Author Topic: United in the news again  (Read 1620 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
United in the news again
« on: December 24, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
Along with Sheila Jackson Lee, this time.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Woman-accuses-United-of-giving-her-seat-to-Rep-12452258.php

Some animals are more equal than others ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: United in the news again
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:07:16 AM »
As much as Jackson-Lee deserves most every bit of ire thrown her way, gonna play devil's advocate on this one. I'm guessing the "bumped" passenger, seeing a flight delay, was playing around on the United app to check options and inadvertantly screwed up her ticket info. Not every app is created equal and some are downright confusing.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »
As much as Jackson-Lee deserves most every bit of ire thrown her way, gonna play devil's advocate on this one. I'm guessing the "bumped" passenger, seeing a flight delay, was playing around on the United app to check options and inadvertantly screwed up her ticket info. Not every app is created equal and some are downright confusing.

And if the person who got the passenger's seat was anybody other than a loud-mouthed, self-entitled politicritter I could accept that explanation as a distinct possibility. However, when the person who got the seat turns out to be a loud-mouthed, self-entitled politicritter, Occum's razor applies.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »
What Hawkmoon said.  If I'd have been the one displaced, when that miserable wretched woman played the race card, as she did, I'd have  verbally bitchslapped her with, "No, it's not because you're black, it's because you are a wretched ahole."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 02:24:13 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5216023/Rep-United-flight-fight-history-bad-behavior.html

I'm sure it was just a coincidence that this episode happened to involve Sheila Jackson Lee ... again.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 01:55:37 AM »
Hmm...so...unwanted negative attention, and people assuming she's going to be a pain in the ass...

I don't think it's racism that causes those.

(I mean, damn...I'm pretty sure I've seen that sitting on an old wire spool in front of a trailer park with a box of wine waiting for a (hopefully equally drunk) "date."  In first class seating, I'd really get suspicious.)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:24:44 AM »
Wrong crazy bat, that's Fredrica Wilson of Trayvom Martin fame. But you're in luck, the rodeo called, turns out you can keep that one.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »
Wrong crazy bat, that's Fredrica Wilson of Trayvom Martin fame. But you're in luck, the rodeo called, turns out you can keep that one.

Can't tell; in the category of dumpy-looking, dopey-looking and just-plain-trashy looking women, color is about the only thing left to tell them apart.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:31:36 AM »
Can't tell; in the category of dumpy-looking, dopey-looking and just-plain-trashy looking women, color is about the only thing left to tell them apart.

I dunno -- the cowgirl hat with the sequins tends to be a bit unique.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »
I dunno -- the cowgirl hat with the sequins tends to be a bit unique.

You ain't been to southeast Dallas lately.