McCain supporter, called Huckabee Friday asking him to pull out for the good of the party, according to a senior Huckabee campaign aide.

Huckabee confirmed he received the call, and said he didnt take it seriously.

I told that him while I appreciated it, with all due respect, since he was already on someone elses team that I had to discount his advice since he had a vested interest in my not winning and McCain winning, he said. Since he was endorsing my opponent, therecommendation rang a little hollow to me. Again it was a cordial conversation but not one that I would take seriously.

Just now figure that out?......

Perry's hoping for a VP or Cabinet nomination from McCain.....not to further his political career, but to save his neck for when he has to leave the protection of the governor's mansion and face Texans on the street....  angry
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:41 AM »

Well we can still write in Ron Paul, vote Libertarian or Green, or just not vote at all.  I for one will not vote for Pastor Huckabee or that Liberal McCain.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »

Well we can still write in Ron Paul, vote Libertarian or Green, or just not vote at all.  I for one will not vote for Pastor Huckabee or that Liberal McCain.

Which means you'd be electing Hillbama.

If you can't figure out that all we can do is minimize the damage, then perhaps you shouldn't vote.

MrRezister

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »

If you can't figure out that all we can do is minimize the damage, then perhaps you shouldn't vote.

Yeah, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So keep your damned mouth shut, and put the Party before your worthless beliefs.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »

Yeah, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So keep your damned mouth shut, and put the Party before your worthless beliefs.
No. Put the good of the country above your mistaken belief that McCain's imperfections make him bad enough that it is worth getting Obama or Hillary elected.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »
Or, don't fall for silly beliefs like Ron Paul's foreign policy. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

beatnik

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »
Where did everyone get the idea that RP is out?
It's not a given yet that McAmnesty is going to the convention with 1197 delegates.  There are still other primaries and caucuses to get through, and even if he did have 1197 according to CNN, that's still according to CNN, and they're wrong.
It also says two things on his web site:
1) he specifically says he's in it until the money dries up, and there's still $100k a day going into his chest, and
2) the neocons are after his congressional seat.  He HAS to take some time to win back his seat, specifically to prevent ManedWolf from showing up here and saying "see, his own district doesn't want him".

And it works like this: I will never not vote my conscience.  I voted for the lesser of two muppets in the last two elections, and it got me unaffordable housing, high gas prices, bloated government, endless war, suspension of basic constitutional rights, and a crashing dollar. 

If your new muppet loses it's because he's running on that platform, not because I didn't vote for him.

MrRezister

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »

And it works like this: I will never not vote my conscience.  I voted for the lesser of two muppets in the last two elections, and it got me unaffordable housing, high gas prices, bloated government, endless war, suspension of basic constitutional rights, and a crashing dollar. 

You're supposed to be grateful the "greater evil" didn't win, just think how much worse you'd have it.
Also, I've been told that obeying your conscience is overrated, and possibly unpatriotic.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 12:08:48 PM »
unaffordable housing, high gas prices, bloated government, endless war, suspension of basic constitutional rights, and a crashing dollar. 

Just how would any of this had been different if Gore or Kerry had won the election, other than most of these problems would probably be worse?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »

You're supposed to be grateful the "greater evil" didn't win, just think how much worse you'd have it.
Also, I've been told that obeying your conscience is overrated, and possibly unpatriotic.

Look. Reality check.

If Huckabee doesn't get it, it WILL be McCain vs. Obama/Hillary.

It WILL. There is no other choice. RON PAUL IS NOT IN THE ELECTION.

At that point, you can waste your vote and let Hillbama get in, or you can hold your nose and vote for "sucks, but not four years of hell".

Yes, it sucks. THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE at this point.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »
Mane, nahnahnahnahnah, I can't hear you.  I going to open my eyes and find a real small-government/leave-us-alone Republican in the race.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MrRezister

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »

Yes, it sucks. THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE at this point.

Does not compute.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »
Oh, for..

So, great. The delusional Paulisitinians are going to put Hillbama in office.

WONDERFUL.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »
Oh, for..

So, great. The delusional Paulisitinians Neo-Conservatives are going to put Hillbama in office.

WONDERFUL.

Fixed it for you.  I am sorry but as far as minimizing the damage, why didnt people put someone like Paul in office in the first place?  I am sorry but the platform is broken and I cannot vote for any other candidates.

beatnik

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »
Look. Reality check.

If Huckabee doesn't get it, it WILL be McCain vs. Obama/Hillary.

It WILL. There is no other choice. RON PAUL IS NOT IN THE ELECTION.

Look.  Reality check.

There is proof of election fraud in New York.
There is serious contention as to the results of New Hampshire.  Results from a recount are still coming in.
In Washington, the election was called with 87% reporting, and there were literally hundreds of votes difference between McCain and Huckabee.
In Louisiana there is a lawsuit coming up to force the LA GOP to abide by its own rules instead of changing things arbitrarily in order to anoint a candidate.

Did this stuff happen in the past?  I'm sure.  But it's happening now, and we know about it.
Are you paying attention?  No, you're too busy trying to cut your losses to realize that you have nothing to lose.  It's gone already.  Your future is being decided for you.

If you spent all the energy you spend hating RP on something constructive, like investigating and participating in the cleanup of all the fraud that's going on, maybe we wouldn't have to hold our noses and cast the fear ballot.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »
Oh, for..

So, great. The delusional Paulisitinians are going to put Hillbama in office.

WONDERFUL.

Be happy they are voting, don't critize someone for writing in a candidate that didn't get a party nod.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536