Author Topic: Romney NOT running in 2016!!  (Read 1923 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Romney NOT running in 2016!!
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Well, today, as covered by various news sources, Mitt Romney stated he will NOT be running for prez in '16.  He says he wants to keep the path open for someone with a better chance of winning, which I guess means about everyone. >:D

Well, one down ...... ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  to go ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Triphammer

• friend
Re: Romney NOT running in 2016!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »
But Bush is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »
I heard something that money folks behind Romney have "moved on" and are funding Jeb Bush.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
I heard something that money folks behind Romney have "moved on" and are funding Jeb Bush.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

*expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:01 PM »
Today on Political Jeapardy!

I'll take "Candidates for POTUS" for $200, Alex.

Answer: Jeb Bush

Question: Who is someone even less likely than Romney to get the GOP base to vote for him.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
I've been hearing the stinkin' Jeb Bush talk all morning on the business shows. Though Herman Cain actually made some good sense in an interview on Fox Business saying that we really won't be able to tell what's going on until the first debates in August.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »
Romney would be a great cabinet member.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
Question: Who is someone even less likely than Romney to get the GOP base to vote for him.

This GOP base you speak of, is white and aging, soon they will be irrelevant.

Mash your teeth all you want, but times are changing like they always do and a new base needs to be appealed to.

Millennials are just as big as the baby boomers, they are going to be a group to deal with. GenX like a bunch of on here, are stuck in the middle and there isn't very many of in the US population.

Uranus is a gas giant.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 03:02:06 PM »
This GOP base you speak of, is white and aging, soon they will be irrelevant.

Mash your teeth all you want, but times are changing like they always do and a new base needs to be appealed to.

Millennials are just as big as the baby boomers, they are going to be a group to deal with. GenX like a bunch of on here, are stuck in the middle and there isn't very many of in the US population.

Non-hispanic whites are still 63% of the population.  Blacks are ~13% and vote 9:1 Dem:GOP.  Hispanics are ~13% and vote 3:1 Dem:GOP.  It costs between 10x to 100x to get a middling voter enthused to vote relative to a base voter. 

Influencing 1% of the white population to vote GOP provides as many voters as getting 5% of either black or hispanic populations.  And that 5% of NAMs will be mostly from the middling, expensive-to-motivate part of the electorate.  The further right you move in the GOP base the whiter the proportions.  They are much cheaper dollar per vote-wise.

Given that, plus basic algebra, if the GOP wants to win anything in the near term, it will have to rally the base.  If the GOP wants to stay relevant, it will stop all third world immigration, expel those already here, and implement policies that encourage affordable family formation so white Americans have more kiddos.

If the GOP wants to stay forever irrelevant, it should import more folk who will vote Dem/FSA in perpetuity. 

The smaller the white population gets, the more it will move toward Lee Kuan Yew's position:

"In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion."
----Lee Kuan Yew, first PM of Singapore

Taking a look at the nationalist parties in Europe, you'll see none are ideologically pure.  A mix of capitalism and communitarianism, economics-wise.  They already embody LKY's observation.  Expect expulsions and violence.  The first violence likely will be the ruling class warring on the nationalists and fellow citizens.  The usual "frontlash" is propaganda(1), but the closer the nationalists come to power, the more likley the ruling class will use violence on the citizenry.  Eventually the nationalists will come out on top.  I think they will treat those they defeat as they were treated.

(1) See NYT after any outrage committed by NAMs or muslims so worried about a backlash, they libel the majority of the population.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
Non-hispanic whites are still 63% of the population.  Blacks are ~13% and vote 9:1 Dem:GOP.  Hispanics are ~13% and vote 3:1 Dem:GOP.  It costs between 10x to 100x to get a middling voter enthused to vote relative to a base voter. 

Influencing 1% of the white population to vote GOP provides as many voters as getting 5% of either black or hispanic populations.  And that 5% of NAMs will be mostly from the middling, expensive-to-motivate part of the electorate.  The further right you move in the GOP base the whiter the proportions.  They are much cheaper dollar per vote-wise.

Given that, plus basic algebra, if the GOP wants to win anything in the near term, it will have to rally the base.  If the GOP wants to stay relevant, it will stop all third world immigration, expel those already here, and implement policies that encourage affordable family formation so white Americans have more kiddos.

If the GOP wants to stay forever irrelevant, it should import more folk who will vote Dem/FSA in perpetuity. 

The smaller the white population gets, the more it will move toward Lee Kuan Yew's position:

"In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion."
----Lee Kuan Yew, first PM of Singapore

Taking a look at the nationalist parties in Europe, you'll see none are ideologically pure.  A mix of capitalism and communitarianism, economics-wise.  They already embody LKY's observation.  Expect expulsions and violence.  The first violence likely will be the ruling class warring on the nationalists and fellow citizens.  The usual "frontlash" is propaganda(1), but the closer the nationalists come to power, the more likley the ruling class will use violence on the citizenry.  Eventually the nationalists will come out on top.  I think they will treat those they defeat as they were treated.

(1) See NYT after any outrage committed by NAMs or muslims so worried about a backlash, they libel the majority of the population.

Looking at your reasoning, you will need to get ~80% of the white population to vote GOP in every election. Not going to happen.

Also the illegal immigration problem isn't going to change, amnesty is going to happen, maybe not this year but it will.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 10:45:09 PM »
Looking at your reasoning, you will need to get ~80% of the white population to vote GOP in every election. Not going to happen.

Also the illegal immigration problem isn't going to change, amnesty is going to happen, maybe not this year but it will.

That's assuming that each and every eligible Black and Hispanic voter did vote and voted for a D.  Highly improbable.  As Non-white participation decreases, the percentage changes also.

What the GOP needs to do is get a message (like, I don't know.  Freedom works) and hammer it over, and over, and over, and over again.   Yes, they will be derided by the MSM and the democrats (PPpppffhhhttt, "Trickle Down Voodoo economics...")   Ignore it, the American people knows what works, hammer home that point.

And hammer it home dssmore,

keep hammering it.   

It should be your principles.  Lower Taxes, Smaller Government.

Then do it.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 12:18:10 AM »
Then do it

:rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »

:rofl:

Yep. It's the usual. The Evil Party sucks because they do what they say they will. The Stupid Party sucks because they don't do what they say they will.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Romney NOT running in 2016!!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »

Not necessary as there are 1/4 to 1/3 of hispanics and something like less than 1/10 of blacks who vote gop.  Most of these are socons btw.  Or they will vote gop until they are run off by the "moderates" in the gop who preen about just how moderate and open minded they are as their actions alienate the few nams in the gop.

Besides getting 80pct of one race to vote for one party is doable.  Or do blacks not count?

Asians will vote with whomever they think has the power.  In california that is the dems.  In texas that is the gop.  The way to win their votes is to appear strong and win.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton