Author Topic: Man Drives 12 Hours to Shoot His Brother  (Read 319 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Man Drives 12 Hours to Shoot His Brother
« on: May 07, 2023, 09:30:50 AM »
While this is not a unique case, what was morbidly interesting to me was that this guy was on the road for 12 hours with this plan to shoot his estranged brother. Watching his expression on the Ring camera from initial contact to the shooting, you could just about see his mind whirring as he seemed to go from, "Should I really do this?" to "*expletive deleted*ck it!".

From the exchange between the two, it didn't even seem, at least from the dead brother's perspective, that there was any kind of blood feud going on - just family members that didn't like each other.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-man-drives-utah-shoot-kill-estranged-brother
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Man Drives 12 Hours to Shoot His Brother
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 09:38:47 AM »
I wasn't sure what was worth commenting on with this story.  Seems pretty messed up that someone is far enough away they are in another state, but he was still mad enough to go after him.  And of course others who happen to be there get hurt as well.

There was a comment about emptying bank accounts, but I wasn't sure what that was. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 09:54:01 AM »
I wasn't sure what was worth commenting on with this story. 

For me it was just his facial expressions changing from the time he rang the bell to when he pulled the trigger. Usually you just see the video from the time the gun is out. Here it seemed like he was going from "Am I really going to do this?" to the changed facial expression just before he pulled out the gun. Plus the brother just seeming to think this was no more than family not getting along.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 11:38:48 AM »
I wonder what became of the dog.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 12:21:51 PM »
I wonder what became of the dog.

I was wondering the same thing.  Looked like a friendly pup.  Hopefully the shooter didn't kill it before he went out in a blaze of dumbassery.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 12:26:00 PM »
Police say Jeffrey was armed with a 9mm handgun, a 12-gauge shotgun and over 150 shotgun shells and was carrying a total of 23 fully loaded handgun magazines.

Sounds like he came to do a lot more than just kill his brother.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 03:12:15 PM »
I wonder if he had some mental issues and fixated on the brother as the source of his problems.  I doubt I will ever know the answer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge