Author Topic: The Return of Rahm Emmanuel ....  (Read 2256 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
The Return of Rahm Emmanuel ....
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
Just heard on Rush Limbaugh;

The Illinois Supreme Court has just put Rahm Emmanuel BACK on the ballot for Chicago Mayor.  :mad:

Oh well.  This IS Chicago.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
Re: The Return of Rahm Emmanuel ....
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
Hey - the Illinois Democratic Party paid good money for those judges, so let's not be hearing any complaints, now.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »
One of the new scientific innovations Obama will talk about tonight is Rahm's ability to be in two places at the same time.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »
According to http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/elections/rahm-emanuel-appeals-off-ballot-printing-supreme-court-20110125, they ordered a stay of the removal of his name while they consider to hear his appeal. 
The order granting a stay on ballot printing said the court was still considering whether to judge the case in an expedited manner.
  = How much is it worth to you?  Oh it is going to have to be a fast track hearing as it appears that the election is on Feb 22.

The Board of Elections had said they would print ballots and program early voting machines without Emanuel’s name, but reprint and reprogram if the ruling was reversed by the State Supreme Court.
  So the the BOE is ignoring the State Supreme Court?  I see if this happens, Rahm is allowed on the ballot, there are going to be election day issues.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
there are going to be election day issues.

Betcha Rahm's already "elected". Everything else is just a formality.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
Betcha Rahm's already "elected". Everything else is just a formality.

You got me on that one.  I forgot, for a moment, where the "election" is being held.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »
Well we really should be pulling for the lil' fella, we want him to F up 1 state really well, keeps him from doing much to the other 49.  I just wish I could have heard his off camera response to the court ruling that said nyet. Come to think of it, he'd make a better reality show than some.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
The Constitution aka rules mean nothing to a democrat.  Did anyone have any doubts that he would be put back on the ballot?  As has been said, "this is Chicago."  They traded in Al Capone for the "City .gov mob."
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 06:06:25 PM »
It must've taken a day for the dead fish to arrive in the mail.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 12:04:57 AM »
Just heard on Rush Limbaugh;

The Illinois Supreme Court has just put Rahm Emmanuel BACK on the ballot for Chicago Mayor.  :mad:

Oh well.  This IS Chicago.   
:facepalm:  El Rushbo got it wrong.  The Illinois Court didn't do this, it merely ordered the cessation of printing ballots without Emanuel's name. 
So ... I guess Limbaugh's accuracy rating drops from 99.99% to 99.98%  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Well, Fox News said it so it must be true .....
Today, The Illinois Supreme Court ruled that Rahm Emanuel will be on the ballot for mayor.

Guess he met their price .....  :facepalm: [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [popcorn] [popcorn]

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 02:24:51 AM »
I didn't think it would take him long to find the answer he was shopping for.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.